trying to extend my hotel

thomas 1975

Original Poster
i booked my hotel through a travel agent for september at the pop century but i wanted to add on another day. disney said that i have to go through the travel agent. the travel agent said that the pop century was booked solid. but when i check it always shows that there are rooms available. what do you think. should i make a separate reservation for just the one night.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Is your existing reservation one with either a promo (free dining) or rate discount? That could be why your TA is saying the resort is booked (no rooms with those options left), but you're seeing availability online. If you make an additional reservation, make sure to let Disney travel know to connect the two (a continuing reservation is what I believe they call it), so you won't have to switch rooms. You will still need to check out from the first, and check in for the second. We did this at the GF last year - even received a phone call reminding me to go to the front desk to check out/check in. It was no biggie to do.

Jess G

i booked my hotel through a travel agent for september at the pop century but i wanted to add on another day. disney said that i have to go through the travel agent. the travel agent said that the pop century was booked solid. but when i check it always shows that there are rooms available. what do you think. should i make a separate reservation for just the one night.

Did you ask your TA flat out why she would show no availability since you're clearly seeing it on the website? Even if you booked with a discount or promo that isn't available for another night you would think she would want your business and would want you to stay longer and go over all your options. I would either book it myself assuming they don't want to help or have @Kingdom Konsultant help with your last night with a separate reservation. Disney usually doesn't make you switch rooms if it is the same type of booking.

22YrsDVC

Travel agents are a dying breed, I was once one myself in the good old days when Pan Am was flying. The internet has changed many things, but not the fact that just because you see a booking available one second, it doesn't mean it's there the next.
By all means, check back with your agent and ask what's going on. But also take all of the other advice above. Bon chance!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom