Incredibles Super Dance Party to end April 30th

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Hey everyone, good news! OTPN is reporting that there will be a "temporary" meet and greet with Mr Incredible from 5/1-5/18. They also mentioned that later this spring there will be a new dance party in the current Incredibles Dance Party location.
No word on the character switcharoo yet though.
Source: http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2017/04/photos-new-entertainment-offerings.html

So the superhero dance party is giving way to a "cosmic" dance party.

Which characters will that be: Miles? Guardians? Star Wars? Chip & Dale in astronaut helmets?

Surfin' Tuna

Last night on the Wednesday night MK visit the wife and I were walking through Tomorrowland and the eyesore of a stage didn't seem so bad for the first time ever. Knowing it would soon be quiet and maybe even gone made it a nice feeling. Then I log tonight and see this news... Luckily the new party will be "out-of-this-world!" Can't we just get it out of the park? I can't think of too many things that could ruin the feel of a land much more than that music does. Luckily there's the new Joffrey's.

TiggerDad

The stage will be refurbished in May and a new dance party may appear inside Cosmics.
If the dance party moves inside, that may help contain some of the noise. People who like dance parties can go, and those who don't will not have to listen to it.

LukeS7

I'm calling it now: After kicking Stitch out of having a ride, they're downgrading him from a Meet & Greet to the cosmic dance party (for those who haven't seen me post before, I know the Stitch ride isn't great, he's just my favorite character)

21stamps

I'm calling it now: After kicking Stitch out of having a ride, they're downgrading him from a Meet & Greet to the cosmic dance party (for those who haven't seen me post before, I know the Stitch ride isn't great, he's just my favorite character)
He's my kid's favorite character too. Honestly, I would rather see him in a dance party rather than a meet and greet. I think the character interaction at dance parties is so much fun.

brb1006

Wait there are making another dance party? But I wanted to see the stage get removed. So much for hearing the Tommorowland area music again at night.

Disney Dad 3000

Well that is some crappy WDW news to head into the weekend. Was really looking forward to strolling through TL in September and not seeing what I thought was put out to pasture. I don't want any part of a dance party in the MK, but at least if they are going to do it, find somewhere that doesn't totally kill whatever vibe the area has. Stick it in the back near the barnstormer, anywhere but TL, AL, FL.
I imagine at some point they'll do a temporary SW dance party too.

CJR

A big thumbs down from me. Can't stand DJ dance parties personally, so I was hoping this would be out or at least moved somewhere indoors. It gathers a crowd and it's cheap, I suppose. Still, it's Tomorrowland, which deserves way better.

I can have about as much fun dancing around to the same pop music in my living room if I wanted to, probably more fun since I have air conditioning and can wear whatever I want :angelic:. I don't mind that Disney offers dance parties themselves, but they don't belong out in the open, in themed places. My exception is special occasions like July 4th, when it's so crowded you can't really move much anyway so might as well boogie.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
A big thumbs down from me. Can't stand DJ dance parties personally, so I was hoping this would be out or at least moved somewhere indoors. It gathers a crowd and it's cheap, I suppose. Still, it's Tomorrowland, which deserves way better.

I can have about as much fun dancing around to the same pop music in my living room if I wanted to, probably more fun since I have air conditioning and can wear whatever I want :angelic:. I don't mind that Disney offers dance parties themselves, but they don't belong out in the open, in themed places. My exception is special occasions like July 4th, when it's so crowded you can't really move much anyway so might as well boogie.
If only there was an indoor space that could hold such an event at WDW!

Oh yeah! http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions...disney-opens-at-disneys-hollywood-studios.htm

Shame it isn't used.

COProgressFan

I don't like that it breaks the theme completely but I'm okay with live performances. Disneyland often has live bands in tomorrowland, but live performances usually have a different energy and vibe that I find more appealing. WDW's foam heads jumping around to sanitized top 40 hits and wedding reception music with a cheesy DJ is just nauseating.

CJR

I'm okay with live performances.

Oh, me too. Like you noted though, there's a difference between people working hard to entertain guests and a DJ mixing up music previously recorded by pop artists. I'd much rather have a band actually there performing. It's cheap, which is why Disney likes it, but it's not quality, in my opinion. Kids could still dance around with characters if you had a singer and live band there and I bet it would be a lot more fun and respected. In my opinion, it's the DJ instead of a band that makes it so much more tacky.

I'm not discrediting what a DJ can do, but if I had to choose between live performers or a DJ, it's live performers every time. DJ's do have a place in this world, in my opinion, but it shouldn't be distracting high-paying guests on a stage in Tomorrowland.

tl77

A sad day for the Incredibles, they really knew how to bust a move, to see them in action you'd think their moves on the dance floor is where they got their name... our 6 year olds actually really loved this dance party. I'm sure if the Incredibles ever get a sequel they'll be back, now I guess it's on to promoting the Guardians of the Galaxy and their "Awesome Mix Volume 2"

a) The Incredibles should never have a dance party. Mr. Incredible should never be dancing. So ending it is a good thing.
b) Disney really doesn't need to have dance parties. There is enough to do in the parks.

That is all.

IanDLBZF

Just wanted to stop by and say that WDW Info is reporting that Stitch will move to Tomorrowland on May 21, 2017 (Sunday). They report that it is not known who will replace Stitch's time slot and location in Town Square.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom