Guardians of the Galaxy Mission Breakout announced for Disney California Adventure

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
Well they read and apparently decided they couldn't handle another opinion without posting sarcastic, critical comments. Which, in my opinion, were unwarranted. If They don't like my memes or one liners (which by the way are comedy gold) or the fact that I like something they don't, at that point they can either click the ignore button or act like an adult and be civil.

Dramatic much? Follow your own advice and move on.

<insert lame Frozen meme here>

Last edited:

180º

TOTALLY agree. More basements! (The last major basement built at DL Park was under Village House in the New Fantasyland. (Under Mickey's House in TT is only half below grade and Soarin' is just a sunken attraction). And the only significant second stories are Trattoria and Carthay (both restaurants). The only second floor backstage is a small portion on the back of Little Mermaid, other than the four two-story service buildings on the East side of DCA (the three green buildings to the SE and the Security building on the NE, next to Monsters Inc.).
If we're counting true Back-of-House buildings, don't forget about the entertainment and admin buildings on Disneyland's side, one of which includes two floors above ground level, one floor below ground level, and the Primeval World diorama. Now that's how you use space!

Some older and still operating basements include the one below the old CircleVision building with access to the TLT stage and Peoplemover platform, and the NOS basement.

Travel Junkie

I'm not sure which is more funny: that a few hundred people actually paid for this event or that those that bought the tickets are considered a solid base. It will be interesting to see the freebies given out listed on ebay the next day though.

I'm willing to bet Resellers, bloggers, and "social influencers" make up most of the attendees. That's how most of these events shape out. I'm sure the Star Wars land opening will set some sort of record of number of these types in one location at the same time.

Some on here though seem willing to spin any little thing as proof of this being widely successful and I'm sure opening weekend these same people will post wait times opening weekend as further proof that Disney is awesome as if they are Disney PR.

Old Mouseketeer

If we're counting true Back-of-House buildings, don't forget about the entertainment and admin buildings on Disneyland's side, one of which includes two floors above ground level, one floor below ground level, and the Primeval World diorama. Now that's how you use space!

Some older and still operating basements include the one below the old CircleVision building with access to the TLT stage and Peoplemover platform, and the NOS basement.

Actually, the Old Administration Building built around Primeval World is two stories above ground on the outside and three on the inside. There's no full basement under Primeval World, just the legendary Time Tunnel connected the basements under the inside and outside buildings.

In Tomorrowland there are four basements, all unconnected. 1. The tunnel from behind TEC Launch Bay all the way to Pixie Hollow with a partial basement under TL Terrace, including dressing rooms for the stage and kitchen prep and storage (not a full basement under Circlevision/Buzz). 2. The old Rocket Rods queue (not connected with #1) from behind Store Command to under the RR platform. 3. Under Pizza Port ("Mars Basement") including space that was under the Moon/Mars theaters/capsules and the old TL DACS room for animation/audio control. 4. The building on the East side of Space Mountain (not connected to #3 adjacent).

When I worked at DL in college and just after (a looooong time ago in a lifetime far, far away) I saw bits of a couple of these. Some I've just heard about from first-hand accounts (I snuck down to peek at #1).

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I wonder how many of them were actually bloggers, mommy bloggers and PR agents.

I'm willing to bet Resellers, bloggers, and "social influencers" make up most of the attendees. That's how most of these events shape out. I'm sure the Star Wars land opening will set some sort of record of number of these types in one location at the same time.

Some on here though seem willing to spin any little thing as proof of this being widely successful and I'm sure opening weekend these same people will post wait times opening weekend as further proof that Disney is awesome as if they are Disney PR.

So, without any proof of who these people are, you're going to label them as belonging to a specific group, so that, if they say nice things about the rethemed ride, which you hate, you can dismiss whatever they say as biased. That's a long walk to set up a fallacious ad hominem attack.

You can't trust bloggers. And you can't trust 'tourists' -- what do they know? And you can't trust CMs.

So who's left, those who post obsessively on a Disney fan forum?

Bairstow

So, without any proof of who these people are, you're going to label them as belonging to a specific group, so that, if they say nice things about the rethemed ride, which you hate, you can dismiss whatever they say as biased. That's a long walk to set up a fallacious ad hominem attack.

You can't trust bloggers. And you can't trust 'tourists' -- what do they know? And you can't trust CMs.

Well anyone who dislikes the overlay, obviously, is completely and instantly trustworthy.

Californian Elitist

The people you quoted never labeled the attendees into one group.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

I'm curious how many tickets were sold.
all of them, duh ;)

Honestly though, I'm in no way surprised this event sold out. People will literally scream their heads off online about how horrible something is, but if it also can contain even a whiff of Diznee exclusivity, they'll jump on board...

I gotta say too, when I was at the park last week, I stood in front of this behemoth for a good while at night just to stare at it. It's akin to having a child come home with a fully done up tattoo sleeve after they said they'd probably never get one. Shock and awe at first. Then you start getting used to it. But it never quite crosses the line of you thinking, "actually, this is better than it was before". Your kid is super excited to show you the intricacies of the design and you can at least admire the work and craft of the whole thing...but it will never fully settle in and get comfortable. And unless they decide to start wearing long sleeves all the time...its just...there to look at.

Travel Junkie

What on earth are you talking about? Most of these events are filled with bloggers, social media influences, and re sellers. That is pretty standard. I have spoken to a lot of bloggers and social media "celebrities" that did buy tickets, but obviously I don't know everyone who bought tickets. I made absolutely no judgment on them. In fact you can put in that category as I blog and have re-sold. My post was in response to the comment that the event selling out proves that Disney has a brand new audience of Marvel fans and a hit on their hands. I was simply stating that my bet is that is not the case.

The 2nd comment was directed at the same person who Disney should hire as PR. He does a better job than Disney does. It's a compliment!

Finally I have not been on the ride. I can't hate something I haven't been on. I have been critical of the exterior and the thematic integrity. I will be there opening weekend and based on what I have heard from people that have been on the ride that I will like the ride portion better than TOT. Would I go opening weekend to something I hated? I want to ride it.

You suppose way too much.

yookeroo

Because.. to make a real judgment of the things we see, read and hear.. we have to see them, read them and hear them...

Cant "like" or "hate" if someone doesn't read. someone has TO READ to actually make a judgment.

Why the need to judge her posts?

If I can restrain from posting sarcastic, criticism of other's opinions here, on a Disney forum for god sakes , then anyone can.

Anyone? I'm not sure I can always resist sarcasm.

SSG

giphy.gif

Curious Constance

all of them, duh ;)

Honestly though, I'm in no way surprised this event sold out. People will literally scream their heads off online about how horrible something is, but if it also can contain even a whiff of Diznee exclusivity, they'll jump on board...

I gotta say too, when I was at the park last week, I stood in front of this behemoth for a good while at night just to stare at it. It's akin to having a child come home with a fully done up tattoo sleeve after they said they'd probably never get one. Shock and awe at first. Then you start getting used to it. But it never quite crosses the line of you thinking, "actually, this is better than it was before". Your kid is super excited to show you the intricacies of the design and you can at least admire the work and craft of the whole thing...but it will never fully settle in and get comfortable. And unless they decide to start wearing long sleeves all the time...its just...there to look at.

So what kind of tattoos did your kid get? ;)

Hatbox Ghostbuster

So what kind of tattoos did your kid get? ;)
enhanced-buzz-26824-1367342391-12.jpg

lol. Thankfully no kids and no tattoos. I was just making a bad analogy.

But to further it out...say DCA is your kid and GotG is her new tattoo...she's just going to justify it by saying, "don't worry dad, soon my equally garish boyfriend is going to move in and before long you won't even notice anymore. :)"

flynnibus

Premium Member
Much of your point is good. However, I think you don't understand the nature of the facilities in question. These are not back storage that could be relocated off-site. Everything of that nature already has been. The costuming space is for DAILY issue for live talent and characters. I have known people working in various aspects of the entertainment division going back decades. The rehearsal hall is primarily for the use of DCA's entertainment offerings, along with music education programs and guest talent (my nephew's intermediate school orchestra had a session there.

I completely agree about how these facilities could have been incorporated better so they had a smaller footprint on DCA's scant acreage. If they're able to close the outmost perimeter road on the south boundary to guest traffic after the east parking structure opens, this will offer some added options.

Time to build vertical on stuff :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom