New speciality cruise takes guests around World Showcase Lagoon

Otterhead

Why would anyone want to pay $149 dollars to ride around a lake? What are you seeing that you can't see from the land except for the countries......from the water?
That's like asking why someone would want to spend money on an Alaskan cruise or a river cruise. "What are you seeing from a ship that you aren't seeing while on the coast?"
Well, for one, you're on a boat. Not walking. Seeing the countries sail by as you relax. That's appealing to some people.

We once rented the Breathless II for an illuminations cruise. It was I think at the time about $395 and there were 4 of us... We had a captain and the provided snacks, we brought a bottle of Bolly,and had a lovely time...after the fireworks he just toured us around for a while... That lovely evening was TOTALLY worth it...but it was not a daytime thing ...not sure how they will justify the cost for this...

I can understand with fireworks, a special view you would not get elsewhere and you only paid $98.75 per person. A MUCH better deal and a much better return on your investment. This makes no sense.

That's like asking why someone would want to spend money on an Alaskan cruise or a river cruise. "What are you seeing from a ship that you aren't seeing while on the coast?"
Well, for one, you're on a boat. Not walking. Seeing the countries sail by as you relax. That's appealing to some people.

Not even close. You can't see the majesty of the glaciers or the beautiful coastline of Alaska from the shore. At World Showcase you can look across the lake and see every country. Really, you don't have to defend Disney over every choice they make. They are not infallible. This is a simple money grab for the gullible.

Otterhead

Really, you don't have to defend Disney over every choice they make.
I'm not. I'm saying that different people like different things. You've made it clear that this isn't something you see any appeal in, but I'm sure that other people might. I personally don't see why people would pay money for a cabana in Tomorrowland or a Segway tour, but they do those, too. I'm sure there's people with money to burn staying at a boat-tour-themed hotel who think it'd be charming to have a boat tour. And I certainly don't see what's offensive or angering to you about people on a boat.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
I can understand with fireworks, a special view you would not get elsewhere and you only paid $98.75 per person. A MUCH better deal and a much better return on your investment. This makes no sense.

Not even close. You can't see the majesty of the glaciers or the beautiful coastline of Alaska from the shore. At World Showcase you can look across the lake and see every country. Really, you don't have to defend Disney over every choice they make. They are not infallible. This is a simple money grab for the gullible.
And you don't think that the almost $400 for 4 people isn't a "cash grab"? I really cannot understand why people argue about something that they don't think is "worth" it. Just state you won't do it, and move on to the next cash grab gripe.

elliepixie

Everybody is like, "take the friendship boat and bring your own snacks" and stuff. Of course, don't do this is you have Epcot admission. BUT, what if you dont have admission, or your don't want to use one of your tickets? if you have a big enough group, $15-20 bucks per person to ride around the world showcase, take pictures, have snacks is not bad.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Everybody is like, "take the friendship boat and bring your own snacks" and stuff. Of course, don't do this is you have Epcot admission. BUT, what if you dont have admission, or your don't want to use one of your tickets? if you have a big enough group, $15-20 bucks per person to ride around the world showcase, take pictures, have snacks is not bad.
That's an excellent point. A family that doesn't want to go into WS that day could certainly take advantage of this.

rob0519

Ok, this is not something in which our family would have any interest. I'm not sure what type of customer would find this appealing, but someone put the idea in management's head. I'd love to see the numbers as to how many boats actually get booked for this in the next 60-90 days. I have a feeling this idea will go the way of the MK Cabanas.

I'm not. I'm saying that different people like different things. You've made it clear that this isn't something you see any appeal in, but I'm sure that other people might. I personally don't see why people would pay money for a cabana in Tomorrowland or a Segway tour, but they do those, too. I'm sure there's people with money to burn staying at a boat-tour-themed hotel who think it'd be charming to have a boat tour. And I certainly don't see what's offensive or angering to you about people on a boat.

I get angry at the constant Disney money grabs. Everything is an additional charge. Everything is extra money. We pay enough when we go to the parks and stay at their resorts. They over inflate their food prices. $3.00 for a bottle of water is ridiculous for example. But they find more ways to con more people into spending more of their hard earned money solely based on the fact that it is Disney.

And you don't think that the almost $400 for 4 people isn't a "cash grab"? I really cannot understand why people argue about something that they don't think is "worth" it. Just state you won't do it, and move on to the next cash grab gripe.

Because our freedom of speech is a wonderful thing. I argue for the same reason you reply to a person who you find making an unnecessary argument.

That pricing was per boat not per person. I had to do a double take myself when I thought they were charging $149 for a one hour boat ride & snacks .

Yes, somebody pointed that out for me as well. If that is the case then that's not too bad. The boat trip on a lake is still silly, but at least if that is the cost it is more reasonable.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Because our freedom of speech is a wonderful thing. I argue for the same reason you reply to a person who you find making an unnecessary argument.
I never said your argument was unnecessary at all. I asked why you thought a $400 cash grab was worth it and the $149 cash grab was not. They are both cash grabs to your way of looking at things. To me, they are just an option that people can choose to pay for.

And why does something like this - that affects your trip not in the slightest - make you angry? :confused:

I never said your argument was unnecessary at all. I asked why you thought a $400 cash grab was worth it and the $149 cash grab was not. They are both cash grabs to your way of looking at things. To me, they are just an option that people can choose to pay for.

And why does something like this - that affects your trip not in the slightest - make you angry? :confused:

Why does it matter to you? Why are you so worried about my opinion? Are you a Disney shareholder? Is that you Mr. Iger?

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Why does it matter to you? Why are you so worried about my opinion? Are you a Disney shareholder? Is that you Mr. Iger?
Well yes, I am a Disney shareholder, but not Mr. Iger. I was curious as to why you thought the $400 cruise was a better deal. Both are for 10 people. Both are an hour long. Both start and stop from the same dock. Is getting to see the fireworks from a boat worth the extra $250 to you? You made it sound like it was, and I was curious as to why. I'm trying to understand your POV, but if you don't wish to discuss it, then fine, I'll drop it.

Nmoody1

I'd rather have something like this going on....

Attachments

• MH 04.jpg
    MH 04.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 112

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom