Haunted Mansion Restaurant

MaximumEd

I really must emphasize that if WDW is all you are familiar with. A trip to Disneyland is really worth looking into. It will change the way you see the parks.

Agree. My wife and I went last October for our anniversary. It was different. My wife didn't care for it nearly as much as I did. Personally, I loved it. The "blessing of size" gets old to me. I loved being able to just walk everywhere.

Bocabear

I agree but PLQ at least the three crypts has to go.
Maybe they could update the xit area and move Captain Culpepper and the Speak To The Dearly Departed crypt over on that side... the Book case game crypt thing just needs to disappear...far too plasticy looking. I wish the organ and bas reliefs looked like aged bronze...and again less resin looking... it really cheapens it.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
You are the reverse JT, hes never been to the park and thinks everything is great, you haven't been there in over a decade and all you do is complain, things are much better when you experience them first hand. Videos and pictures are great but you don't get the whole feel.

Correct. This is why I purchased 802 acres of land in rural Indiana and painstakingly construct each new attraction after watching online videos. I can then experience the attraction without making the trip and my opinion is completely valid. I even hire locals to stand in line and make the new attraction area more crowded...I'll have up to 4 attractions at once before I tear one down. I should post some pics. I think I did better with the floating mountains than all those so called experts employed by Disney.

Nickels5

I find it kinda disturbing that some of you live with such blinding entitlement that you can't understand why someone might not be in the position to spend (waste?) thousands of dollars (if not tens of thousands of dollars) on a few days at Giant Cartoon Rodent Park. Some people don't have grand after grand to drop so they can ride the same 30 odd rides over and over again and those people are still allowed to have an opinion on the parks. Have you ever considered that Giant Cartoon Rodent Park East Coast might not be worth the exorbitant price for the product that now fails the quality tests it once excelled at?
Whose saying that? The point is you cant truly grasp whats going on unless you experience first hand, do you disagree with that? I wouldn't comment on how the parks in Disneyland look or are run because I have never been there and my opinion would be uneducated.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Maybe they could update the xit area and move Captain Culpepper and the Speak To The Dearly Departed crypt over on that side... the Book case game crypt thing just needs to disappear...far too plasticy looking. I wish the organ and bas reliefs looked like aged bronze...and again less resin looking... it really cheapens it.

Oh the interactive queue: such an ugly, boorish, expensive yet cheap-looking addition that only distracts and diminishes from the outward aesthetic of the mansion. So much filler. I still can't wrap my noggin around why WDI thought it was needed in the first place. And worse, why it was done so poorly. Moving those crypts to the exit would certainly help. Heck the Cpatain Culpepper tomb should just as well be placed nearer the Liberty Square docks. Or better still, in a dedicated HM themed bathroom. The Speak to the Dearly Departed crypt should just be removed entirely. The rest of the interactive elements somewhat work but they just look cheap, toy-like. Of course, it doesn't help that they lack the realism of stone, as you mentioned. I agree that moving most of this to the exit would be preferable. At least there it would better fit the ride's narrative, the progression from spooky to kooky. If they can do this to the mansion it makes me very worried about the restaurant.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I have been to the parks, though and I saw the slow decline throughout my 4 visits, Plus I have been to Disneyland twice which is an eye-opening experience that makes WDW's flaws all the more obvious. I am not however pathologically negative and always hope for the best but have been disillusioned time and time again by TDO's cheapness and the lack of understanding the Company has for their own parks.
If WDW has "The Blessing Of Size" Disneyland has "The Blessing Of Quality and Detail"...WDW has been lacking in these.
To put it in movie terms, DL is "The Shop Around The Corner." WDW is "Fox Books."

Last edited:

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Oh the interactive queue: such an ugly, boorish, expensive yet cheap-looking addition that only distracts and diminishes from the outward aesthetic of the mansion. So much filler. I still can't wrap my noggin around why WDI thought it was needed in the first place.
I think WDW knew they were going to have HORRENDOUS stand-by lines, and added the interactive queue to try and placate the long-suffering guests to keep them from marching en masse to Customer Service (after stopping in the gift shops to buy pitchforks and hot tar) demanding restitution for having to stand in line for such a long time.

HMF

All three crypts violate the logic of the show and must be removed.

HMF

I think WDW knew they were going to have HORRENDOUS stand-by lines, and added the interactive queue to try and placate the long-suffering guests to keep them from marching en masse to Customer Service (after stopping in the gift shops to buy pitchforks and hot tar) demanding restitution for having to stand in line for such a long time.
It was a solution to a problem THEY invented. HM does not need Fastpass and trying to force it in only creates more problems.

HMF

Oh the interactive queue: such an ugly, boorish, expensive yet cheap-looking addition that only distracts and diminishes from the outward aesthetic of the mansion. So much filler. I still can't wrap my noggin around why WDI thought it was needed in the first place. And worse, why it was done so poorly. Moving those crypts to the exit would certainly help. Heck the Cpatain Culpepper tomb should just as well be placed nearer the Liberty Square docks. Or better still, in a dedicated HM themed bathroom. The Speak to the Dearly Departed crypt should just be removed entirely. The rest of the interactive elements somewhat work but they just look cheap, toy-like. Of course, it doesn't help that they lack the realism of stone, as you mentioned. I agree that moving most of this to the exit would be preferable. At least there it would better fit the ride's narrative, the progression from spooky to kooky. If they can do this to the mansion it makes me very worried about the restaurant.
At the very least if they screw up the restaurant. They won't force you to go in.

Prince Thomas

I find it kinda disturbing that some of you live with such blinding entitlement that you can't understand why someone might not be in the position to spend (waste?) thousands of dollars (if not tens of thousands of dollars) on a few days at Giant Cartoon Rodent Park. Some people don't have grand after grand to drop so they can ride the same 30 odd rides over and over again and those people are still allowed to have an opinion on the parks. Have you ever considered that Giant Cartoon Rodent Park East Coast might not be worth the exorbitant price for the product that now fails the quality tests it once excelled at?
........and youre on this forum for what reason??????

drwadadli

They could actually fit a building about the size of BOG behind the Interactive queue area, creat an old carriage road style path to bypass the queue, terminating in the West Wing of Gracey Manor...complete with a grand yet delapadated Porte Cochere (where the fictional Ball guests would have been dropped off)...Themed the "Chilly Reception and Swinging Wake" dining experience... It could be amazing!
hm-restaurant-jpg.201309
I think this idea the best

drwadadli

I would accept it only if the three crypts from PLQ disappear as part of the deal.
Between the Mansion and River of America would be the most logical place to have it whether the crypts are present or not. You have something against the crypts???

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom