HKDL & SDL: Opening in Advance of Posted Opening Hours?

steve76

Original Poster
Apologies if this is already answered somewhere else; I did try searching but to no avail.

How early do the Hong Kong and Shanghai parks open, prior to the official opening times? I seem to recall that HKDL opened half an hour early on my last trip, but that was several years ago and I'm not sure if that's still the case and whether it varies by day. And I have no idea for Shanghai...

Many thanks.

GiveMeTheMusic

Apologies if this is already answered somewhere else; I did try searching but to no avail.

How early do the Hong Kong and Shanghai parks open, prior to the official opening times? I seem to recall that HKDL opened half an hour early on my last trip, but that was several years ago and I'm not sure if that's still the case and whether it varies by day. And I have no idea for Shanghai...

Many thanks.

I am not sure about HKDL, but SDL routinely opens 20-40 minutes early. If you're planning on rope dropping, you need to be at the gates no later than an hour prior to opening.

Travel Junkie

SDL opened up 20 minutes early when I was there. By official opening time I was already on my 2nd ride. There was no opening ceremony. They just opened the gates and people ran in once their ticket was scanned. Agree with getting there an hour early, maybe more if it is supposed to be a busy day.

HKDL was like Disneyland. They let us in the park about 30 minutes early but were roped off halfway up Main St. They held you there until opening. The characters were out for meet and greets in town square prior to opening.

GiveMeTheMusic

Thanks both for the information!

With HKDL, there's usually no need to "rope drop" - the park opens late compared to other Disney parks (10:30am on my last visit). Right now the longest waits in the park are commanded by the low capacity Iron Man meet-n-greet (which is great, worth the wait).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom