What is going on with late Nov early December availability??? Again!!!

21stamps

Original Poster
Free dining is in the middle of the month I believe as well as NJ week where we have teachers convention and kids are off for a long 4 day weekend. Also obviously the beginning of the MVMCP and Thanksgiving week. I was looking to book that month also (great deals on airfare) but I could not align the offers/deals and my schedule.
I get your point too but also get OP's even if someone has the money why pay regular price if you don't need to at the resorts they like. Even at a Value I would want a discounted room offer as much as Deluxe. I know I always want something on sale so say whether I can pay full price or not. Always looking for a deal or coupon etc. Before joining DVC in 2013 I never stayed without a room discount at the Deluxes we liked every single trip and got 40% usually off 2012 and prior years for Deluxes. Long gone is those deals but point is I NEVER paid full price for a room at WDW or other hotels, so I understand the OP's thinking. ;)

If I book and something I want opens up, or a discount comes out.. do I cancel and make a new reservation every time? I think my TA may fire me. Lol

Is free dining going on during me week?
NM, just checked what does this mean? Can someone check in on 11/25 for the following week and have free dining? If so that could be the reason this is so slim.
IMG_5271.JPG

Last edited:

mousehockey37

Gloat about what? Wanting a discount? I posted this on a resort's section of a Disney themed website. Where else would I post this? My personal social media accounts, or where people might be having the same issue?

I didn't say I refused to book.. I have to acknowledge that I may not get a discount.. and the way last year went resort's did open up closer to, although still extremely limited. Maybe people went thru this last year and had actual experienced advice to give? In 2016 I changed my dates in late September.. so I had to deal with what was available at that time.

Yes, I don't want to go to Disney and not be on the monorail for at least part of the trip. And I do want to do a split stay so my kiddo can experience a different resort. I think AKL looks amazing, but once again have qualms about the distance to the parks.

I'd love to hear actual suggestions and experiences.

I'm sure this is on your social media.

Each year, people recover more from the recession. There are now more offerings in the parks. People are heading to the parks more now, with or without the discounts.

The distance to the parks is a non-issue. We love Kidani and will always try to stay there. It's a pretty short trip to AK and the MK. Epcot and DHS isn't too bad either. We were on the bus longer to get to places when we stayed at SSR, than when staying at AKL Kidani. I don't get why people think the bus ride is so horrible from there.

TiggerDad

Yes, but we also know this OP and her past TR's. That's why I reiterated that you book now, call back and have the discount applied later. She's not having it:

So what's one supposed to do? The big holidays at WDW are in demand because the kids are off school. She knows this. She's not new to this.

We all like discounts, that's a given, but if she's got too much on her plate and so desperately in need of this particular discount, then she has but few options, especially since she's not budging on the other plans. I mean, I'd love to go to Disney multiple times a year instead of maybe once every 2-3 years, but I'm not on here with my story. Sounds like she wants to hear herself gloat about her holidays to an extent, but she can't pin down that last reservation just yet.
I get that this is an internet message board and you need to have thick skin, but this thread has gone downhill fast.
Seems like the answer is if your dates are set in stone, book something you can afford now undiscounted so you have a reservation and can make ADRs. If discounts become available at your preferred resort, then change the reservation.

mousehockey37

I get that this is an internet message board and you need to have thick skin, but this thread has gone downhill fast.
Seems like the answer is if your dates are set in stone, book something you can afford now undiscounted so you have a reservation and can make ADRs. If discounts become available at your preferred resort, then change the reservation.

OP is unwilling to do the bold and underlined portion:
I don't see the point of booking just to switch resorts for a discount..

21stamps

Original Poster
Here is the website currently for that week-

IMG_5272.JPG
IMG_5273.JPG

For people "in the know" or experienced with this time frame, is it normal for rooms to open up later? Does Disney hold back rooms?

21stamps

Original Poster
OP is unwilling to do the bold and underlined portion:

I don't think you read the original post in this thread. No, I didn't want to book because I think it's counterproductive to book hoping for a discount., but I don't want to be left without options. The questions is now- what options.
The ones I would choose are gone.

So please, find another thread to spread negativity. I'm trying to plan a trip and would appreciate valuable tips instead of veiled insults.

21stamps

Original Poster
Dont forget you are looking at being on or near Pop Warner Week which always plays havoc with availability. Marie
Oh I'm so glad you commented! TA question.. if I book and then switch or have discount applied, is it something that can be easily done? Or is it booking and cancelling the original reservation?
My TA has a full time job.. and she's awesome, but it worries me to be dependent on a long phone call from her to Disney if that's what it takes to do any of the above.

mousehockey37

I don't think you read the original post in this thread. No, I didn't want to book because I think it's counterproductive to book hoping for a discount., but I don't want to be left without options. The questions is now- what options.
The ones I would choose are gone.

So please, find another thread to spread negativity. I'm trying to plan a trip and would appreciate valuable tips instead of veiled insults.

Then you need to get off here, and get on the phone with your TA and tell them your exact needs. Without acting soon, you may need to book offsite.

njDizFan

Gloat about what? Wanting a discount? I posted this on a resort's section of a Disney themed website. Where else would I post this? My personal social media accounts, or where people might be having the same issue?

I didn't say I refused to book.. I have to acknowledge that I may not get a discount.. and the way last year went resort's did open up closer to, although still extremely limited. Maybe people went thru this last year and had actual experienced advice to give? In 2016 I changed my dates in late September.. so I had to deal with what was available at that time.

Yes, I don't want to go to Disney and not be on the monorail for at least part of the trip. And I do want to do a split stay so my kiddo can experience a different resort. I think AKL looks amazing, but once again have qualms about the distance to the parks.

I'd love to hear actual suggestions and experiences.
Rent DVC points. A week in a studio( at the Poly) for about $2000.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Rent DVC points. A week in a studio( at the Poly) for about $2000.
Nice suggestion but that is an extremely popular time for us DVC members (first several weeks after Thanksgiving due to less points) and Poly for certain and most other DVC resorts are already booked by members besides some limited availability at Saratoga Springs and OKW. People wanting to rent those weeks need to rent more than 7 months out for the best chance at availability. I book my home resort Kidani right at 11 months out to get that popular time. Just checked the other day and Kidani in most room types is booked solid now as were others. ;)

wannabeBelle

Oh I'm so glad you commented! TA question.. if I book and then switch or have discount applied, is it something that can be easily done? Or is it booking and cancelling the original reservation?
My TA has a full time job.. and she's awesome, but it worries me to be dependent on a long phone call from her to Disney if that's what it takes to do any of the above.
Without knowing exactly how your TA does things, I am kind of hesitant to answer. I will tell you assuming that a discount does become available, it shouldn't be a project to apply it. That is also dependent on the policies of her agency as well, which I don't know. Also speaking only for the KK agency I work for, we do have a number of agents and do assist each other as needed so that shouldn't be an issue, but mousehockey is correct. Get in touch with your TA and tell them exactly what you are looking for, they cant assist you if they don't know what you are looking for. I do hope that you get the reservation you are looking for!! Marie

mousehockey37

Nice suggestion but that is an extremely popular time for us DVC members (first several weeks after Thanksgiving due to less points) and Poly for certain and most other DVC resorts are already booked by members besides some limited availability at Saratoga Springs and OKW. People wanting to rent those weeks need to rent more than 7 months out. ;)

Exactly. Those ressies are gone, and trying to land a confirmed reservation for that time is virtually impossible.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom