What is going on with late Nov early December availability??? Again!!!

21stamps

Original Poster
I don't understand!!!

I'm trying to hold off on booking until passholder discounts get released. I am NOT paying full price this year for any portion of our stay. But, I'm getting worried that availability is so slim!!! My dates are non negotiable.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
I would book now and wait it will be a while still before the AP rates are released for then. Also availability for the AP rates is very limited as you know I'm sure so no guarantees esp at that time. The public will have a room discount at that time too and will usually be released shortly before the Passholder rates. So you should get something but I would book now just in case. ;)

21stamps

Original Poster
I would book now and wait it will be a while still before the AP rates are released for then. Also availability for the AP rates is very limited as you know I'm sure so no guarantees esp at that time. The public will have a room discount at that time too and will usually be released shortly before the Passholder rates. So you should get something but I would book now just in case. ;)
You'll probably have a tough time scheduling a check-in before the 27th. Thanksgiving is busy, big league.

Our cruise is 11/18-11/25. So we have to check in on 11/25. I'm still not positive where we will stay..most likely split. I didn't plan to split last year- had to due to availability, but ended up being thrilled with the result.

I thought if I booked now then it could hurt the chances of a discount being released.
Only 5 of my 9 nights were discounted last year.. 1 at GF was not, and none at WL were. I don't want that to happen again.

21stamps

Original Poster
As to why we wait until the Wed AFTER Thanksgiving. Lol We are checking in on 11/29. ;)
You need to join our planning group!! It's a great collection of people :) most of us went last year, that's when the group started, and peer pressured each other to do it again this year.lol. New people are coming in. Am I allowed to say the name here?

sxeensweet

You need to join our planning group!! It's a great collection of people :) most of us went last year, that's when the group started, and peer pressured each other to do it again this year.lol. New people are coming in. Am I allowed to say the name here?

Lol! Awesome! I don't know if you can say it here or not. Just send me a private message by going on my profile. We love that time of year as you have seen me say many times and go then pretty often, and can help with other times as well. ;)

21stamps

Original Poster
Lol! Awesome! I don't know if you can say it here or not. Just send me a private message by going on my profile. We love that time of year as you have seen me say many times and go then pretty often, and can help with other times as well. ;)

I just did! It's really neat to see other people's plans and experiences.. plus bounce ideas off of each other. AND- I need all of the help I can get! ;)

21stamps

Original Poster
If you wait to book, there'll be nothing left to have a discount for, if there is a discount even offered. Your dates are non-negotiable yet you wait.
Yes, because I'm not paying $750+ Per night for a room and I didn't want to hurt the chances of discounts being released. Now I have to really think about it.

Call me cheap, I'll gladly accept that charge.lol

mousehockey37

Yes, because I'm not paying $750+ Per night for a room and I didn't want to hurt the chances of discounts being released. Now I have to really think about it.

Call me cheap, I'll gladly accept that charge.lol

I can think of other things besides cheap, and cheap wouldn't be one of them anyway. That said, isn't the mantra round here to book what you want, wait for the deal, then call back in and have the discount applied?

You're taking a week long cruise right before the WDW portion of your stay. Maybe look at the level of accommodations you're seeking. There's plenty of places on property that DON'T go for $750/night. Excuse me if I don't feel any pity for you if you don't get a discount for staying at the Poly or GF.

21stamps

Original Poster
I can think of other things besides cheap, and cheap wouldn't be one of them anyway. That said, isn't the mantra round here to book what you want, wait for the deal, then call back in and have the discount applied?

You're taking a week long cruise right before the WDW portion of your stay. Maybe look at the level of accommodations you're seeking. There's plenty of places on property that DON'T go for $750/night. Excuse me if I don't feel any pity for you if you don't get a discount for staying at the Poly or GF.

I don't need or want pity. I started this thread because maybe people are having similar issues. I didn't check today, but I think Poly is already sold out from last time I checked. WL looked to be sold out as well. Last year the Contemporary sold out but then a few rooms opened up closer to. I don't see the point of booking just to switch resorts for a discount..
and a discount is important to me this year, much more than last. I'm not canceling our NYE 3 night stay at GWL to justify a room at Disney..and I can't justify over $700pn for this trip with something else that close behind..and a little holiday called Christmas in the middle.

So, if you don't have any input on where to stay during holidays at Disney, or when to book.. then I'm not quite sure what your point is here.

mousehockey37

I don't need or want pity. I started this thread because maybe people are having similar issues. I didn't check today, but I think Poly is already sold out from last time I checked. WL looked to be sold out as well. Last year the Contemporary sold out but then a few rooms opened up closer to. I don't see the point of booking just to switch resorts for a discount..
and a discount is important to me this year, much more than last. I'm not canceling our NYE 3 night stay somewhere to justify a room at Disney..and I can't justify over $700pn for this trip with something else that close behind..and a little holiday called Christmas in the middle.

So, if you don't have any input on where to stay during holidays at Disney, or when to book.. then I'm not quite sure what your point is here.

The point here is, there are other places on property that cost less than $700-750/night, many places. You have to look on the side that there may be no discount. If you wait for something that never comes, you're SOL. The lavish lifestyle costs $$$, and you don't want to give anything up, so either fork it out and reserve it now or find something a little lower on the price scale to start with.

sxeensweet

The point here is, there are other places on property that cost less than $700-750/night, many places. You have to look on the side that there may be no discount. If you wait for something that never comes, you're SOL. The lavish lifestyle costs $$$, and you don't want to give anything up, so either fork it out and reserve it now or find something a little lower on the price scale to start with.

I get your point too but also get OP's even if someone has the money why pay regular price if you don't need to at the resorts they like. Even at a Value I would want a discounted room offer as much as Deluxe. I know I always want something on sale so say whether I can pay full price or not. Always looking for a deal or coupon etc. Before joining DVC in 2013 I never stayed without a room discount at the Deluxes we liked every single trip and got 40% usually off 2012 and prior years for Deluxes. Long gone is those deals but point is I NEVER paid full price for a room at WDW or other hotels, so I understand the OP's thinking. ;)

Last edited:

21stamps

Original Poster
Even if someone has the money why pay regular price if you don't need to. I know I always want something on sale so say whether I can pay full price or not. Always looking for a deal or coupon etc. Before joining DVC in 2013 I never stayed without a room discount at the Deluxes we liked every single trip and got 40% usually off 2012 and prior years for Deluxes. Long gone is those deals but point is I NEVER paid full price so I understand the OP's thinking. ;)

This exact reason is why this past NYE we stayed at a Homewood Suites with a pool for a couple of nights, instead of kiddo's wish of Great Wolf Lodge.lol. I can't justify their insane Christmas/NYE holiday pricing. We stayed there last month over Easter and his bday, and I received a bounce back offer for a future visit without black out dates. This is the one and only time we will be doing GWL for New Year's .lol

mousehockey37

Even if someone has the money why pay regular price if you don't need to. I know I always want something on sale so say whether I can pay full price or not. Always looking for a deal or coupon etc. Befire joining DVC in 2013 I never stayed without a room discount at the Deluxes we liked and got 40% 2012 and prior years for Deluxes. Long gone is those deals but point is I NEVER paid full price so I understand the OP's thinking. ;)

Yes, but we also know this OP and her past TR's. That's why I reiterated that you book now, call back and have the discount applied later. She's not having it:
I don't see the point of booking just to switch resorts for a discount..

So what's one supposed to do? The big holidays at WDW are in demand because the kids are off school. She knows this. She's not new to this.

We all like discounts, that's a given, but if she's got too much on her plate and so desperately in need of this particular discount, then she has but few options, especially since she's not budging on the other plans. I mean, I'd love to go to Disney multiple times a year instead of maybe once every 2-3 years, but I'm not on here with my story. Sounds like she wants to hear herself gloat about her holidays to an extent, but she can't pin down that last reservation just yet.

21stamps

Original Poster
Yes, but we also know this OP and her past TR's. That's why I reiterated that you book now, call back and have the discount applied later. She's not having it:

So what's one supposed to do? The big holidays at WDW are in demand because the kids are off school. She knows this. She's not new to this.

We all like discounts, that's a given, but if she's got too much on her plate and so desperately in need of this particular discount, then she has but few options, especially since she's not budging on the other plans. I mean, I'd love to go to Disney multiple times a year instead of maybe once every 2-3 years, but I'm not on here with my story. Sounds like she wants to hear herself gloat about her holidays to an extent, but she can't pin down that last reservation just yet.

Gloat about what? Wanting a discount? I posted this on a resort's section of a Disney themed website. Where else would I post this? My personal social media accounts, or where people might be having the same issue?

I didn't say I refused to book.. I have to acknowledge that I may not get a discount.. and the way last year went resort's did open up closer to, although still extremely limited. Maybe people went thru this last year and had actual experienced advice to give? In 2016 I changed my dates in late September.. so I had to deal with what was available at that time.

Yes, I don't want to go to Disney and not be on the monorail for at least part of the trip. And I do want to do a split stay so my kiddo can experience a different resort. I think AKL looks amazing, but once again have qualms about the distance to the parks.

I'd love to hear actual suggestions and experiences.

njDizFan

Free dining is in the middle of the month I believe as well as NJ week where we have teachers convention and kids are off for a long 4 day weekend. Also obviously the beginning of the MVMCP and Thanksgiving week. I was looking to book that month also (great deals on airfare) but I could not align the offers/deals and my schedule.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom