Do the Refurbished Yacht Club rooms no longer have carpet?

durangojim

Original Poster
We stayed there over New Years but not in a refurbished room. I can't tell from pics if there's still carpet in the refurbished rooms.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Edit: just saw a Yacht Club picture seems to be laminate and Beach Club Villas (not standard rooms) in the bedrooms is carpet but living area is laminate. I prefer carpet it's quieter and nicer to walk on and you don't feel every little thing that falls on the floor. lol. I hope it's not going to be all resorts at some point. I know some that just did refurbs like Kidani kept carpet just replaced it and BLT also etc so hoping they leave some resorts with carpet. ;)

I had not seen laminate but did see laminate in Coronado Springs newly refurbished rooms recent pictures. Beach Club still kept carpet in the refurbed rooms so don't see why Yacht Club would do laminate. ;)

Last edited:

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Edit: just saw a Yacht Club picture seems to be laminate and Beach Club Villas (not standard rooms) in the bedrooms is carpet but living area is laminate. I prefer carpet it's quieter and nicer to walk on and you don't feel every little thing that falls on the floor. lol. I hope it's not going to be all resorts at some point. I know some that just did refurbs like Kidani kept carpet just replaced it and BLT also etc so hoping they leave some resorts with carpet. ;)

I had not seen laminate but did see laminate in Coronado Springs newly refurbished rooms recent pictures. Beach Club still kept carpet in the refurbed rooms so don't see why Yacht Club would do laminate. ;)
Were you staying in studios? I had thought they were replacing the carpet in the common areas in all 1 bedroom and larger villas with the laminate, but keeping the carpet in the bedrooms.

sxeensweet

Were you staying in studios? I had thought they were replacing the carpet in the common areas in all 1 bedroom and larger villas with the laminate, but keeping the carpet in the bedrooms.

That's what I said the bedrooms had carpet but living room/common area had laminate at Beach Club. BUT BLT and Kidani It's still carpet throughout besides kitchen/bathrooms and such. We only stay in 1 or 2 bed villas not Studios. We were in a 1 bed villa at BLT 2 weeks ago still carpet except the kitchen etc like most villas. Same at Kidani. :)

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
That's what I said the bedrooms had carpet but living room/common area had laminate at Beach Club. BUT BLT and Kidani It's still carpet throughout besides kitchen/bathrooms and such. We only stay in 1 or 2 bed villas not Studios. We were in a 1 bed villa at BLT 2 weeks ago still carpet except the kitchen etc like most villas. Same at Kidani. :)
OK, it's possible those full refurbs haven't happened yet. I would expect them to switch over the next full refurb cycle. We much prefer the new laminate floors in the common area, but like you, prefer the carpet in the bedrooms.

sxeensweet

OK, it's possible those full refurbs haven't happened yet. I would expect them to switch over the next full refurb cycle. We much prefer the new laminate floors in the common area, but like you, prefer the carpet in the bedrooms.

BLT and Kidani finished theirs in 2016. Last I heard. That was the 7 year soft goods refurb being both opened in 2009. They changed the carpet but didn't change to laminate. I'm glad it's still carpet in the living area can't stand walking on laminate in a hotel unless it does bathrooms or kitchens. Lol ;)

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
BLT and Kidani finished theirs in 2016. Last I heard. That was the 7 year soft goods refurb being both opened in 2009. They changed the carpet but didn't change to laminate. I'm glad it's still carpet in the living area can't stand walking on laminate in a hotel unless it does bathrooms or kitchens. Lol ;)
I thought they only changed those out during the full refurbs, and not the soft good replacement.

sxeensweet

I thought they only changed those out during the full refurbs, and not the soft good replacement.
The carpet looked new. That was what I was told and saw on some DVC website but you know how those other sites can be wrong. Lol When are full refurbs scheduled I forgot? I know soft is at 7 when is full? Those 2 are only 7 years old well 8 this year, so sure it will be a while for the full. ;)

Last edited:

DisneyPrincess5

I HATE carpeting in home (allergies, too much upkeep, replacement costs, etc) but I do love them while away. They make the room feel cozy, and it alborbs sound. The Yacht room rehab looks eh, and I'm not a fan of the floors. I would've loved to see the nautical theme emphasized more. Hmm oh well. To each his or her own.

aladdin2007

I HATE carpeting in home (allergies, too much upkeep, replacement costs, etc) but I do love them while away. They make the room feel cozy, and it alborbs sound. The Yacht room rehab looks eh, and I'm not a fan of the floors. I would've loved to see the nautical theme emphasized more. Hmm oh well. To each his or her own.

agree, the rooms at disney are quickly becoming generic, sterile, and blah. The theming at these resorts or some of them anyway are becoming less and less, look at the hideous food court at port orleans..

DisneyPrincess5

That's a good way to put it-sterile. I am wondering if there's purpose behind thsee changes. Like it's easier to clean the room this way or less to replace and repair over time.

Admittedly, I may be a bit biased in my opinion because I just stayed in a coastal New England inn over the weekend which was super cozy and decorated to perfection. Then I looked at this "Yacht" Club room and was disappointed.

ToTBellHop

That's a good way to put it-sterile. I am wondering if there's purpose behind thsee changes. Like it's easier to clean the room this way or less to replace and repair over time.

Admittedly, I may be a bit biased in my opinion because I just stayed in a coastal New England inn over the weekend which was super cozy and decorated to perfection. Then I looked at this "Yacht" Club room and was disappointed.
They feel this look is more appropriate for the price. To them, the new look is "premium."

In some cases I agree, like the removal of those disgusting comforters and the fresher look of the bathrooms (those Mermaid bathrooms at AoA are such a headache). But I think they've swung too far away from theming.

Dr.GrantSeeker

I'm currently in a new refurbished YC room. There is no carpet at all, the entire floor is covered in LVT. It's nice but definitely makes it feel less homey. Not sure if anyone has posted pics before me. But here ya go!
GPTempDownload.jpg
GPTempDownload.jpg
GPTempDownload.jpg
GPTempDownload.jpg
GPTempDownload.jpg
GPTempDownload.jpg
GPTempDownload.jpg
GPTempDownload.jpg
GPTempDownload.jpg
GPTempDownload.jpg

aladdin2007

thank you for the detailed photos, the new rooms don't impress me one bit, whats worse is the fluorescent lighting?
horrible. and the bathroom has no theming whatsoever, what is Disney doing!!

Worldlover71

The room is very pleasant but it could be in any number of hotels. If these pictures had been posted without mentioning where they were, I would have had a hard time guessing. If I were staying somewhere else, I would like the room but at Disney, I want something more fun.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom