Linking Credit Card to Magic Band

donsullivan

Premium Member
Ok so I live in Florida so no need in me staying at a Disney hotel, can I still link my credit card to my magic band so I can make purchases that way or no?? Thank you to everyone in advance,,

You cannot use a MagicBand for purchases at WDW unless you are currently a resort guests with an active 'room charge' account set up. When you add a credit card to your MDE account, the only thing it's used for is to guarantee dining reservations to charge the no-show charge if you do not show up..

jaklgreen

Ok so I live in Florida so no need in me staying at a Disney hotel, can I still link my credit card to my magic band so I can make purchases that way or no?? Thank you to everyone in advance,,

The credit card is not linked to the actual magic band but to the guest's account when they are staying on property. No information is actually on the magic band. They are no different then the card that they used to give you that worked at your room key and tickets, etc, it is just in the shape of a bracelet now.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Has anyone experienced their magic band not working as planned? Did you bring a backup to pay for items in the event the magic band system was down?

21stamps

A little side question...are you able to monitor your spending on a daily basis? Something like how I can check the balance of my debit card through the mobile banking app and see transactions. Just wondering because I was planning on linking my debit card but need to monitor my spending to an extent.
You could just download your bank's app and get alerts of all charges made.

21stamps

Has anyone experienced their magic band not working as planned? Did you bring a backup to pay for items in the event the magic band system was down?
Yes. I had to go back to my room and get cash. Luckily it happened at the resort we were staying at. I don't know what happened to the people in shops, but I spoke with someone who said their dinner was just manually notated to be added to the room charge later.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom