Main Street Emporium columns refurbishment

COProgressFan

Love how people complain about length of refurbs but will the first to complain when things are looking up to Disney Standards. Take as long as it takes to do the job correctly.

I think its a bit more complicated than that, though.

Everyone wants to see things in pristine condition, and we understand that refurbs are necessary. Over the past five years or so every single building on MSUSA was completely rehabbed. Which is great.

The concern is whether these refurbs are scheduled and planned to occur in a way that minimizes interruption to onstage areas or minimizes cost to Disney? There is a balance involved, (time/cost/quality - remember, you can only pick 2!) and often times it seems like these projects drag on and on. They don't seem particularly motivated to get the jobs done quickly (even if it costs a bit more in labor) and move on.

EricsBiscuit

Update from today:

Also a new steam powered water pump on the Liberty Belle. It's not fully installed as you can tell by the red thing. This is a great sign for a new boiler next year hopefully.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    110.3 KB · Views: 172
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    262.9 KB · Views: 145
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    74.3 KB · Views: 139
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    161.5 KB · Views: 145
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    101.7 KB · Views: 148
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    83.9 KB · Views: 153
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    121 KB · Views: 148
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    94.3 KB · Views: 144

SteamboatJoe

Sorry if it impacted your day, but it's nice to see it raining in central FL.

I can't complain too much. It was the final park day of the trip and the weather had been more or less beautiful the entire week up to that point. The wife and I had already spent the equivalent of two days in Magic Kingdom and done all of our must haves by that point. The only real disappointment was the canceling of the FoF parade. We were hoping to see it one last time before we left. We were still able to watch HEA for the second time so that made up for it.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
This is clearly wrong. But I understand you are so committed to this meme you can't process reality.

You had 9/11 which virtually stopped tourism for months. TDO cut way back because there was no other choice. But when tourism recovered TDO found they could keep cutting and they did and thats when CHEAP began to infect Disney's DNA

MississippiBelle

Wow, the level of scrims escalated quickly. It's like they went from "paint the scrim to pretend like it's not there" to "screw it, there's a scrim here, haters gonna hate"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom