Trip Report Caribbean Beach Spring Break Trip - Lounging Around

Hey y'all! I have all my pictures uploaded to Flickr, so I guess I'm ready to go with this report. I didn't take notes, so just be prepared for a lot of "I think we did ____ next....wait no, I'm 16% sure we did ____....or wait. I don't know"

You ready?

WHO: Me (alone for the first day) & my husband, R.
WHY: We have APs and I had to be in Tampa for work so DUH
WHERE: Caribbean Beach
WHEN: April 9, 12-16

sheriffwoody

Original Poster
I'd pick Boma over Tiffens. I know most that have had it and posted about it here love Tiffens but I didn't find the food to be anything special though I may have ordered the wrong things.
I thought Rivers of Light was alright, it didn't disappoint me or impress me but I'm glad I experienced itI certainlly wouldn't wait in the long lines that I saw people waiting in for the show but after Pandora opens and those lines disappear (maybe) I'd sit and watch the show again.
Thanks for the trip report and all the great photos. I look forward to your Aug trip details and report!

Thanks for following along! I think I'd watch RoL again too if I just happened to be there. It is a very pretty show, just not super entertaining to me. I guess we'll see how I feel about Tiffens in a few months! Going there in August.

Victoria Falls! M and I tried that beer last year and liked it.

Beautiful shots of RoL! I'm preparing myself in case I don't like it, but I'm still excited to see it.
Oh thank you!! It was a nice little place to wait and relax. You may end up liking RoL, who knows?! I have heard plenty of people say they loved it, so apparently it's just one of those things that's divisive.

Finally all caught up! A fun read @sheriffwoody and gorgeous pictures as always. The ROL photos were particularly stunning. Sorry you guys didn't enjoy the show more.

I can clear up the new castle welcome show/EMH confusion @blgauger. The castle show begins 5 minutes before regular park opening hours. So if you attend 8 am EMH you need to make your way to the front of the castle before 9 am if you want to watch it.

And @sheriffwoody, good thing you did not get up to be at the MK at 7 am. On EMH mornings the turnstiles open just before 8 am. All guests are allowed through at 8 but only resort guests are allowed to enter Fantasyland and Tomorrowland ~ everyone else must stay on Main Street or in the hub like on a non-EMH morning. The turnstiles do not open an hour in advance of EMH. I spoke to a couple different CMs and both gave me the same answer.

Thanks for reading! Thanks for the info about the welcome show. The EMH were 7am-8am every day we were there, but if I'd known I could get there at 8 for the show, I may have done it. Oh well. Next time we'll be at WL so I'll make sure and catch it then. It's easier to do stuff like that when you're not so far away from the park :)

Great trip report!! The pictures of the ROL were amazing!! Thank you!!

Thanks for reading!!

Between this quote and his fondness for Boulevard beer, I think R and I would get along swimmingly. ..

And I'd pick Jiko over both.

Yeah, you guys would probably get along. And we do love Jiko! We went there on our honeymoon. Good memories! We are so intent on trying new places that we don't do repeats very often, but we do need to go to Jiko again one of these days.

Great report. Enjoyed reading it.

Where did you get the HM shirt, and do they have a men's version? I bought HM socks a few months ago, but that shirt is really cool.

Glad you enjoyed it! Thanks for reading. The shirt was from Teepublic.com, so you could definitely get a men's version: https://www.teepublic.com/t-shirt/732337-999

I was going to recommend the tri-blend, but it looks like that one doesn't come in the purple, which I feel like is kind of necessary for this design. But the classic is cheaper, so that's good! haha

blreinsel

Finally all caught up! A fun read @sheriffwoody and gorgeous pictures as always. The ROL photos were particularly stunning. Sorry you guys didn't enjoy the show more.

I can clear up the new castle welcome show/EMH confusion @blgauger. The castle show begins 5 minutes before regular park opening hours. So if you attend 8 am EMH you need to make your way to the front of the castle before 9 am if you want to watch it.

And @sheriffwoody, good thing you did not get up to be at the MK at 7 am. On EMH mornings the turnstiles open just before 8 am. All guests are allowed through at 8 but only resort guests are allowed to enter Fantasyland and Tomorrowland ~ everyone else must stay on Main Street or in the hub like on a non-EMH morning. The turnstiles do not open an hour in advance of EMH. I spoke to a couple different CMs and both gave me the same answer.

Thanks for clearing that up @Tuvalu! I knew I could count on you! :)

sheriffwoody

Original Poster
Hey, friends!

Sitting here watching Blank Check (remember that one? It's so bad) and thought I would go ahead and add some details for my August trip.

R has a work meeting in St. Pete Aug 13-16, so we're heading down a bit early to take advantage of our annual passes. We've been wanting to stay at Wilderness Lodge, and we finally are! I originally couldn't get the 9th-13th all at WL, so I did it through the 12th. But there was Club Level availability on the night of the 12th, so I booked that. Eventually WL opened up for me to book all the days I needed, so I cancelled the club level night. Oh well! A girl can dream. It was so much money anyway, so it's good.

We should arrive at 3:45pm Wednesday, and hopefully get to WDW by 5:30 or 6. I'm going to make at least one FP for that night, then we have our first dinner reservation at 9:10pm for Ohana!

Thursday - Lunch at Be Our Guest; Dinner at Chefs de France
Friday - Lunch at Be Our Guest (I'll cancel one of the two); Dinner at Hoop-Dee-Doo (FINALLY!!!)
Saturday - Dinner at Tiffins

Who knows how many times this will all change. A lot will depend on my FPs, which I can make in 25 days.

kaitertot5249

You both get to travel to Florida for work!? I'm jealous!

I can't wait to see more beautiful WDW pictures to keep me going while I have no Disney trips of my own to look forward to. Also, WL is pretty close to the top of my "To-Stay" list. Sounds like the makings of a great trip!

MinnieM123

Premium Member

And @sheriffwoody, good thing you did not get up to be at the MK at 7 am. On EMH mornings the turnstiles open just before 8 am. All guests are allowed through at 8 but only resort guests are allowed to enter Fantasyland and Tomorrowland ~ everyone else must stay on Main Street or in the hub like on a non-EMH morning. The turnstiles do not open an hour in advance of EMH. I spoke to a couple different CMs and both gave me the same answer

Tuvalu, I really think WDW needs to put you on the payroll for consulting services rendered, to all of us here! :joyfull:

mlegerto

Great trip report! As it's been said before, your photos are stunning! I'm still learning over here, but #photogoals LOL

We should arrive at 3:45pm Wednesday, and hopefully get to WDW by 5:30 or 6. I'm going to make at least one FP for that night, then we have our first dinner reservation at 9:10pm for Ohana!

Wooooo! Isn't it so nice that you can go from one TR to the next PTR because your next visit is already planned! We always do Ohana's on our first night, sort of a tradition of ours. Can't wait to hear more about your August trip.

fractal

Loved your report and of course the terrific photos!

Your last shots of nigh time in AK has really got me pumped to experience that again. We did so in 2007 when they had EMH at AK and it was awesome. This time they'll be even more to see.

Thanks again for your time and effort in putting this together.

LisaBelle

I have been super behind on my TRs and finally got a chance to catch up. Great TR as always. I LOVED your flower ears. Super cute. The egg hunt looks like a lot of fun. I am not as tenacious as I should be with that type of thing so I probably would have used the clues, too. I love your Woody egg prize. Sooo adorable. I love that you and R tried so many foods. I think my husband and I would really enjoy wandering around looking at the flowers and sampling lots of new foods. Definitely on my Disney bucket list. Happy that you will be going back in August. WL is my favorite resort! We love it there. Be sure to try the Magic Cookie Bars at Roaring Fork or wherever they are doing quick service food if they are still under construction. I think @Doc Disney said it was at the Territory Lounge? I am looking forward to your TR. We don't have a trip planned right now so I am counting on everyone's TRs to get me through until I do! Thanks for sharing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom