Rock (Dwayne Johnson) and WDI Partner on Jungle Cruise Updates

Seabasealpha1

Remember when they thought they'd add that Eddie Murphy AA to the Haunted Mansion? And how badly that movie (and idea) turned out to be?

Yeah. This is a lot like that.

Phroobar

Remember when they thought they'd add that Eddie Murphy AA to the Haunted Mansion? And how badly that movie (and idea) turned out to be?

Was Disney really going to put a Eddie Murphy AA in the Haunted Mansion or is that just a fan made rumor? Is there any documentation from Disney on it?

mickEblu

I know all the songs by heart. I feel like I've seen the show at least one hundred times starting with the Tropical Serenade at the Magic Kingdom back in 1975. Back then, when we were kids, we used to call the show Walt Disney's Enchanted Stinky Room and we'd replace the word 'tiki' with 'stinky' when singing the theme song lol.

So I saw the Enchanted Tiki room show recently for the first time in a few years and I have to say I think the show is still quite charming. I think all of the songs work except the one that the white girlie birdies sing. It's long and it kind of drags. I think if they cut out that song and replaced it with something else the show would be better for it. Some of the banter between the four hosts is a little annoying but it's cool in the sense that it takes you back to a bygone era.

Curious Constance

So I saw the Enchanted Tiki room show recently for the first time in a few years and I have to say I think the show is still quite charming. I think all of the songs work except the one that the white girlie birdies sing. It's long and it kind of drags. I think if they cut out that song and replaced it with something else the show would be better for it. Some of the banter between the four hosts is a little annoying but it's cool in the sense that it takes you back to a bygone era.
It gets you out of the sun and away from people for about 20 minutes, so it's okay in my book.

D

Deleted member 107043

The Tiki Room is like a classic old Hollywood movie: still somewhat entertaining, a little bit charming, kind of fun in a campy way, yet corny all at the same time. I wouldn't miss the current set up one bit if they took it out.

Actually, what I wish they would do is covert it into the tiki restaurant as the space was originally planned.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Original Poster
The Tiki Room is like a classic old Hollywood movie: still somewhat entertaining, a little bit charming, kind of fun in a campy way, yet corny all at the same time. I wouldn't miss the current set up one bit if they took it out.

Actually, what I wish they would do is covert it into the tiki restaurant as the space was originally planned.

I don't know how much space is behind it, not much I'm betting. It would be cool, but I think its too small to be a restaurant at this point. Imagine it, the line would be out the door with 2-4 hour wait times. Unless of course they combine it with Aladdin and make it one big restaurant...

Tony the Tigger

From Mouseplanet:

"
We shared last week that actor Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson posted via Instagram that he will "partner with Disney's brilliant Imagineers to help re-engineer and re-design the #JungleCruise ride in all the Disney theme parks around the world." The actor has been cast in a live-action movie based on the ride, but his post implied that his involvement would go way beyond the silver screen.

It seems that Johnson perhaps overstated his role with Disney. While confirming the visit to Walt Disney Imagineering, a spokesperson told the Orlando Sentinel that Disney has no plans at this time to change the rides."

LOLOLOLOLOL

Of course not - they have to see if the movie is a hit first! (Tomorrowland/Haunted Mansion)

mickEblu

A restaurant keeping the flavor of the show would be a great way to keep it relevant and also be a nice nod to the past. They could play one of the songs every 15 minutes (AAs included) and still use all of the war chant / rain effects randomly. Throw in some decent Polynesian theme park food and (gasp) some non virgin Mai tais and it could be great. I don't even think the room would need much reworking.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 107043

I don't know how much space is behind it, not much I'm betting. It would be cool, but I think its too small to be a restaurant at this point. Imagine it, the line would be out the door with 2-4 hour wait times. Unless of course they combine it with Aladdin and make it one big restaurant...

You're probably right, especially with today's crowds. They could add some room by annexing the old Tahitian Terrace real estate next door though or maybe add a second floor.

D

Deleted member 107043

A restaurant keeping the flavor of the show would be a great way to keep it relevant and also be a nice nod to the past. They could play one of the songs every 15 minutes (AAs included) and still use all of the war chant / rain effects randomly. Throw in some decent Polynesian theme park and (gasp) some non virgin Mai tais and it could be great. I don't even think the room would need much reworking.

It could be fun, right? At least then I'd have a good reason to be in there besides getting out of the sun or to take a nap.:D

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Original Poster
You're probably right, especially with today's crowds. They could add some room by annexing the old Tahitian Terrace real estate next door though or maybe add a second floor.

They would likely have to tear the whole thing down if they wanted to add a second floor. But who knows, I'd be all for a restaurant with a show. However I think its more likely in the rumored FL expansion with a BoG type restaurant.

George Lucas on a Bench

One of the many things I appreciate about classic Haunted Mansion is that it's relatively intact. Sure, they added a poor projection of Renée Zellweger to the attic and made some other minor stupid alterations. That being said, while it is changed to a completely unrelated movie for a brutal 5 months that always test my sanity, the classic Mansion is, as I said, relatively intact. It's not like when you ride Pirates and all that movie crap in the ride just pulls you out of the experience because you know deep down that it's wrong.

If they add The Rock to the Jungle Cruise, I vow to destroy the animatronic and be imprisoned.

SuddenStorm

I know it's just speculation- but I really doubt Disney would add a Dwayne animatronic. The movie would have to be a smash hit, and the character equally popular.

What's more likely is they take the opportunity to refresh the ride- update the effects, add in a few new jokes, and add some references to the film.

yookeroo

The easiest improvement one can make,to the Tiki Room that will greatly improve it would be to replace "Let's All Sing Like the Birdies Sing". Maybe with something that has appeal to someone older than 3.

mickEblu

The easiest improvement one can make,to the Tiki Room that will greatly improve it would be to replace "Let's All Sing Like the Birdies Sing". Maybe with something that has appeal to someone older than 3.

I agree, that's the one the white girl birds sing right? I think even if they just cut that segment with no replacement it would be an improvement. It also feels long and drags.

Rich T

I love the show just the way it is (and I am sooooooooooooooooo much older than 3), BUT (and having never seen the New Management show or the Stitch version in Tokyo) I think it would make sense to replace "Birdies" with something like the Ohana song that opened the Lilo and Stitch TV series. It's catchy, upbeat, not overplayed and could still use the Bird-Mobile. Or maybe a cute re-write of "You're Welcome" from Moana.

D.Silentu

They've already made cuts to the show, but you may be onto something. With all the variety Disney seems to be striving for in attractions it may behoove the Tiki Room to have several interchangeable numbers programmed in. The show could open with the theme song, have an interchangeable number in the middle, and naturally climax with the war chant.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom