New Addition's To Disney's Animal Kingdom

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
according to @WDW1974 and @marni1971 future additions are coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom
@marni1971- new attractions could be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom as both new construction and/or as a replacement for Dinorama.
@WDW1974-
you're more likely to see another rolley coaster added to DAK ... oops, did I say that in my outside the head voice?:D:greedy:;):cool:
Don't quote me regarding a coaster. I have no info regarding that specific. Just that the Dinoland area is one of two areas being looked at for possible future development.

Until then this thread would be better served in general discussion until - if and when - more specifics are forthcoming. Until then I wouldn't class it as rumour per se, let alone news.

Not trying to get anyone's hopes up.

davis_unoxx

I hope this is true! Dinorama is so cheesy! If you have ridden the Indiana Jones Ride, you know how cheesy Dinosaur is. That preshow needs to go, and the narration on ride is very annoying.

doctornick

I'd be curious is any new additions (if the were any) would be added to existing lands (e.g. expanding Asia or Africa, etc.) versus a new land being built -- like along the long pathway between Africa and Pandora or the large undeveloped land north of Asia.

Of course, it's entirely possible any new stuff would only be a replacement, like for Dinorama or even maybe Rafiki's.

Bacon

Original Poster
Don't quote me regarding a coaster. I have no info regarding that specific. Just that the Dinoland area is one of two areas being looked at for possible future development.

Until then this thread would be better served in general discussion until - if and when - more specifics are forthcoming.
I'm not quoting you about the coaster that's @WDW1974

Bacon

Original Poster

Until then this thread would be better served in general discussion until - if and when - more specifics are forthcoming. Until then I wouldn't class it as rumour per se, let alone news.

Not trying to get anyone's hopes up.
I's one of the possible options a zootopia themed land/area?

doctornick

I'd be down for Excavator finally being built in place of Dinorama

I'd be fine with that too, but only if there simultaneously (or preferably, early) opened up additional family friendly rides within the park. Even with Pandora, the park will only have 8-9 rides (depending on if you count the train) and Dinorama features one of the only ones with no height restriction.

Bacon

Original Poster
I'm gonna guess it is Zootopia?
bob Chapek:
tenor.gif

Bob Iger:
zQrjp8z.gif

Animal Kingdom supervisors:
tenor.gif

Dinoland Managers:
tumblr_o4ag4pIEW51v9enl8o1_250.gif

Dinoland CM's
tenor.gif

Those guests that never allow change:
200_s.gif

Everyone else:
4a9539314fcf9a72fc74680f79b35492.gif

jt04

There are no further details yet, but my thinking has it as if any IPs are involved, then odds of Zootopia being added to AK are not out of the question.

Actually I would be shocked. It is completely out of step with the park. Perfect for Imagination in Epcot.

doctornick

If they wanted to add IPs, a Jungle Book ride in Asia would make sense; there's always the possibility of additional Lion King content in Africa (or using Tarzan); and then there's a multitude of options from over the years like Bambi, 101 Dalmatians, Lady and the Tramp, Pocohontas, etc. that could be used.

That said, I would agree that Zootopia would likely be a leading candidate, though it's a terrible fit for the park.

jt04

If they wanted to add IPs, a Jungle Book ride in Asia would make sense; there's always the possibility of additional Lion King content in Africa (or using Tarzan); and then there's a multitude of options from over the years like Bambi, 101 Dalmatians, Lady and the Tramp, Pocohontas, etc. that could be used.

That said, I would agree that Zootopia would likely be a leading candidate, though it's a terrible fit for the park.

They are already struggling to create identities for DHS and Epcot. I can't believe they would compound the problem by miscasting Zootopia at DAK. Crazy talk.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom