A Terror-rific Spirited 13th (ToT fans have lots to fear)...

mickEblu

Meant to address this point weeks ago. There won't be any new reBRANDing of DCA, even after Marvel Land or whatever they call it is built. They put billions into reimagining DCA and it isn't happening again. Two parks at WDW will get new names and one a new identity really, but DCA is going to be DCA.

And Marvel doesn't fit. But none of the Bobs really care at all.

I just hope that they don't make Marvel Land look like NY. Can they not make Marvel Land work in a Hollywood or San Francisco setting? They have kind of put themselves in a box with this eclectic Alien refinery. I just don't see how it can it be a part of any cohesive Marvel Land. Unless, of course the whole thing is going to look like the tower (That's a frightening thought). Anyway, as much as I blame Chapek for the overlay, I blame the imagineers for not coming up with something better. They could have created something that blends better with the rest of the park. This didn't have to be such an eyesore.

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

I just hope that they don't make Marvel Land look like NY. Can they not make Marvel Land work in a Hollywood or San Francisco setting? They have kind of put themselves in a box with this eclectic Alien refinery. I just don't see how it can it be a part of any cohesive Marvel Land. Unless, of course the whole thing is going to look like the tower (That's a frightening thought). Anyway, as much as I blame Chapek for the overlay, I blame the imagineers for not coming up with a better overlay. They could have created something that blends better with the rest of the park. This didn't have to be such an eyesore.
The story of the tower is that it is located in the park itself. Any cohesive storyline could easily maintain the [fake] amusement park angle for the other experiences.

Absimilliard

That's a ridiculous premise.

That's the equivalent of someone never having genuine wagyu beef believing a Whopper is the best beef that exists.

It's the fanboi equivalent of only visiting WDW and thinking PotC is such a good attraction when it is so much worse than versions in Anaheim, Tokyo, Paris and, now, Shanghai.

Good job tossing in a reference about real Wagyu beef in this discussion! The saddest part is I'd wager 98-99% of the WDW visitors never had real japanese beef, and some believe they had it with the fake stuff passed off as "Kobe". I have to say the Kobe association of producers have gotten much better at passing their message along. Here is the list of current restaurants serving it: http://www.kobe-niku.jp/shop/?lang=1

Even Disney World is guilty of exploiting the Kobe name. For a short time, they did serve for a huge supplement the real deal at the Victoria & Albert, but now they went to "Australian Kobe-Style Beef Tenderloin" at the same restaurant. For a slight supplement of 110$, you can have a portion of Miyazaki beef from Japan instead. I found the company Disney use to import it from Japan, but I'd be curious to taste it to compare it with Kobe or Matsusaka Beef, my gold standard for beef currently. On a future trip to Japan?

thehowiet

Wilson King of Prussia
Meant to address this point weeks ago. There won't be any new reBRANDing of DCA, even after Marvel Land or whatever they call it is built. They put billions into reimagining DCA and it isn't happening again. Two parks at WDW will get new names and one a new identity really, but DCA is going to be DCA.

And Marvel doesn't fit. But none of the Bobs really care at all.
Wait, TWO parks will get new names? I haven't spent too much time here as of recent so I guess I missed more than I thought. Obviously DHS will get a new name, but I didn't know Epcot was getting a new name as well. Will it simply be a return to EPCOT Center, or a more drastic (albeit more accurate) change to something like Disney's Drinkin N Eatin Kingdom?

Brer Oswald

Wait, TWO parks will get new names? I haven't spent too much time here as of recent so I guess I missed more than I thought. Obviously DHS will get a new name, but I didn't know Epcot was getting a new name as well. Will it simply be a return to EPCOT Center, or a more drastic (albeit more accurate) change to something like Disney's Drinkin N Eatin Kingdom?
If Epcot isn't the title, I'll be seriously upset. I know it isn't what it stands for, but the name is iconic.

tirian

When in doubt, look at the mainstream merchandise, not the lines specifically made for fans. There's a reason the classic WDW logo is now on everything, and a reason that Epcot merch is sporting a new take on its original name. Hollywood Studios will be renamed by 2021.

2351metalcloud

How bothered would you guys be if they changed the WDW tower to a Dr. Strange attraction since it seems like he can possibly appear in Hollywood Studios?

What if ...
1. it was kept to be spooky/scarey somehow?
2. it wasn't kept to be spooky/scarey, but there was supernatural and/or magical stuff as a part of it?
3. it was changed from being a hotel?
4. the exterior kept pretty much the same while remaining a hotel except the name changed ?
5. the exterior was changed greatly, possibly to be one of the three 'Sanctum Sanctorums' from the movie or some other building that isn't a hotel?

FigmentForver96

How bothered would you guys be if they changed the WDW tower to a Dr. Strange attraction since it seems like he can possibly appear in Hollywood Studios?

What if ...
1. it was kept to be spooky/scarey somehow?
2. it wasn't kept to be spooky/scarey, but there was supernatural and/or magical stuff as a part of it?
3. it was changed from being a hotel?
4. the exterior kept pretty much the same while remaining a hotel except the name changed ?
5. the exterior was changed greatly, possibly to be one of the three 'Sanctum Sanctorums' from the movie or some other building that isn't a hotel?
So at what point does that explain it being in Hollywood?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom