Happily Ever After To Go Dark In August

VJ

[/SARC]
Just imagine the size of the BONUS for successfully killing off Fireworks at the MK. During the maintenance something heavy falls on the projection system 'forcing indefinite closure'....
[/SARCOFF]

Hopefully this is just an all too common schedule glitch but knowing TPTB ...
Yes, they're totally killing off fireworks after spending tons of money to develop the show in the first place. Totally.

Totally.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Yes, they're totally killing off fireworks after spending tons of money to develop the show in the first place. Totally.

Totally.

I'm guessing you missed the 'Sarcasm' tags

But the last line is to cover for corporate stupidity, Example local national chain of convenience stores repaints parking lot lines, Then another group in same company decides to repave the freshly painted parking lot... Corporate lack of communications at it's finest.

ToTBellHop

I don't think they'd do away with fireworks completely but it is a valid concern that they are scaling them back. We'll see when the show debuts. I'm still very much looking forward to the new show. I feel like they're putting a lot of effort into it.
They are putting in effort, but this is a rush job. They announced it a few months out (though they have been working on it longer of course). Remember how far out Festival of Fantasy was announced?

jrhwdw

They are putting in effort, but this is a rush job. They announced it a few months out (though they have been working on it longer of course). Remember how far out Festival of Fantasy was announced?
I remember! On a Friday, at the end of April 2013! Right before our 2013 trip I was so not ready for FOF then as I still loved CADCT! (Saw it 3 times during that trip!)

If I rememer correctly, Frozen Summer 2014 was announced closer to the event than HEA was, And those Frozen Fireworks were Awesome at DHS!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
WDW has a long history of not adding night time shows to their calendar even just a few months ahead of time. Remember all the times there was panic that Wishes wasn't happening because it wasn't on the schedule (yet)?

doctornick

So, was this question ever resolved? Is HAE (or FoF for that matter) going dark in late August? It would seem odd for that to occur so relatively soon after the debut but since the official calendar does list it in September, it certainly begs the question.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So, was this question ever resolved? Is HAE (or FoF for that matter) going dark in late August? It would seem odd for that to occur so relatively soon after the debut but since the official calendar does list it in September, it certainly begs the question.

It's on the schedule for the dessert party, so, being off the schedule on the regular schedule certainly seems to be a hitch.

If concerned, call Customer Service about it. Say you're planning a dessert party for one of those days and want to make sure there really will be HEA that night.

upload_2017-5-13_15-46-36.png

Biff215

It's on the schedule for the dessert party, so, being off the schedule on the regular schedule certainly seems to be a hitch.

If concerned, call Customer Service about it. Say you're planning a dessert party for one of those days and want to make sure there really will be HEA that night.

View attachment 204674
I've contacted them every which way...online chat, dining, guest services, etc. All just say to continue to check the calendar. I'm sure I'm not the only one asking, so they're aware it's not scheduled. The fact that they'll make dessert party reservations is reassuring, but nothing is stopping them from cancelling those.

Today it occurred to me that the dream light installation could be affecting this time period. While it never disrupted Wishes or the projection show to my knowledge, I'd argue that HEA is a completely different animal with all the castle pyro and effects. Could they be determining how to proceed with both?

Also doesn't seem it's a coincidence that MNSSHP starts in that timeframe. Hopefully they're simply filling in the gaps as they go, but the longer this goes on the more uneasy I'm getting. We're there for 10 days (picked the Poly for this) and there's not a single night of HEA scheduled. We're excited to do our first Halloween party, but HalloWishes would now feel like a letdown after the kids saw HEA last night.

It's still impossible to imagine the MK without daily fireworks for that period of time, so here's hoping all my worry is for nothing!

InsideDisney

I've contacted them every which way...online chat, dining, guest services, etc. All just say to continue to check the calendar. I'm sure I'm not the only one asking, so they're aware it's not scheduled. The fact that they'll make dessert party reservations is reassuring, but nothing is stopping them from cancelling those.

Today it occurred to me that the dream light installation could be affecting this time period. While it never disrupted Wishes or the projection show to my knowledge, I'd argue that HEA is a completely different animal with all the castle pyro and effects. Could they be determining how to proceed with both?

Also doesn't seem it's a coincidence that MNSSHP starts in that timeframe. Hopefully they're simply filling in the gaps as they go, but the longer this goes on the more uneasy I'm getting. We're there for 10 days (picked the Poly for this) and there's not a single night of HEA scheduled. We're excited to do our first Halloween party, but HalloWishes would now feel like a letdown after the kids saw HEA last night.

It's still impossible to imagine the MK without daily fireworks for that period of time, so here's hoping all my worry is for nothing!
Yes but Festival of fantasy is also not scheduled. And even half the events for june 4th are not even scheduled it is too far for them to add time onto the site.

IMFearless

Could it be related to Hallowishes? Does anyone know if they intend to replace Hallowishes and if so could the dark spell be to do with getting that ready? Usually all prep is done overnight though, just throwing ideas around.

Biff215

Could it be related to Hallowishes? Does anyone know if they intend to replace Hallowishes and if so could the dark spell be to do with getting that ready? Usually all prep is done overnight though, just throwing ideas around.
I had thought that too, but it was pointed out that HalloWishes and Holiday Wishes were listed in the announcement by Disney that tickets are now available. So it looks like those shows are staying, hoping for some improvements now that HEA is here, even if it's just projections.

Not sure how much they need to prep for HalloWishes, but I assume it wouldn't take nearly two weeks.

ToTBellHop

I had thought that too, but it was pointed out that HalloWishes and Holiday Wishes were listed in the announcement by Disney that tickets are now available. So it looks like those shows are staying, hoping for some improvements now that HEA is here, even if it's just projections.

Not sure how much they need to prep for HalloWishes, but I assume it wouldn't take nearly two weeks.
Not to mention Hallowishes starts 8/25.

SosoDude

But the last line is to cover for corporate stupidity, Example local national chain of convenience stores repaints parking lot lines, Then another group in same company decides to repave the freshly painted parking lot... Corporate lack of communications at it's finest.
A few years ago, a small city near me laid much needed new asphalt on a large portion of its streets. Three weeks after completion of this project, they started digging up huge portions of the fresh asphalt, replaced huge portions of drainage and water lines, then patched back over leaving the streets in worse shape than before. Corporations and governments can do stupid things.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom