25th Anniversary Trip Report

Animaniac93-98

Original Poster
Thanks for the great trip report!

I am thinking of booking a few nights at the Cheyenne next month, so I was just wondering if the refurbishments of the rooms seem more or less finished at this point? I stayed at the Hotel Santa Fe after it was refurbished and found the quality of the rooms very good, so I'd be happy for something similar at Cheyenne. Also stayed at the Sequoia last year and really liked it a lot, but would like to try somewhere different. The other realistic option in terms of cost is Hotel New York, but my impression is that it is on the verge of a refurbishment so probably one of the more worn down hotels right now.

Any advice or thoughts you (or anyone) can offer will be gratefully received! :)

When you book Cheyenne you should have the option of chosing a renovated room. I believe all rooms are expected to be done by the end of summer. I see no point in staying at New York until it's had a chance to improve its rooms. Sequoia would be a better value between the two.

I want to stay at Santa Fe next time because it's my goal to one day say I've stayed at all DLP hotels (3 down, 3/4 to go). :)

Sir_Cliff

When you book Cheyenne you should have the option of chosing a renovated room. I believe all rooms are expected to be done by the end of summer. I see no point in staying at New York until it's had a chance to improve its rooms. Sequoia would be a better value between the two.

I want to stay at Santa Fe next time because it's my goal to one day say I've stayed at all DLP hotels (3 down, 3/4 to go). :)
I liked Santa Fe! Cars isn't my favourite film, but I do like the actual city of Santa Fe and the rooms and architecture are really nice.

We ended up booking the Newport Bay Club after all that. The price difference from the Cheyenne wasn't too great and Newport was the same as Hotel New York. I'll let you know how it goes! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom