Resort Availability Near Pandora Opening?

Maddie Terwilliger

Original Poster
I just wanted to hear everyone's thoughts, my dad and I are planning to go to Animal Kingdom some time right after Pandora opens, I've heard a few hotels are selling out of rooms around that time so I was wondering:

Should we book our hotel way way early before we go? Do you guys think rooms will sell out by the time Pandora opens? There is a TON of buzz around opening day and I am a little concerned me and my dad won't be able to get a Walt Disney World Resort hotel....:confused:

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Best suggestion would be to check Disney's website:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/resorts/

Doing a search now... for a check-in of May 26th and a check-out of June 1st, the average cost per night would range from $399 per night (Wilderness Lodge Standard view) to $769 per night (Animal Kingdom Lodge Bedroom Villa in Kidani). So if you were planning on going to a Deluxe hotel anyways, not really an issue... if you wanted a Value, you're out of luck... though again, that's just looking on Disney property and just looking at opening day and the first few days after. If you are staying off site and/or are planning a later date, more options may be available.

EvilQueen-T

We're not going to be there for the grand opening but we check in on June 7th out on the 16th. We just booked our trip in April and was able to get WL. I just looked and even all star sports is still available over our dates for $125/night with the room only discount. It's not the grand opening dates but just a week later and AK has late hours a ton during those dates.

bethymouse

Any "last minute" reservations are difficult to make. Sadly, it's the most expensive rooms left almost every time. You must book early, or you're almost forced to stay off site.:( There are so many discounts and such available now. Many factors "play into" trying to get a good room at a Disney resort. I have noticed now though that attendance at the parks is up, and there are many more "special events" being scheduled! So... it's not really just the opening of "Pandora" that is causing the lack of availability of rooms.:(

Maddie Terwilliger

Original Poster
2-3 weeks is way way early?!? I book my Disney stay 6 months+ out. I would not wait to book. Even if there is still availability, it's not like they are going to give them away for nothing if you wait till the last minute.

Yes. But I live in Florida. Orlando is 2 hours from me so 2-3 weeks is kind of early since we live so close. Its not like we need to have this whole trip planned out months in advance. If hotels are sold out we still can just go another time. It is different for people who live farther away. They aren't as flexible.

jaklgreen

Yes. But I live in Florida. Orlando is 2 hours from me so 2-3 weeks is kind of early since we live so close. Its not like we need to have this whole trip planned out months in advance. If hotels are sold out we still can just go another time. It is different for people who live farther away. They aren't as flexible.

I understand what you are saying about last minute trips. But you were asking about a holiday weekend with a new land opening. That might need a bit more advanced planning.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom