So.. Is RDCT the summer fireworks show? Is ROA still gonna be closed? WoC?

The_Bellringer

Original Poster
My sister is graduating from UCSB in June (congrats sis!) and my family and I are all going to DL a few days after.

But I find it strange that no summer entertainment has been announced other then Guardians... is this normal? I thought RDCT was usually in the spring only.

180º

It looks like it for now.

I really wouldn't mind getting Magical back for the summer. It's definitely on a smaller scale, but I always thought it was a really sweet show.

GiveMeTheMusic

My sister is graduating from UCSB in June (congrats sis!) and my family and I are all going to DL a few days after.

But I find it strange that no summer entertainment has been announced other then Guardians... is this normal? I thought RDCT was usually in the spring only.

RDCT is on the books for the summer. WOC runs nightly. The June schedule is available at disneyland.com through June 20 at the moment, so you can check your days if they fall between now and then.

Before the 60th RDCT had become the spring/fall show with Magical taking the summer season. I don't know if RDCT is just on until further notice, but that does appear to be the case. Which is a shame, as Disneyland Forever and Magical are both superior in my opinion (controversial opinion!).

180º

Totally controversial. Magical is worse than everything except World of Color as far as big nighttime spectaculars go.
Hey, I like Magical too! And I think World of Color is the worst. Maybe I don't consider castle fireworks shows to be nighttime spectaculars in the same way the lagoon shows are. Magical is very traditional in that way, even if it isn't "spectacular."

vancee

I find RDCT to be boring to be honest, bring Disneyland Forever back, or maybe new fireworks (GOTG or Star Wars PLEASE!).

The_Bellringer

Original Poster
I find RDCT to be boring to be honest, bring Disneyland Forever back, or maybe new fireworks (GOTG or Star Wars PLEASE!).
I sorta agree. I love Remember, but Forever just made my jaw drop. A stunning show.

And don't knock Magical, people. I think it's a super cute show and tbh (controversial I know!) I would rather have Magical than Remember...:D

TP2000

This may surprise folks, but I have almost no idea what the differences are between all the fireworks shows. The differences I know of are; one is the Christmas show, one is the Halloween show, and one has Dumbo flying around with Tinkerbell. There's a couple other ones, right?

But really they are all just fireworks with nice music and projections on the Matterhorn/Castle. If there's not Christmas Carols or that giant inflatable Jack Skellington thing, it's hard for me to tell them apart. Fireworks! Tinkerbell! Dramatic Music! Stay To Your Right!

Californian Elitist

To be honest, in its pre-edited-down (basically 2005-2006) configuration, Remember blows both shows out of the sky.

Even as an edited show, Remember easily beats both Magical and Forever, in my opinion. In saying that, I do love both Magical and Forever, though it's weird that Disney movies and not actually DISNEYLAND are the main focus of DISNEYLAND Forever.

Travel Junkie

RDCT is the best IMO. DL Forever is a close 2nd.

We are spoiled when it comes to Nighttime Spectaculars especially Fireworks. With the exception of Paris, the international parks have pretty lackluster fireworks shows. I was really disappointed in Shanghai's show.

GiveMeTheMusic

RDCT is the best IMO. DL Forever is a close 2nd.

We are spoiled when it comes to Nighttime Spectaculars especially Fireworks. With the exception of Paris, the international parks have pretty lackluster fireworks shows. I was really disappointed in Shanghai's show.

Shanghai's show is TERRIBLE. And now Paris has it too! Hashtag blessed

Even as an edited show, Remember easily beats both Magical and Forever, in my opinion. In saying that, I do love both Magical and Forever, though it's weird that Disney movies and not actually DISNEYLAND are the main focus of DISNEYLAND Forever.

RDCT is the first show to use rides instead of movies as the theme. It's an anomaly.

TP2000

Have you seen Tokyo's? It's really bad, and almost pointless.

EDIT: Oh, I just noticed your avatar, so you've probably seen the Tokyo fireworks.

Travel Junkie

Have you seen Tokyo's? It's really bad, and almost pointless.

EDIT: Oh, I just noticed your avatar, so you've probably seen the Tokyo fireworks.

yeah they are the worst. I understand with the wind right there they get cancelled a lot, but why do them at all?

HK's are ok, but nothing special. The American parks definitely have the best fireworks.

GiveMeTheMusic

yeah they are the worst. I understand with the wind right there they get cancelled a lot, but why do them at all?

HK's are ok, but nothing special. The American parks definitely have the best fireworks.

Tokyo (like all the other international parks) is subject to strict air control laws so can only do a very short pyro show. They want to provide the quintessential view of fireworks over the castle because it's so strongly associated with Disney and TDL's purpose has been to give that classic American Disney experience to the Japanese.

So even though the show is short and sucks, they want the visual because it's famous. The real spectacle is OUAT, their projection show, anyway.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom