Trip Report *COMPLETED* Let me share this whole new world with you!

Welcome! I have just returned back from my Disneymoon and want to share my adventure with you all. Leading up to the trip, I was nervous about whether or not my DH would enjoy his first trip to WDW, so stay tuned to see how it turned out. I hope that you enjoy!

My pre-trip report gives a backstory on how we ended up on this adventure if you'd like to read:
My groom agreed on a Disneymoon, but will he love it?

Let's get started!

Who?
Me, Heather and DH, Josh
IMG_3593.JPG

What?
Our honeymoon!

When?
April 30th-May 7th

Where?
Animal Kingdom Lodge - Jambo House

IMG_3486.JPG

Next: Travel and Arrival Day

Last edited:

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
Travel and Arrival Day:

Josh had to work the night before we left so I booked our flight for the afternoon. I woke up to horrible weather making its way through pretty much the whole state and it wasn't long before I received a flight delayed text. :cry: My parents picked us up for the drive to New Orleans. We decided to leave early since we would be traveling in such bad weather and go have lunch before heading to the airport.

Our little boy rode along to drop us off. :inlove:

IMG_3464.JPG

We ate lunch a place in New Orleans called the Blue Crab. Seriously, NOLA has some of the best food in the world. YUM!

Spinach and crab dip
IMG_3465.JPG

A delicious grilled cheese :p
IMG_3466.JPG

Shrimp and grits with baked macaroni and cheese for DH
IMG_3467.JPG

Crab cakes with cheese grits for me
IMG_3468.JPG

It was storming so bad when we were here. The building is on big stilts because it's on the water and I swear I felt it swaying. Perhaps it was just my imagination. But soon enough it finally passed and we were able to head out, but not before checking out some of the yachts on the water first.

IMG_3469.JPG

Once we made it to the airport is was a MADHOUSE!! It was jazz fest weekend in New Orleans and with the weather, everyone had delayed flights. It was insane! We found a seat and I enjoyed a $12 Abita Amber (ridiculous).

IMG_3475.JPG

After a few hours we were on our way!

IMG_3476.JPG

My mom sent these pictures to me while we waited. Our little man waving goodbye to us. :inlove:

IMG_3472.JPG
IMG_3474.JPG

Last edited:

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
Due to the weather, our pilot announced that we'd be taking the long way around. It was close to 9 pm before we landed in Orlando.

IMG_3477.JPG

But we were still happy!
IMG_3478.JPG

IMG_3481.JPG

It was another hour before we arrived to AKL and we were STARVING! We dropped our bags in the room and headed down to the Mara.

Josh had a burger which he claimed to be really good. It looked good!
IMG_3484.JPG

I wanted to try something different so I ended up going with a corned beef sandwich with some kind of slaw on it.
IMG_3483.JPG

Let me tell you, that top bun was as hard as a brick. I couldn't even bite into it, so I ended up taking it off and eating the rest. It was ok, but I was wishing I had gotten the burger. This helped makeup for it though.
IMG_3482.JPG

Josh had the pina colada and I had the zebra domes. Both were delicious!!! I had been wanting to try the domes since they have such a following and they did not disappoint. So now with bellies full we made our way back to the lobby. We were absolutely blown away with how beautiful it was. I loved the smell. I can still smell it now. However, our room location was in the lobby area. At first, we didn't think anything of it b/c it was late and we were tired, but we found out quickly that it was VERY loud. More on that later, but by the end of the week, I was wishing we had asked to be moved but we made the best of it.

Next: Epcot

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
Your little boy is adorable! I'm looking forward to hearing more about your trip. :)
Your little guy is so cute. Him waving at the plane is heart wrenching. :happy:
Your son is too cute!!! Following!!!
YEA!! I've been waiting for your report!!
Following. :)
Following along. I'll echo the cuteness of your son!
Yay! So excited to follow along.
Looking forward to reading more, and congratulations!
Following along. Your son is adorable!
I started to read this, bounced back to your Pre-Trip report and I can't wait to read more! Congrats on the wedding...wishing you all the happiness in the world!!

Thank you all for following along!!!!

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
O.k. I agree with the rest of the people here -- your son is ADORABLE!!! :joyfull:

I like The Mara for QS--I think their food is definitely a cut above most QS locations. And--you can get Zebra Domes there, too. I notice you did! :)

I agree. I really liked the choices there and yes, I loved the zebra domes. They may or may not appear again in the trip report! ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom