Guardians of the Galaxy - Vol. 2

Princess Leia

Was Stalone advertised or known to be in this movie and I just missed it?
It seemed like 2 weeks before the movie some info came out about him being in it. I was expecting him to only show up in a post-credit scene, so it was genuinely shocking for me to see him about 20 minutes into the film.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Original Poster
Not a comic book reader the the Ravager's who show up at the end a reunite are all big names who are playing the original Guardian's. I'm guessing we will see them again in Vol. 3. I was confused watching the film as the actors who I definitely recognize popped up in basically cameos.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Not a comic book reader the the Ravager's who show up at the end a reunite are all big names who are playing the original Guardian's. I'm guessing we will see them again in Vol. 3. I was confused watching the film as the actors who I definitely recognize popped up in basically cameos.
I kind of wonder if we might see them in the Infinity War. Star Lord basically brings the airforce with him to the battle.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Can we talk about Kurt Russell? He was once the golden boy for Disney movies back in the late 60's and into the 70's. I remember seeing him "The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes (1969)" at a drive-in when I was a child. And as a big star, all the teen magazines would all report how he had a semi-professional baseball career.

So, it was a blast to see him in a Disney movie (though a Marvel studio movie, of all their superhero movies, the Guardians seem most impressed by the Disney brand). And when I saw this 66 year old man throw a ball with great form, I said to myself, "Aha, former baseball player!"

And let's mention that they did the de-ageifying CGI magic on him, like with Tony Stark and Leia. It looked great, and no one seems to be talking about it like they did in the other cases (one to say great job, the other to say bad job).

Last edited:

Princess Leia

Can we talk about Kurt Russell? He was once the golden boy for Disney movies back in the late 60's and into the 70's. I remember seeing him "The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes (1969)" at a drive-in when I was a child. And as a big star, all the teen magazines would all report how he had a semi-professional baseball career.

So, it was a blast to see him in a Disney movie (though a Marvel studio movie, off all their superhero movies, the Guardians seem most impressed by the Disney brand). And when I saw this 66 year old man throw a ball with great form, I said to myself, "Aha, former baseball player!"

And let's mention that they did the de-ageifying CGI magic on him, like with Tony Stark and Leia. It looked great, and no one seems to be talking about it like they did in the other cases (one to say great job, the other to say bad job).
http://www.cinemablend.com/news/165...ulled-off-that-kurt-russell-scene-without-cgi
Actually... they did it with mostly practical effects. Kurt Russell just looks flawless as a 66 year old :D

Kurt Russell was phenomenal in this movie. He looked like he was having the most fun out of the entire cast too.

Funny how you wrote "golden boy". There was one part in the movie, soon after he introduced himself to the Guardians, that I thought "Kurt Russell, Disney's golden boy, just said ***** in a Disney movie!!" (Censored the post since I doubt wdwmagic would allow it, but I think you know what I'm talking about).

Bairstow

Saw Guardians 2 over the weekend and thought it was pretty lame, especially compared to the first one. Where the first movie was fun and unpredictable, this one is content in just recycling all the gags from the first movie. With the brain-dead trope of having the characters decide that they're now a "family" because that's supposed to make us like them more and the way the last movie's villains all joining the heroes, this felt exactly like one those obligatory semiannual Fast and the Furious sequels.
I give it a C+, mostly because the CGI raccoon still looks good.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
http://www.cinemablend.com/news/165...ulled-off-that-kurt-russell-scene-without-cgi
Actually... they did it with mostly practical effects. Kurt Russell just looks flawless as a 66 year old :D

Kurt Russell was phenomenal in this movie. He looked like he was having the most fun out of the entire cast too.

Funny how you wrote "golden boy". There was one part in the movie, soon after he introduced himself to the Guardians, that I thought "Kurt Russell, Disney's golden boy, just said ***** in a Disney movie!!" (Censored the post since I doubt wdwmagic would allow it, but I think you know what I'm talking about).

Wow. Thanks for that link. I was sure it was all digital, not the 10% Kurt said it was! The Oscars for make-up goes to Kurt's guy!

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Original Poster

They really enjoyed talking about the male member and procreation. It seemed weird in a superhero movie somehow it made it seem shocking. I watch things with language much worse than that all the time and I'm not phased by it.

Princess Leia

They really enjoyed talking about the male member and procreation. It seemed weird in a superhero movie somehow it made it seem shocking. I watch things with language much worse than that all the time and I'm not phased by it.
They could have dropped f-bombs and I wouldn't be phased (okay I would have been a little weirded out since it's a Disney movie), but outright saying the real word for a male body part (and not using slang) almost felt shocking lol. Was this the first time it was said in a Disney movie? Because I feel like it was.

flynnibus

Premium Member
and I can't help but like the Thor trailer because they use Immigrant Song... (predictable.. but still love hearing Zep in a big theater)

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
They could have dropped f-bombs and I wouldn't be phased (okay I would have been a little weirded out since it's a Disney movie), but outright saying the real word for a male body part (and not using slang) almost felt shocking lol. Was this the first time it was said in a Disney movie? Because I feel like it was.

Hocus Pocus had a ton of jokes about a virgin (not) getting laid.

Matt_Black

The film left me feeling like Empire did... it wrapped up some ends.. but didn't feel like closure at all.

You better not be talking about The Empire Strikes Back. Or you're going to get... IT.

jericho-6-1.jpg

mf1972

saw it last night & enjoyed it, although i prefer part 1 more. thanks to that opening, my wife wants a baby groot plush. preferably one that doesn't say "freakin" :rolleyes:

2351metalcloud

For anyone who finds this kind of stuff interesting, I listed some general ways that Guardians of the Galaxy 2 has a variety of aspects to it that could allow stuff from the movie to be used for attractions/areas in Epcot's Future World (especially the Wonders of Life pavilion) in a post in another thread here: link

Also, two other things from the movie that could be used in attractions that I didn't mention were:

The gold skinned aliens' set of arcade game-like drone piloting machines.

And something that was actually cut from the movie which is the idea of the Marvel character Simon Williams existing as a movie actor in the Marvel movie universe.

http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2016/04/25/nathan-fillion-will-be-wonder-man-in-the-mcu

This could be used in some attraction at Disney World's Hollywood Studios particularly if a Marvel or Guardians of the Galaxy section was created at Hollywood Studios.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom