Need help Imagining 1st Day Possibilties

ask!

Hi my Magical Friends,

I am looking for some advice about how to plan our arrival day-- our last trip as a family was 10 years ago, when my kids were 17 and 16--now they are 27 and 26 and bringing their significant others.

Our 7 am flight arrives around 9:30am MCO, ME to Beach Club --- we have 4 pm ADR's at O'Hanas with extended family.

But what to do when we arrive?? where to eat??

Cape May Breakfast?? Hurricane Hanna's?? The Boardwalk Brewery??

Also what time do you think we might be able to get into the room ( 2BR Villas arriving on a Wednesday in July)??

Thank you--- for any tips. I am just having a little trouble imagining how this will unfold.

21stamps

I like hanging out at the resort when we aren't at a park. Given the fact that you have a big dinner, I vote for pool time/pool bar food..and drinks :)

Upvote 0

rob0519

Head over to Disney Springs for a light lunch, then go to Saratoga Springs Spa and get everyone a mani/pedi or a massage. Then to O'Hanas for your dinner, with a stop at the Tambu lounge if you are early. It is extremely doubtful that you will get into your room before your dinner ADR with enough time to do anything before you have to leave anyway, so why not relax.

Remember that you'll have to either pay for a taxi or take a bus to MK, and then the monorail to Poly no matter which resort you are at.

I could be mistaken, but the last time my wife got a mani/pedi at Saratoga Springs it was in the neighborhood of $140 before tip. If I'm right , that times 3 would be an expensive way to spend some time.

Upvote 0

correcaminos

I could be mistaken, but the last time my wife got a mani/pedi at Saratoga Springs it was in the neighborhood of $140 before tip. If I'm right , that times 3 would be an expensive way to spend some time.
I just looked up prices and you are likely right. I had no idea they were than much more than here as it's been a while since I used a spa there.

Upvote 0

rob0519

I just looked up prices and you are likely right. I had no idea they were than much more than here as it's been a while since I used a spa there.

I know. The bill for a cut and color for my wife at the GF a few years ago was way more then even Chicago. I have to admit she looked great so I almost didn't care about the price.

Upvote 0

correcaminos

I know. The bill for a cut and color for my wife at the GF a few years ago was way more then even Chicago. I have to admit she looked great so I almost didn't care about the price.
Awww... so sweet! I just saw the price for a cut and wow - nearly double and I don't go to a 'cheap place' Good thing I am going two weeks before we leave LOL. Still love that you treat your wife to things like that now and then. The GF spa is wonderful!

Upvote 0
It is always worth asking if the room is ready - we got into our 2 bed at BCV at 11.30am last year! Just don't expect it to be ready!

If you are staying in that location, I would recommend a couple of circuits of WS at Epcot! Maybe a fastpass or two? Always a good way to relax into the holiday! Plus, they will text you when the room is ready - and it is only a short stroll back to the hotel!

Upvote 0

Gurt

We always arrive late afternoon / dinner time we have a tradition now and always once checked in and unpacked head over to Epcot, ride SSE and have a gentle stroll into WS, we really take our 1st evening easy so we are nice and refreshed ready to spend the next 2 weeks having fun.

Upvote 0

KrzyKtty

We generally arrive early afternoon/evening. Normally we have a quiet evening at the resort and Disney Springs. This time we are heading over to MK around dinner time and splitting MK into 1.5 days. With two young children, we thought it would give us a more relaxing trip over all.

Upvote 0

ask!

Original Poster
Thanks all for your thoughts, tips and advice.

Today our fp window began and we made final plans--

we decided to cancel the 4 pm Ohana and booked 7:15 pm at Crystal Palace . ....so no pressure to get the room early--and that frees up the day.

Plane lands at MCO at 9:30--- figure we will be at BC by 10:30-11ish. We are going to head over to the Big River Grille and Brewing Works on the Boardwalk for lunch... and a beer (no ADR's required). Then, we are going to take the Friendship Boat for a" 3 hour tour" -- going by the Crescent Lake Resorts, to HS and to Epcot. I consider all non-bus transportation a 'ride" :)

If the room becomes available, we will go to the room, but if not, then off to France---for some ice cream at
L'Artisan des Glaces . Then stroll back to BC --- and by then, hoping the room will be available.

Unpack-- check out the room-- put away our Green Grocer order --chill--- and then get ready to go to Magic Kingdom for Dinner with Pooh, Happily Ever After and some fp rides-- Space Mountain, 7 Dwarfs Ride and Splash Mountain.

Sounds like a great beginning!

I want to add that I booked the Marceline to Magic tour -- has anyone done it?? I am a huge fan of Walt the Man and it sounds fabulous! I like that the tour starts at 8 am--- so it will be almost empty--- looking forward to an almost empty Main Street.

Again, thanks for the feedback.
60 days to go!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom