Need help Imagining 1st Day Possibilties

ask!

Hi my Magical Friends,

I am looking for some advice about how to plan our arrival day-- our last trip as a family was 10 years ago, when my kids were 17 and 16--now they are 27 and 26 and bringing their significant others.

Our 7 am flight arrives around 9:30am MCO, ME to Beach Club --- we have 4 pm ADR's at O'Hanas with extended family.

But what to do when we arrive?? where to eat??

Cape May Breakfast?? Hurricane Hanna's?? The Boardwalk Brewery??

Also what time do you think we might be able to get into the room ( 2BR Villas arriving on a Wednesday in July)??

Thank you--- for any tips. I am just having a little trouble imagining how this will unfold.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Head over to Disney Springs for a light lunch, then go to Saratoga Springs Spa and get everyone a mani/pedi or a massage. Then to O'Hanas for your dinner, with a stop at the Tambu lounge if you are early. It is extremely doubtful that you will get into your room before your dinner ADR with enough time to do anything before you have to leave anyway, so why not relax.

Remember that you'll have to either pay for a taxi or take a bus to MK, and then the monorail to Poly no matter which resort you are at.

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
Will you have tickets to use?

If yes, then either Les Halles to eat and stroll around some of WS until time to head to Poly.

What I would want to do w/o park tickets is lunch at Beaches and Cream and then swim.

Or simply head to Poly and look around, have something to eat and drink at one of the lounges/bars there.

Upvote 0

LadyBelle

In the Parks
No
Normally room reservations aren't done until 3:00 and you will get a text when it's ready if you've signed up for online check-in. And depending upon what order you are in the MDE drop-off, it make take over an hour to get to your resort.

I second the option to go to Disney Springs. Tons of nice new shops and restaurants (if you're looking for something to tide you over until O'Hana).

Upvote 0

correcaminos

Normally room reservations aren't done until 3:00 and you will get a text when it's ready if you've signed up for online check-in. And depending upon what order you are in the MDE drop-off, it make take over an hour to get to your resort.

I second the option to go to Disney Springs. Tons of nice new shops and restaurants (if you're looking for something to tide you over until O'Hana).
If it is DVC points it will be 4pm

We got our 1 bedroom at 1pm last month. Before that it has always been pretty early but we requested first abvailable. However there have been times when 4pm was it.

With DME I would not schedule breakfast but lunch to give 2 hours just in case to get there (including delays and such). I personally would play it by ear. There are so many things to see and do in the Y&BC and Boardwalk areas. Check out the pool or play some pool and relax

Upvote 0

jlsHouston

July mid week checking in at BC? I'd probably have my pool bag handy and hit either the quiet pool or Stormalong Bay until around 2pm. With a 4pm ADR at Ohana, I would just share a burger, or appetizers from Crews Cup once I let front desk know we were there. I try not to hit the deck running on day 1 because then I am already tired on day 2 LOL

Upvote 0

DisneyPrincess5

I'm no help here really because I'm a 30 year old old lady who loves to just relax and explore the resort and surrounding area (in your case, The Boardwalk/resorts around it) with no reservations or obligations on our arrival day no matter the time, but it sounds like you are looking for more and rightfully so as you're going with your kids for the first time in their adulthood! So awesome.
Hope you guys have a beautiful family trip together.

Upvote 0

ask!

Original Poster
Head over to Disney Springs for a light lunch, then go to Saratoga Springs Spa and get everyone a mani/pedi or a massage. Then to O'Hanas for your dinner, with a stop at the Tambu lounge if you are early. It is extremely doubtful that you will get into your room before your dinner ADR with enough time to do anything before you have to leave anyway, so why not relax.

Remember that you'll have to either pay for a taxi or take a bus to MK, and then the monorail to Poly no matter which resort you are at.
oh good reminder about drinks at Tambu lounge Thanks for your suggestions--- much appreciated
Its really amazing all the options available

Upvote 0

ask!

Original Poster
Will you have tickets to use?

If yes, then either Les Halles to eat and stroll around some of WS until time to head to Poly.
yes we have park-hoppers to use--- and I was considering going to Les Halles --- and then maybe stroll thru Epcot to the monorail to get to MK then Poly--- I actually consider the monorail a 'ride' :) Thanks for the tips Nickys

Upvote 0

ask!

Original Poster
I'm no help here really because I'm a 30 year old old lady who loves to just relax and explore the resort and surrounding area (in your case, The Boardwalk/resorts around it) with no reservations or obligations on our arrival day no matter the time, but it sounds like you are looking for more and rightfully so as you're going with your kids for the first time in their adulthood! So awesome.
Hope you guys have a beautiful family trip together.
actually you do have some great advice Disney Princess -- just soak it all in. and keep the options open
Thanks for that reminder

Upvote 0

ask!

Original Poster

interesting about Disney Springs ---hadn't thought of that.
I think I was looking to do something closer to the BC, so that when the room ready we would be nearby . Hoping to be able to access the room before we need to leave for Ohana's as it is EMH at MK--- and we may not be back to the resort until after mid-nite

Upvote 0

ask!

Original Poster
July mid week checking in at BC? I'd probably have my pool bag handy and hit either the quiet pool or Stormalong Bay until around 2pm. With a 4pm ADR at Ohana, I would just share a burger, or appetizers from Crews Cup once I let front desk know we were there. I try not to hit the deck running on day 1 because then I am already tired on day 2 LOL
good advice about taking it easy --thanks so much!

Upvote 0

ask!

Original Poster
If it is DVC points it will be 4pm

We got our 1 bedroom at 1pm last month. Before that it has always been pretty early but we requested first abvailable. However there have been times when 4pm was it.

With DME I would not schedule breakfast but lunch to give 2 hours just in case to get there (including delays and such). I personally would play it by ear. There are so many things to see and do in the Y&BC and Boardwalk areas. Check out the pool or play some pool and relax
Thanks for this-- and no, not DVC, just booked thru Disney . Just realizing that this may be a problem --may need to change those 4pm ADRS--thanks so much

Upvote 0

correcaminos

Thanks for this-- and no, not DVC, just booked thru Disney . Just realizing that this may be a problem --may need to change those 4pm ADRS--thanks so much
I wouldn't let a check in time get in the way. BCV in my experience has been good about getting rooms early. We almost always arrive around 10 am an never much of a wait. Only BWV has been bad. If you put your arrival time early you'll likely be fine.

Upvote 0

ask!

Original Poster
I wouldn't let a check in time get in the way. BCV in my experience has been good about getting rooms early. We almost always arrive around 10 am an never much of a wait. Only BWV has been bad. If you put your arrival time early you'll likely be fine.
Thanks so much!! Helenabear--- my husband and I celebrated our 30th ann in October, and we took the same flight--- and as soon as we got to the Poly, our room was ready I was thinking of that when I made the 4 pm ADR's ---so yes, thanks for your vote of confidence

Upvote 0

ask!

Original Poster
was thinking too about going to MK on arrival--- then Ohana's and then back to the beach club for a chill night in the room and pool That actually feels good because there is excitement when I get there---- and an early relaxing night after an early wake up might be perfect!

Upvote 0

correcaminos

Thanks so much!! Helenabear--- my husband and I celebrated our 30th ann in October, and we took the same flight--- and as soon as we got to the Poly, our room was ready I was thinking of that when I made the 4 pm ADR's ---so yes, thanks for your vote of confidence
I think if you put in an early arrival and mark first available you will be fine. Granted I could be wrong, but out of all my DVC trips over the past 13 years only once have I had to wait past 1-2 pm.

Upvote 0

ask!

Original Poster
I think if you put in an early arrival and mark first available you will be fine. Granted I could be wrong, but out of all my DVC trips over the past 13 years only once have I had to wait past 1-2 pm.
Thanks so very much!! This helps alot--my instinct is that we will be OK. .... and no matter what, we are in Disney with so much so see and do, I am certain that it will all work out.

Upvote 0

ask!

Original Poster
oh and Ohana's ADR's not changeable--so 4 it is.
And I really think dinner there with the extended Family (10 of us) will be a great start to this once-in-a-life time trip. (at least, first in this lifetime :) ) So I really wish to work around that ADR.

Upvote 0

correcaminos

I think it sounds fantastic! Admittedly we never let check in time affect what we do. Disney can hold bags if something goes wrong, but this trip sounds special and a great way to start the trip!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom