working out for Disney

93boomer

Premium Member
Checking in with 8,400 steps done just spraying weeds, laundry, etc. Still have my 4 mile walk this evening. It is really warm here with a nice 81 and sunshine today. Even the cat is feeling peppy today. Have a good night! Dinner is grilled chicken with a yogurt sauce and grilled veggie kebabs plus quinoa.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Good afternoon on this lovely 10 mile day (5 inside and 5 out)day :joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull: No cooking either (smoothie, salad and left over stirunfry) An almost perfect day. I'm not sure what practice I'll do tonight, that will depend on how many chores my boys leave for me:rolleyes::arghh::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

epcotisbest

So we got back home Saturday from a week at Saratoga Springs. Did the no park thing again, just enjoying the resort, pools and bicycle riding and going over to SeaWorld a couple of times as we still have active annual passes.
The thing that was abundantly clear this trip is I was in no way prepared physically, as walking and biking took a toll on this aging body. I was sore a lot and it is only my own fault for not being more dedicated to walking and exercise.
Lesson learned and I will up my walking game in an attempt to build up stamina for future trips.
Here are a few cycling photos. One at SSR, one near Disney Springs and one at Fort Wilderness.

SSR3.jpg
SSR.jpg
SSR2.jpg

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
So we got back home Saturday from a week at Saratoga Springs. Did the no park thing again, just enjoying the resort, pools and bicycle riding and going over to SeaWorld a couple of times as we still have active annual passes.
The thing that was abundantly clear this trip is I was in no way prepared physically, as walking and biking took a toll on this aging body. I was sore a lot and it is only my own fault for not being more dedicated to walking and exercise.
Lesson learned and I will up my walking game in an attempt to build up stamina for future trips.
Here are a few cycling photos. One at SSR, one near Disney Springs and one at Fort Wilderness.

View attachment 202310
View attachment 202311
View attachment 202312
THNX for sharing and I'm sure you'll up your game

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Happy Monday! I survived a very busy weekend and took a zen day on Saturday but somehow squeezed in 8 miles yesterday:joyfull: So far 7 LS miles with weights and I just set my mat out for some happy yoga time before the invasion begins:joyfull: Tonight's dinner veggie curry and I made enough for 3 days:joyfull: unless the boys find it:banghead:

93boomer

Premium Member

View attachment 202310
View attachment 202311
View attachment 202312
Hey Mrs @epcotisbest !! Looking good on that bike! :)

93boomer

Premium Member
Just got back from the grocery store. I just about blew away!! It is like a monsoon has hit! Rain going sideways and wind is awful. Walking inside probably since DH will be working outages. Dinner is a new dish-Spinach Pesto pasta w shrimp and asparagus. Have a good night!! :)

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Last night we had some very loud storms but thankfully no flooding or power outages:) Seeing I was up with no plans to go out and walk today I did 10 inside miles(5 before the boys left and 5 right after) and day 2 of the 30 day yoga challenge. Why not I was up early so why not make the most of it and it was too loud to go back to bed:joyfull: BUT guess who got a phone call saying the skies had cleared by somebody didn't want to walk alone. It was a nice but windy 2 miles. Tonight's dinner leftovers and guess who's going to bed a bit early:D

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
I'm changing up my workout routine. My lower body seems to have plateaued and my arms are starting to bulk:eek::mad::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: I like starting my day with yoga but with my dh's schedule that doesn't work:mad::mad::mad::mad: If I do anything where I make a lot of noise when he's home he'll get up so I picked up JM's kickbox fast fix(on sale:joyfull:) and will do that in the am for a while and see how it goes. I love that her dvds have a couple of different workouts. Today was the lower body one and was a bit challenging just learning the combos. I'm sure I've mentioned having 6 left feet:hilarious: This week's great veggie buy spinach with the root end attached(the type you find in oriental markets):hungry::hungry::hungry::hungry::hungry::hungry:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I'm changing up my workout routine. My lower body seems to have plateaued and my arms are starting to bulk:eek::mad::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: I like starting my day with yoga but with my dh's schedule that doesn't work:mad::mad::mad::mad: If I do anything where I make a lot of noise when he's home he'll get up so I picked up JM's kickbox fast fix(on sale:joyfull:) and will do that in the am for a while and see how it goes. I love that her dvds have a couple of different workouts. Today was the lower body one and was a bit challenging just learning the combos. I'm sure I've mentioned having 6 left feet:hilarious: This week's great veggie buy spinach with the root end attached(the type you find in oriental markets):hungry::hungry::hungry::hungry::hungry::hungry:

Never saw a root on spinach. How do you use the root in your cooking (or do you just discard it)?

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Good I think it's morning:hilarious: serious lack of sleep:mad:. Any hoo did manage to do JM's workout 3 abs so I'm switching up days 5 & 6 of YWA because day 6 is abs might as well hit them hard today because that's all I may do except go back to sleep and cook dinner which will be veggie curry. @MySmallWorldof4 you may like this sauce Tiffins/Nomad's "butter" sauce it makes 8quarts:joyfull::joyfull::joyfull:.
Toast spices in dry pan
1.25 oz cardamon
2 oz cinnamon
1oz cloves
1.5 oz fenugreek
1oz chili flakes
then grind the spices
Heat 3 ounces oil and sweat
4 oz garlic and
4 oz grated ginger together
add
6 oz tomato paste and lightly brown
add
3 #10 cans tomato puree
reduce heat
add
50 ounces coconut milk
salt & pepper to taste
now the official recipe says to puree at that point I haven't found to have needed it

MySmallWorldof4

Good I think it's morning:hilarious: serious lack of sleep:mad:. Any hoo did manage to do JM's workout 3 abs so I'm switching up days 5 & 6 of YWA because day 6 is abs might as well hit them hard today because that's all I may do except go back to sleep and cook dinner which will be veggie curry. @MySmallWorldof4 you may like this sauce Tiffins/Nomad's "butter" sauce it makes 8quarts:joyfull::joyfull::joyfull:.
Toast spices in dry pan
1.25 oz cardamon
2 oz cinnamon
1oz cloves
1.5 oz fenugreek
1oz chili flakes
then grind the spices
Heat 3 ounces oil and sweat
4 oz garlic and
4 oz grated ginger together
add
6 oz tomato paste and lightly brown
add
3 #10 cans tomato puree
reduce heat
add
50 ounces coconut milk
salt & pepper to taste
now the official recipe says to puree at that point I haven't found to have needed it
Thanks. I would have to buy some new ingredients cause some I don't have. Never heard of fenugreek. Had to look that one up. To be honest the first thing I read from this post, what popped up at me was "oil and sweat", and I was like "What?":confused::D

Oh and did not know this thread existed so thanks and Greeaaat, you have just added more reading to my day.:p

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Thanks. I would have to buy some new ingredients cause some I don't have. Never heard of fenugreek. Had to look that one up. To be honest the first thing I read from this post, what popped up at me was "oil and sweat", and I was like "What?":confused::D

Oh and did not know this thread existed so thanks and Greeaaat, you have just added more reading to my day.:p
We'd love to hear about the yoga you do and like or not like and healthy meal ideas are always welcome as are BBQ pics

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Good morning, so far I'm loving waking up and doing kickboxing:inlove: and moving yoga to later in the day. The only problem I have is how to squeeze in my steps for the next few days due to all the rain. I wanted to not have to do any Leslie Sansone but a few 12 minute miles will get them done:hilarious: It's chili night and seeing James asked why he couldn't hang with his buddies next Sunday he gets to chop all the veggies:D Have a wonderful and healthy weekend:joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull:

Sans Souci

Hello-

I've been busy. I didn't stop working out, though. I did take a break last week, I took a quick 5 day trip to WDW. My husband's been traveling weekly, so I just felt like I needed to get out. I have an annual pass, I found cheap flights and a cheap room.

I am doing a Fitness Blender 2 month program. It's OK so far. I do like that I don't have to sit and agonize which workout I should do. Now, I have a calendar, I click on the date and the work out starts.

I am less than 2 lbs away from my goal. But I have a feeling I won't make goal this week, either. (Thank you, hormonal water retention.) I will focus on the 33 lbs I have lost since November. :)

I am making tofu-avocado rice bowls for dinner tonight.

I hope everyone is doing well. :)

Sans Souci

But, if it's on Pandora, can't you set it so it won't play that song ever again? My I'm staying at my brother's house right now and my BIL was explaining Pandora to me and he said you can tell it you don't like a particular song or artist and it won't play it anymore. Not sure how to do that, but he has "trained" his Pandora station to the point that it plays almost exclusively Beatles songs, apparently.

I think you can tell it not to play a song by giving it a thumbs down. I've tried looking for a way to block an artist's playlist and I can't find one. I'll look again. I don't mind a TS song or a Maroon 5 song very occasionally, but dang, not every other song.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom