Pandora - 30 Days Out

sjhym333

Original Poster
I know that it is only 2 days that the window has been open but I was wondering if any AP holder has had any luck grabbing any Pandora FP's when the window opened?

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I just did a search for May 27, 28 and 29 and there are no fastpasses available for either Pandora attraction or Rivers of Light.

Of course that is opening weekend which we know will be slammed.

When is your trip?

sjhym333

Original Poster
I saw that too. I am a local AP holder and I have been wondering if the Pandora attractions will be like Frozen and 7 Dwarfs with the availability being very very hard to come by at 30 days

nickys

Premium Member
I saw that too. I am a local AP holder and I have been wondering if the Pandora attractions will be like Frozen and 7 Dwarfs with the availability being very very hard to come by at 30 days

Probably to begin with it will be.

However after the initial rush, my guess will be that it will die down. The Banshee ride has a significant height restriction, so it's not a family ride like FEA and 7dmt. Families will book the River Journey instead. If the Pandora tiers continue then the fastpasses will be split, leaving room for 30 day visitors.

sjhym333

Original Poster
It will really depend on the capacity of each. I will be coming up to the summer blackout time on my AP so maybe after the summer. Not going to renew at the end of my year. Will probably have to try rope drop but I expect that to be crazy too

sjhym333

Original Poster
I have been able to pick up a river ride FP for the end of May by signing in at exactly 7am. Today there were 3 times available for the river ride (I did not grab one) 30 days out but were gone within 2 minutes. The Flight of Passage attraction has not been available at all. I am assuming that it is going to be more popular and a lower capacity

correcaminos

I have been able to pick up a river ride FP for the end of May by signing in at exactly 7am. Today there were 3 times available for the river ride (I did not grab one) 30 days out but were gone within 2 minutes. The Flight of Passage attraction has not been available at all. I am assuming that it is going to be more popular and a lower capacity
My day in June is still very open. Na'vi river is more available at this point, but all have options for that day still. We'll see in a few more days what happens at the 30 day mark (we're at 32) but so far it's okay. I've seen that Memorial Day weekend they expect larger than average crowds so not sure if that is playing into it.

correcaminos

I saw that when I signed in today at 7. I picked one up the other day for May 29. The Flight of Passage hasn't been available at all. I am assuming that it has a lower capacity.
And the 'thrill ride' of the group. We opted not to do FP+ for it because I have back issues and I worry about the ride. If it is like Tron I will need alternative seating. I'll be talking with Guest Services about the best option, but we'll just try to do rope drop at a 8am the day we are there and we have FP+ for the other at 8:55

sjhym333

Original Poster
After 5 days of hitting the MDE for Fastpasses for Pandora here is what my experience has been and a guide to anyone else looking who is a AP or non-Disney hotel guest: I am finding Na'vi River Journey has been available every day with multiple times. They are usually totally gone by 8 or 9am. I would suggest refreshing a couple of times because I saw that times kept getting added (I assume it is because of the way the FP system updates the new date for 30 days out). I was unable to get any FP's for Flight of Passage at all. I am expecting that won't change before my summer blackout period starts in June. I am also thinking that it won't change after the summer because my gut is telling me that the capacity is not very high and hotel guests are grabbing them all in the 60 day window. I figure it will be like Frozen and to a lesser extent to 7 Dwarfs Mine Train (which sometime show up for an evening time). Will have to do Flight of Passage at rope drop.

correcaminos

After 5 days of hitting the MDE for Fastpasses for Pandora here is what my experience has been and a guide to anyone else looking who is a AP or non-Disney hotel guest: I am finding Na'vi River Journey has been available every day with multiple times. They are usually totally gone by 8 or 9am. I would suggest refreshing a couple of times because I saw that times kept getting added (I assume it is because of the way the FP system updates the new date for 30 days out). I was unable to get any FP's for Flight of Passage at all. I am expecting that won't change before my summer blackout period starts in June. I am also thinking that it won't change after the summer because my gut is telling me that the capacity is not very high and hotel guests are grabbing them all in the 60 day window. I figure it will be like Frozen and to a lesser extent to 7 Dwarfs Mine Train (which sometime show up for an evening time). Will have to do Flight of Passage at rope drop.
For tomorrow the 30 day mark still has some evening times available. Based on my experience it isn't as hard as 7DMT or Frozen. If it were like those two, you'd sometimes be out of luck at the 60 day mark.

sjhym333

Original Poster
For tomorrow the 30 day mark still has some evening times available. Based on my experience it isn't as hard as 7DMT or Frozen. If it were like those two, you'd sometimes be out of luck at the 60 day mark.
Thanks for the info. I will continue to check in the morning at 7 am. Today I can only see as far as June 2 (30 days) and nothing for Flight of Passage has been open

correcaminos

Thanks for the info. I will continue to check in the morning at 7 am. Today I can only see as far as June 2 (30 days) and nothing for Flight of Passage has been open
We have a trip starting on the 3rd so I'm able to look to see what is available because of the trip. I'm obviously not booking anything but I've been watching the first few days for a while just to see. It was interesting to be able to book all the 'tough ones' at the 60 day mark to compare. FEA was the hardest and I didn't get a time I wanted but made it work. 7DMT was next in line. The AK rides were easy and I actually switched around a bunch that day before we decided on the Na'vi river journey.

skyphotographer

I managed to get Navi River Journey and Rivers of Light at 7am this morning for June 2. Keep re-trying for at least 20 minutes before you give up. Thought I was going to get FoP but it bombed when I tried to confirm.

correcaminos

I managed to get Navi River Journey and Rivers of Light at 7am this morning for June 2. Keep re-trying for at least 20 minutes before you give up. Thought I was going to get FoP but it bombed when I tried to confirm.
Bummer on the FoP I would keep looking just in case. Checked out June 4th (tomorrow would be 30 days) and unless they load more there is nothing for EE, FoP or Dinosaur. Looks like we picked the right ones for the day.

Thomas_M

I haven't had any luck with FoP for the week of June 4, however have been fortunate with River Journey and Rivers of Light. As always with this forum I took the friendly advice and checked early AM as I didn't know what time FP would open on the 30 day mark.

I guess resort guests are using the 60 day perk to their advantage, or they simply haven't opened enough slots for FoP at this time as they are still testing.

I'm still checking daily none the less, good luck to all!

mdubm

We are going early June with family. They're staying off site so their 30 day window just opened yesterday for AK. They were able to get Navi River but that's it.

correcaminos

We are going early June with family. They're staying off site so their 30 day window just opened yesterday for AK. They were able to get Navi River but that's it.
Good luck to them. I have noticed that the 60 day is helpful like with 7DMT and FEA, but between the 30-60 day mark it is more available than either. I hope they can find something or get it at rope drop :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom