Rumor Stitch's Great Escape Replacement— Don’t Hold Your Breath

HMF

This is what I'd like to see but I doubt we see half of this:
COP updates/big refurb
SGE replacement
Speedway replacement with one or two quality attractions (doesn't mean e ticket)
Space mountain complete refurb with new tracks and trains
Actually none of those sound really far-fetched. Two of them are definitely happening. The Third one might and while the fourth one isn't currently planned it will have to happen eventually unless they want to get sued and/or be criminally liable.

larandtra

I dont know about the timeline. It seems to me that 2021 seems a bit optimistic. Just based on all of the other things going on at other parks, Im not sure how they would divide the resources to do an overhaul until things are settled in other parks. I would think 2023 would be more realistic just for a starter. A SM rehab alone I would assume is in the 12-18 month range to complete if they can dedicate enough resources to it. And as Ive been thinking aloud in other threads, not sure that even can be done until after all the other parks are more prepared, which is 2021 at best, so 2023 or later seems more likely to me. And they would still need something else in MK to offset the imbalance when the overhaul begins or they will end up with the same capacity issues they have now, even with other parks absorbing some of it. The math and timelines just dont jive for a 2021 completion of TL rehab.

IowaHawks7

I dont know about the timeline. It seems to me that 2021 seems a bit optimistic. Just based on all of the other things going on at other parks, Im not sure how they would divide the resources to do an overhaul until things are settled in other parks. I would think 2023 would be more realistic just for a starter. A SM rehab alone I would assume is in the 12-18 month range to complete if they can dedicate enough resources to it. And as Ive been thinking aloud in other threads, not sure that even can be done until after all the other parks are more prepared, which is 2021 at best, so 2023 or later seems more likely to me. And they would still need something else in MK to offset the imbalance when the overhaul begins or they will end up with the same capacity issues they have now, even with other parks absorbing some of it. The math and timelines just dont jive for a 2021 completion of TL rehab.

This is my honest opinion but one would think they would like the new TL open for the 50th.. It's not like they dont have the capital to make it happen if they wanted to. Especially with the rumors of "50 Magical Enhancements or Additions" for the 50th.

I am Timmy

This is my honest opinion but one would think they would like the new TL open for the 50th.. It's not like they dont have the capital to make it happen if they wanted to. Especially with the rumors of "50 Magical Enhancements or Additions" for the 50th.
Would "Magical Enhancements" include things like painting the rocks on the way into Tomorrow Land? Not exactly magical, or enhanced.

Cesar R M

Whatever replaces Stitch is somewhat constrained by the size of that show building. I had thought that the rumored Wreck it Ralph attraction was the strongest contender here.
The Tron ride rumors are-again, off-again, but something like that would be so large as to require space along the perimeter of the park- speedway, or a combination of the carousel of progress and the Tomorrowland stage would work. Unless that's a viable expansion pad north of Space Mountain...

Anyway, the latest rumor is that instead of Tron, something large in Adventureland will be built, which would leave Tomorrowland with smaller updates probably limited to the Stitch replacement.
Just how large the Stitch showbuilding is by the way? I remember it being pretty big if you consider the long queue, the space with the animatronics and the showrooms.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom