RUMOR!-Fantasmic! to recieve updates or be replaced by 2020.

wdwgreek

I am still of the opinion that there should be both a daytime and nighttime spectacular here. They leave it empty for hours during the day. i get that this may be because of the Florida sun and heat, but it seems so sad such a large space sits empty 20 hours a day.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I am still of the opinion that there should be both a daytime and nighttime spectacular here. They leave it empty for hours during the day. i get that this may be because of the Florida sun and heat, but it seems so sad such a large space sits empty 20 hours a day.
Not only is it pig ugly in the direct sun, there's not a lot they could do given the way the show is intergrated into the structure. Trap doors. Floors not designed to be used all the time. Lighting and laser / projection windows. And a lot of tech clearly visible.

wdwgreek

Not only is it pig ugly in the direct sun, there's not a lot they could do given the way the show is intergrated into the structure. Trap doors. Floors not designed to be used all the time. Lighting and laser / projection windows. And a lot of tech clearly visible.
Fair enough, its pretty ugly at night though too ;) Such a shame really though. :/

CJR

Given the variety format, I don't think it needs to be "rebranded". It's rather loved as a show, then again, you could argue the same for Wishes (although firework shows are a bit different in that they don't rely on costumes and sets).

My bet is, depending how well received the California updates are, those will come our way. It's the cheapest solution, outside of doing nothing, which they're pretty good at. They'll probably change their minds a hundred times before anything of real substance is decided on. DHS really has bigger fish to fry (looking at BatB/TLM).

SirLink

Their was one proposal that I heard that involved 'The Hollywood Talent Agency' - trying to put a show on an hilarity ensured. I seemed kinda cool for the venue but I know that was shelved because of a question of that it was too hot in that place during the middle of the day.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Their was one proposal that I heard that involved 'The Hollywood Talent Agency' - trying to put a show on an hilarity ensured. I seemed kinda cool for the venue but I know that was shelved because of a question of that it was too hot in that place during the middle of the day.
I think there's been several proposals. As of yet none obviously have been approved.

MMFanCipher

Couldn't they install retractable "shade" that covers the audience for the day show and then retract it for the night show, so it is out of the way of the projections?

andre85

The most amazing thing about Disneyland's Fantasmic? You walk around the area all day, along the ROA and on the actual island. Then suddenly at night, the area transforms before your eyes... and with a bright flash, it is all gone again. Disneyland's version screams magical moment appearing out of nowhere along a river... DHS's screams big show in an arena.

Too bad it also ruins that area at night outside of the show. There's no tranquility anymore, just hoards and hoards of extremely loud people

UpAllNight

I think Illuminations will be next on the list for updates. If I had to guess I'd say early next year they'll want to give Epcot a boost as all other parks have invested in new night time offerings in the past year.

But yeah, Fantasmic has much potential and is feeling dated too. The stadium doesn't offend me though...it feels like an event...something big, exciting is about to happen...and it does, the first few times you see it. But yeah, update required.

K.B

What about daytime Fantastic? Someone knows what I'm talking about. Now that Delos is go. Project Happy should be discussed D23, Epcot entrance redesign, etc

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom