News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

clemmo

From what you guys (insiders) have been hinting, I keep picturing something open aired? I really don't want to think that Disney would put a spinner in Epcot though :(
I have a feeling that is one of the options but there's one or two others on the playing field. Martin said that one of the options is quite worthwhile and would fit so I'm sure that's probably not a spinner.

BenJacobs

How could you offend so many people when you believe so few are fans of Mary Poppins?

The new Mary Poppins is a sequel, not a remake, and based on the original MP books.

You regard DickVanDyke's accent to be Cockney? Stephen Fry has characterized his attempt at a Cockney accent as an act of war.

Oof, you're a tad hostile... I feel like I've offended so many people because just about everybody on this forum loves Mary Poppins, and you really didn't need to correct me on the fact that it's a sequel and not a remake, as they are very similar, and you're being very pedantic.

BenJacobs

Allow me to do some armchair imagineering, for fun: can they make a river/boat ride that connects the back of the UK pavilion and the side of the France pavilion, crossing the "English Channel" (International gateway). Another thought would be a smaller scale London eye (Ferris wheel) which may be able to be constructed near the proposed gondola area which Martin indicated would go sorta behind the UK area to make a sky themed plaza. A Ferris wheel would take up a small footprint, but not be immersive, and we'd likely see too much backstage.

Maybe it wouldn't matter if you could see stuff backstage, as you can see everything from the real London Eye, why not see everything from this; also, it actually represents the UK as a nation, so fits in Epcot, more so than an IP based attraction.

Robbiem

You could see plenty of stuff from the skyway so a London eye could be an interesting fit, maybe it could be put on the lagoon like the original is over the Thames

Princess Leia

You could see plenty of stuff from the skyway so a London eye could be an interesting fit, maybe it could be put on the lagoon like the original is over the Thames
Martin said that the attraction won't be a Ferris Wheel (I had the same idea).

I really hate not knowing a) the type of attraction and b) the theme. I wish we knew one or the other. Or both, both would be good too ;)

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Oof, you're a tad hostile...

No, you're a tad oversensitive. If you have an unpopular opinion, in that you don't care for Mary Poppins, that's totally fine. Stick to your guns.

But the problem is you didn't do that. You attributed your disinterest of Mary Poppins to just about everyone. And that's demonstrably not true. And when it's pointed out that it's not true and you're being self-contradictory ("there aren't many MP fans" and "I've offended many MP fans") then your argument is highlighted as weak and self-contradictory.

And then you play the victim card: Rather than apologizing for being wrong, you attribute to us that we're easily offended with the implication that we really don't have a solid rebuttal, but we're simply the type that fly off the handle and attack for no reason at all...

nickys

Premium Member
What I'd really like would be one of:

A Bedknobs and Broomsticks ride flying over different areas of the UK (PP already does the same for London and on to Neverland).

Storybook type ride (would love it to be water based) through an aspect of history, to complement the 4 centuries of the shops . Writers could work here as they would fit in well with the same period. Or could be through Alice if needs to be an IP.

Something out and out "Brave" based.

Or something Mary Poppins based. The more elaborate carousel ideas would be "OK", so long as it's not just a simple spinner a la Magic Carpets or Dumbo (although I love Dumbo).

Bocabear

A nicely done Poppins Carousel would be lovely and fit the theme and atmosphere nicely. Could have some Poppins style magical effects that come to life for each ride.
Oh God Please not this... In a park needing capacity please don't let it be a crappy spinner ride...Unless those horses leave the carousel and go romping through the countrysaide, I really don't want a spinner...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom