RUMOR!-Fantasmic! to recieve updates or be replaced by 2020.

fgh4747

Original Poster
Could Fantasmic! see its final bows or just a couple of updates? what I'm hearing Fantasmic might be replaced by 2020 or will see SEVERE updates (SIMILAR TO DLR) Besides Pirates of course.

wdwfan4ver

While I am no insider, this is what I know:
1.) It is not possible for DHS getting World of Color. I am going by what different insiders on this site mentioned in the past. I believe that is caused by size it.
2.) It is not possible for Fantasmic being turned into a land or a new attraction that isn't a show before 2020. My reasoning is the amount of time to get a rid of the bleachers and the land area of the show.
3.) If DHS is getting a new show, it would be something original that isn't in any other Disney theme park.
4.) It would make sense for Disney to do upgrades to Fantasmic since they have the Star Wars Fireworks show.

roj2323

While I am no insider, this is what I know:
1.) It is not possible for DHS getting World of Color. I am going by what different insiders on this site mentioned in the past. I believe that is caused by size it.
2.) It is not possible for Fantasmic being turned into a land or a new attraction that isn't a show before 2020. My reasoning is the amount of time to get a rid of the bleachers and the land area of the show.
3.) If DHS is getting a new show, it would be something original that isn't in any other Disney theme park.
4.) It would make sense for Disney to do upgrades to Fantasmic since they have the Star Wars Fireworks show.

You've obviously never worked a demolition job. That entire theater could be leveled and ready for construction inside of 4 months. That said,I don't think the theater is going anywhere. There might be a new show developed for the theater and they might tweak the entry/exit pathways to open things up a bit but for now the theater is safe. If you want to look at a theater that has a questionable future look to theater of the stars which hosts beauty and the beast currently.

KrzyKtty

I would be be surprised if it wasn't updated or replaced somehow. DHS is changing so much by 2020, the show will have to change a bit to stay in theme with the new park image. And though I love the show, I wouldn't mind seeing something new as well.

mikenatcity1

I would be more than happy to have Fantasmic updated. I don't see it going away either- it packs in the people and is still popular (imagine the popularity if it were updated). If it is updated, perhaps make it slightly different than DL.

rushtest4echo

It's a possibility.

It's also a possibility that WDW will explode into flames tomorrow and never be rebuilt. ;)

Don't get the mill churning with another nightly show at some point maybe being updated maybe sometime in the future if things don't change. Many of us have already ripping our hair out trying to figure out if/when Reflections of Earth will be leaving and/or if there are more significant upgrades/changes coming. I'm not sure if I can do another several years of juggling Fantasmic rumors at the same time! :)

That said, I'd love to see several elements of our show updated- but I sincerely hope our show isn't butchered in the way that Disneyland's now is. Sure, I love some of the updates that'll be arriving in 4 or 5 months, but it's not worth it for all of the awful direction changes Disneylands Fantasmic!! now has.

wdwfan757

Is there a thread somewhere that discusses some logistical reason why DL's Fantasmic is so much better than ours? It's the one attraction where the DL version has made me not even return to ours. Their Space vs ours, their Pirates vs ours, Indy vs Dinosaur? Eh, ours have some of their own perks. But their fantasmic is epic, and ours is just such a letdown.

pax_65

The entire Pocahontas section of the show needs to be redone. Yes, this film was popular when the show opened in 1998 but that was a LONG time ago. Heck, they could just change it to Avatar - it's basically the same plot. :)

clemmo

I noticed for Indy and now for Fantasmic the whole "the shows hit capacity" ... that's great and all but that doesn't mean they don't need updates. All the shows at DHS are beyond 20 years old. The park needs things to do. Of course they hit capacity.
Once SWL is up and running the shows really should be the next priority for renovations and/or replacement to some of the older shows. I'd also love to see an IJ ride next to the stunt show especially since the next movie got pushed back to 2020 meaning if they re wanted to they could have something open by 2021 riding off of the (hopeful) success of the movie

GVentola

I'm more worried about Fantasmic getting rid of Pocahontas & John Smith. I've been obsessed for over 20 years now with this couple, wanting them together instead of how it was in Pocahontas II. (Don't tell me I don't know history. I know the historical Pocahontas married the historical John Rolfe and not the historical John Smith, but I see the Disney's characters as just that--fictional CHARACTERS inspired by historical figures, therefore their lives can go in different directions.) Anyhoo, watching Disney's Pocahontas & John Smith together in Fantasmic makes me feel good.
Also, I heard Disneyland's Fantasmic was better, but I saw it on vacation and I thought it sucked in comparison to ours. Only three villains. No Pocahontas and John Smith.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom