Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

L.C. Clench

Is this a serious thing, the cabana's in SWL? Are we to believe that this new planet we are visiting has Cabana's? Yeah, no.
KingdomCabanas-11262016-5.jpg
That's actually a picture of one of the stalls in the intergalactic flea market.

Disneybear

Well, you need one person to pilot, one person to control weapons, one person to shout profanities in an alien language, one person to hit the overhead control panel every time a system clunks out, one person to constantly freak out and quote your odds of success, and a one-man (or one-woman) committee to critique every little thing the pilot does.
Don't forget you'll need someone to hysterically scream " the odds of surviving are approximately 3 thousand seven hundred and twenty to one" in a shrill robotic voice.

mhochman

There will be interaction with the controls on the Falcon ride. You will be able to influence the actions/outcome of your ride, unlike Mission Space which is fixed regardless of your actions.

I know that. What I meant was, not everyone will necessarily interact with the controls. Some may only be at the controls. In a room of 6, not everyone is directing the ship.

Goofyernmost

I know that. What I meant was, not everyone will necessarily interact with the controls. Some may only be at the controls. In a room of 6, not everyone is directing the ship.
No one has yet to explain how anyone other then Disney is directing the movements of the "ship" other the a very narrow range of movement. Skeptical? Yes, just a little.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
No one has yet to explain how anyone other then Disney is directing the movements of the "ship" other the a very narrow range of movement. Skeptical? Yes, just a little.

Probably like a Mario Kart game. You can steer perfectly for a smooth flight and hit certain objective cleanly. Or, you can careen around banging into stuff, spinning out, and missing side objectives.

IOW... it's a VR Speedway.

rushtest4echo

If the pilot can maintain a steady course the gunners will have a better chance at a high score. There will be interaction with the controls. Each of the 6 people in a pod will have tasks to perform.

Think more like an "on the rails" shooter a la the original Star Fox stuff as far as the pilot is concerned.

Last edited:

lentesta

Premium Member
As a boutique hotel with exorbitant pricing, wouldn't that be ideal, right in the middle of the land?

Here's an example of 1.5 acres used for an 8-story hotel with 124 to 214 rooms and almost 9,000 s.f. of retail space.

There are a number of issues with building a hotel inside the park. We've seen some of those with the Cinderella Suite at the Magic Kingdom - someone has to stand guard at your room to make sure you don't get out and run around the park while it's closed. There's also the issue of how to provide dining and other amenities.

Few things are impossible with enough time and money, but I'm not sure that Disney is willing to go down that road. It may be less hassle just to do cabanas (or retail space, etc.).

rushtest4echo

Not sure what you are talking about, Video vertigo. Pilot will have an effect on outcome.

No doubt he will, much in the same way that steering toward and asteroid or avoiding fit from other ships has an affect on the outcome in Starfox.

Imagine being in a cockpit of that ship, with gunners on each side. Your "path" is predetermined, but your ability to maneuver around as the pilot determines lots of outcomes and places the gunners in favorable positions to hit targets. I'm sure you'll lose prestige/points if you collide with objects and/or get hit by other stuff like missiles. It'll probably be incumbent on the gunners to "shoot down" missiles or objects that the pilot can't avoid.

Much like Toy Story Mania or Sum of All Thrills, this "ride" is probably better described as an arcade game on steroids.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
Here's an example of 1.5 acres used for an 8-story hotel with 124 to 214 rooms and almost 9,000 s.f. of retail space.

There are a number of issues with building a hotel inside the park. We've seen some of those with the Cinderella Suite at the Magic Kingdom - someone has to stand guard at your room to make sure you don't get out and run around the park while it's closed. There's also the issue of how to provide dining and other amenities.

Few things are impossible with enough time and money, but I'm not sure that Disney is willing to go down that road. It may be less hassle just to do cabanas (or retail space, etc.).

The real issue is how are you going to be able to leave the hotel after the park closes? The other hotels of this nature are attached to the theme park, offering the ability to exit to a non-theme park area. If it's in the actual park, that option goes away and I don't see that going over well with guests at all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom