Club 32 Lounge

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Before I head in for the night I wanted to get this up -- this is the new first post to this thread...and it will chronicle all of the attractions/restaurants/shops we've brainstormed so far so we have it in a concise list and everyone knows where it is.

I'm sure I forgot some things by accident from the brainstorming so please don't hesitate to let me know and I will gladly add it in the list. This is only off the top of my head.

Night everyone!:)
club32revised-png.200486

Disneyland Sydney Resort
Sydney, Australia

Disneyland Sydney

The Harbor/Fantasia Gardens
- Entrance to the park
- The Harbor is themed to early 1900s Sydney in a more romanticized fashion.
- Fantasia Gardens is an enchanted forest that hides the view of the Fantasia Castle (icon of the park) from guest view until the opportune moment.
- WDW Railroad Station

Pacific Wharf
- 1905 San Francisco theme (before the earthquake)
- Tower of Terror
- Museum of the Weird (Mystic Manor themed)
- Chinatown trackless ride
- Lombard Street Wild Mouse Coaster
- Cable Cars
- Alcatraz Island Walk-Through
- George Bluebeard shop
- Austrailian Gangster Saloon
- Canoe boats

Frontierland
- Geyser Mountain
- Western River Expedition
- Tall Tales Mountain
- River Raft Ride
- Frontierland Station
- Timber Peak Saloon

Critter Country
- Splash Mountain
- Country Bear Jamboree
- The Rescuers Down Under
- Banjo-Kazooie
- Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh (possibly in Fantasyland)

Adventureland
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- Indiana Jones
- Enchanted Tiki Room Dark Ride
- Moana Show
- Jungle Cruise
- Boat Transportation
- Arabian Coast
- Trader Sam's Style Bar
- Tortuga Tavern

Fantasyland
- Storybookland Canals
- Fantasia Castle
- Dumbo attraction
- A Tangled Tale
- Snow White's Scary Adventures
- Peter Pan's Flight
- Mary Poppins Jolly Holiday
- Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
- Beauty and the Beast show and ride
- Pinocchio's Misadventures
- Flight of the Pheonix
- Alice in Wonderland E-ticket
- Casey Jr. Train
- Fantasyland Stage Show
- Fantasyland Daytime/Nighttime show
- Assorted Restaurants/Shops
- Fantasyland Train Station

Villains Land
- Bald Mountain Coaster
- Scar Dar Ride
- Villains Academy
- Villains Show
- Nightmare Before Christmas Hinterlands
- Ursula flat ride
- Assorted Villains
- Dr. Facilier Voodoo Shop

Tomorrowland
- Spacebase Delta
- Space Mountain
- Big Hero 6 Villains attraction transition
other possible entries include...
- An Adventure in Time
- Treasure Planet
- 20K Under the Sea
- Intracellular
- Tomorrowland Train Station

Progressland
- Century 22
- it's a small world
- Carousel of Progress

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Okay so this is looking a bit into the future...but remember how Tom said we need that "1" in the 1,2,3 read formula?

The "1" draws the attention of the reader...entertains them, and makes them want to see more...without throwing every single detail into their faces.

My thoughts on this are to do an intro video -- an overview of the Disneyland Sydney theme park, land by land, to the tune of Soarin' Around the World.

It'd be titled Soarin' Over Sydney (or something like that). I really enjoy the way they spliced the new Soarin' music, especially now that the tune fluctuates based on where you are in the world which helps us because some of the tunes blend in with the Arabian Coast in Adventureland...or the harbor seagulls.

Essentially, this intro video would pan through our maps and finished sketches of each land, and then fade into some of the main attractions, showing off the concept art for them. Sketch-Up 3D or Blender 3D models would be needed for the pans through the lands...but I know @MonorailRed is learning sketch-up models and I will too if it helps this project:D I tried to learn blender too and I have a little bit of knowledge with it but I think Sketch will be easier.

I'm picturing the camera panning around our models of each land...then zooming in, fading briefly, and going through a reel of our concept art/main attractions for the land...then panning out and heading to the next land, and so on...until we reach the finale...where we'll have a custom fireworks show based on our nighttime show which we will zoom into and then reveal a website or a completed thread on the forum, where the reader can go to see all of the content laid out in its full detail.

I think this could be really cool introduction to the project and be that unique "1" that draws the viewer in to see more!

gonzoWDW

Just read through the last few pages. If
Before I head in for the night I wanted to get this up -- this is the new first post to this thread...and it will chronicle all of the attractions/restaurants/shops we've brainstormed so far so we have it in a concise list and everyone knows where it is.

I'm sure I forgot some things by accident from the brainstorming so please don't hesitate to let me know and I will gladly add it in the list. This is only off the top of my head.

Night everyone!:)

That's awesome. When did we decide the resort is gonna be in Sydney? I'm really excited about the location, that's actually where I was traveling when I was "without Internet" for the past few weeks. I got to see A LOT of the city (and of the sights in the video you posted), and would love to help work on some of the "Sydney" aspects of the park!

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Just read through the last few pages. If

That's awesome. When did we decide the resort is gonna be in Sydney? I'm really excited about the location, that's actually where I was traveling when I was "without Internet" for the past few weeks. I got to see A LOT of the city (and of the sights in the video you posted), and would love to help work on some of the "Sydney" aspects of the park!
Hey welcome back gonzo!

Long story short last week a former Disney artist/imagineer Tom Thordarson stopped by to give us some feedback on the project. That advice has sparked these new ideas and ultimately placing the resort in Sydney...we'd love your help on that if you'd like!

MonorailRed

Applebees
Okay so this is looking a bit into the future...but remember how Tom said we need that "1" in the 1,2,3 read formula?

The "1" draws the attention of the reader...entertains them, and makes them want to see more...without throwing every single detail into their faces.

My thoughts on this are to do an intro video -- an overview of the Disneyland Sydney theme park, land by land, to the tune of Soarin' Around the World.

It'd be titled Soarin' Over Sydney (or something like that). I really enjoy the way they spliced the new Soarin' music, especially now that the tune fluctuates based on where you are in the world which helps us because some of the tunes blend in with the Arabian Coast in Adventureland...or the harbor seagulls.

Essentially, this intro video would pan through our maps and finished sketches of each land, and then fade into some of the main attractions, showing off the concept art for them. Sketch-Up 3D or Blender 3D models would be needed for the pans through the lands...but I know @MonorailRed is learning sketch-up models and I will too if it helps this project:D I tried to learn blender too and I have a little bit of knowledge with it but I think Sketch will be easier.

I'm picturing the camera panning around our models of each land...then zooming in, fading briefly, and going through a reel of our concept art/main attractions for the land...then panning out and heading to the next land, and so on...until we reach the finale...where we'll have a custom fireworks show based on our nighttime show which we will zoom into and then reveal a website or a completed thread on the forum, where the reader can go to see all of the content laid out in its full detail.

I think this could be really cool introduction to the project and be that unique "1" that draws the viewer in to see more!

Building off of this, here's a really quick draft of the "Main Street" concept we came up with in SketchUp. I put Paris as the castle until we get Figment's concept. :D (Note: This is the first time I really worked with SketchUp other than making one box :hilarious: So it's not the best.)

Screen Shot 2017-04-21 at 9.36.30 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-04-21 at 9.36.57 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-04-21 at 9.37.09 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-04-21 at 9.37.33 PM.png

It's crazy but - My goal is to make detailed animation pans/aerials out of a mixed SketchUp/photoshop representation of the park when We're done.

So... It'll look more artistic (Hopefully more realistic), but have that 3D feel as well (Paperman-esque) ... And I can get some texture samples from the parks and edit them into the buildings. So Imagine this as almost..... coloring book guidelines and less final product :D

Thoughts? :bookworm:

Voxel

President of Progress City
Building off of this, here's a really quick draft of the "Main Street" concept we came up with in SketchUp. I put Paris as the castle until we get Figment's concept. :D (Note: This is the first time I really worked with SketchUp other than making one box :hilarious: So it's not the best.)

View attachment 200740
View attachment 200741
View attachment 200742
View attachment 200744

It's crazy but - My goal is to make detailed animation pans/aerials out of a mixed SketchUp/photoshop representation of the park when We're done.

So... It'll look more artistic (Hopefully more realistic), but have that 3D feel as well (Paperman-esque) ... And I can get some texture samples from the parks and edit them into the buildings. So Imagine this as almost..... coloring book guidelines and less final product :D

Does the resident Sketch up fan help?
monoint-jpg.33969

station-jpg.32144

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster

View attachment 200740
View attachment 200741
View attachment 200742
View attachment 200744

tumblr_lrp034Tlly1r2aruco1_250.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom