Are Disney cruises justifiable?

Phonedave

My wife and I just came back from our first! If you have chikdren(we do not) it is justifiable! If you do not, I would say go elsewhere! You are paying for the top notch children areas (that are really cool)! Plus, go on a cruise ship that has two and four table tops at dinner so you don't have to eat with six other complete strangers at dinner every night! Very uncomfortable! Food and service is good....not great! Ship is is wonderful shape and extremely clean and pristine! You will find much more catered to the adult on a Princess or Holland America! This cruise is aimed at famiiies and kids! If you don't mind paying for someone else's enjoyment, have at it!

I feel almost exactly the same way. DCL is wonderful, but from a price perspecive, there is not enough on a DCL ship that you cannot get on an other line to justify the price difference. Now if you have kids, that price is justified.

My one difference is that I don't mind eating with other people. I think DCL has a lot more large tables, because they get a large number of "family cruises" where a load of people want to be seated together. You would think they could make tables that easily lock together or seperate, but maybe not. While I don't mind eating with others, and you can request a "private" table, I know it is something that comes up quite a bit as a complaint about DCL.

-dave

Phonedave

I feel almost exactly the same way. DCL is wonderful, but from a price perspecive, there is not enough on a DCL ship that you cannot get on an other line to justify the price difference. Now if you have kids, that price is justified.

My one difference is that I don't mind eating with other people. I think DCL has a lot more large tables, because they get a large number of "family cruises" where a load of people want to be seated together. You would think they could make tables that easily lock together or seperate, but maybe not. While I don't mind eating with others, and you can request a "private" table, I know it is something that comes up quite a bit as a complaint about DCL. I have had some interesting table company. Once my two daughters and I (I was divorced at the time) were seated with a recently divorced dad and his two kids. I guess he thought I was the perfect person to complain about his ex to. Not really, first off, there were kids at the table, and second, thats just not my style.

-dave

jaklgreen

My wife and I just came back from our first! If you have chikdren(we do not) it is justifiable! If you do not, I would say go elsewhere! You are paying for the top notch children areas (that are really cool)! Plus, go on a cruise ship that has two and four table tops at dinner so you don't have to eat with six other complete strangers at dinner every night! Very uncomfortable! Food and service is good....not great! Ship is is wonderful shape and extremely clean and pristine! You will find much more catered to the adult on a Princess or Holland America! This cruise is aimed at famiiies and kids! If you don't mind paying for someone else's enjoyment, have at it!

It's only uncomfortable if you make it so. You can choose to interact with the others or after a quick "hello" just focus on each other. Either way, it is what you make of it.

TDogg76

It's only uncomfortable if you make it so. You can choose to interact with the others or after a quick "hello" just focus on each other. Either way, it is what you make of it.
I agree! We made the best of it! Afterwards, we were happy to tell people traveling without children to look at Princess and Holland America!
Note: we are not individuals hampered by finance. We are DVC and APH! This is based solely on out first experience on the Disney Wonder!

flynnibus

Premium Member

Yup.. its ashame we are so anti-people at times. I'm not saying sharing TMI is great.. but at least go in with a neutral stance and see if the people are good or bad for your conversation.

It's funny how everyone talks about meeting the most interesting people while waiting in lines... but sharing a table? alien...

21stamps

I agree! We made the best of it! Afterwards, we were happy to tell people traveling without children to look at Princess and Holland America!
Note: we are not individuals hampered by finance. We are DVC and APH! This is based solely on out first experience on the Disney Wonder!
Have you tried Azamara? They are by far my favorite line, and little to none children on board.. but mainly, they have fantastic itineraries!!! The clientele is wonderful as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom