French Quarter or Riverside?

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
This question can spark heated debates along the lines of such great rivals as Coke vs. Pepsi... Playstation vs. Xbox... BSB vs. NKOTB... toilet paper under vs. toilet paper over... Google vs. Apple... Ford vs. Chevy... WDW vs. DL... UF vs. FSU... and so on and so on and so on!!! I stand firmly planted on one side of each of the above wars, and it is no different when it comes to the age old French Quarter vs. Riverside debate (or for us long timers Port Orleans vs. Dixie Landings)! And I am team French Quarter all the way! The ORIGINAL Port Orleans resort!!! WOOH!

Wow, FSU versus Florida ranks up there with Coke versus Pepsi as one of the great rivalries! Yup, I agree.

Go Noles!

LAKid53

Premium Member
POR...best moderate on property. If you stayed at POFQ, you'd have to walk over to POR if you want to eat at a TS, since there isn't one at French Quarter.

LAKid53

Premium Member
During the morning and mid day they share one I believe. During the prime evening hours, used to be starting at 4, they would each get their own.

We've always shared a boat with POFQ in the evening.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Oooohhhh, wrong answer!

We'll see...in November. ;)

8a8ef54ae76c71c2512de652e5a1c338.jpg

patch553

weve stayed at both and loved them, its tough to pick a favorite in our eyes but probably would say FQ as its a little smaller/quieter and at night was quite romantic,but having said that we got a great deal to stay in a royal room in riverside in a few short weeks so that may be the game changer:)

Mista C

We'll see...in November. ;)

View attachment 200310

DUN DUN DUN!!!! No, but in all honesty, that is a fantastic rivalry. One thing that I always tell people is that Gators and Noles actually have a lot of respect for one another... except on game day. We want to kill each other on that day. But every other weekend I root for the Noles to win. I always want both of us to have the best records possible when we play at the end of the season.

LAKid53

Premium Member
DUN DUN DUN!!!! No, but in all honesty, that is a fantastic rivalry. One thing that I always tell people is that Gators and Noles actually have a lot of respect for one another... except on game day. We want to kill each other on that day. But every other weekend I root for the Noles to win. I always want both of us to have the best records possible when we play at the end of the season.

Like 1996? That was an amazing game...but the one following, not so much. :(

Weather_Lady

They didn't for us in January. We were on the first bus to whatever park had early EMH every morning, and never had a problem either going or returning to POR. Never waited more than 10 minutes.

We had great bus service when we stayed at PORS, as well, although the OP did say that they weren't visiting the parks during those days at PORS, so bus service is probably irrelevant anyway.

Last edited:

Weather_Lady

They're both lovely, and both offer convenient transportation to Disney Springs. With a little one, I guess I'd tend to lean toward POFQ (closer to Disney Springs, smaller resort, easier to navigate), although PORS has a few things going for it as well: potentially more kid-friendly theming (in Alligator Bayou and/or the Royal rooms), a bigger and more kid-friendly main pool/waterplay complex, and a table service restaurant.

SugarMagnolia75

I would recommend POFQ. Once your youngest is 3, you won't be able to stay there without getting two rooms. I'm not sure how often you go to WDW, but this is something you might not be able to do on future trips. I also think the pool at POFQ will be a better fit for your family because your kids are so young. The slide at POFQ is shorter and the water is shallower where it enters the pool, plus you'll be able use the new water play area.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Been regulars of both since 1991. My favorite is POR by far but unfortunately if you are heading to WDW for the Parks the FQ has it hands down, the bus service is a serious issue for POR and the FQ is by far superior.

Yet if you want to eat or use the lounge POR still the resort for amenities. Depends on what your looking for, the FQ did not come out for the better with their only dining choice. So disappointing. Hope they bring back their once stellar sit down restaurant abandoned after 9/11. It is past time for that.

HakunaMatata89

POR. stayed at FQ once but all other trips have been POR. Lucked out with the bus setup - my room had the East Depot right behind it and the bus's came pretty frequently with seats available. The theming at Riverside is what wins me over, it's just so relaxing wandering around

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom