Guardians of the Galaxy Mission Breakout announced for Disney California Adventure

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Leaving the broken and burned marks on was intentional...

upload_2017-4-20_15-9-44.png

upload_2017-4-20_15-10-21.png

Curious Constance

Something that has been bothering me.....

MiceChat claims the "Phalic" design is an F U to management for making them create this.

So, sure, management said create a GOTG attraction on this building.

Did they also tell them how to design it to look? Did they tell them what it was supposed to look like? The design is totally on the Imagineers, and if they don't like it, then the F U is on them.

mickEblu

Something that has been bothering me.....

MiceChat claims the "Phalic" design is an F U to management for making them create this.

So, sure, management said create a GOTG attraction on this building.

Did they also tell them how to design it to look? Did they tell them what it was supposed to look like? The design is totally on the Imagineers, and if they don't like it, then the F U is on them.

Ya I've been clear about this. I blame Chapek for the overlay and the imagineers for not designing something better.

PorterRedkey

Literally left over from the original story, I was wondering why they left it as is... I guess they found a way to make it part of the new story...

View attachment 200559
According to the Disney Parks Blog:
"Rising and falling gantry lifts peek out of doors exposed through the corroded, burnt metal, and it even looks as if the structure may have taken laser fire and blasts. Has someone tried to attack the facility?"

I am not defending it, I am just telling you what the official story is.

Disney Analyst

"Rising and falling gantry lifts peek out of doors exposed through the corroded, burnt metal, and it even looks as if the structure may have taken laser fire and blasts. Has someone tried to attack the facility?"

I did say they found a way to make it fit the new story. It's just convoluted.

mickEblu

So in a little over 5 weeks we ll get to see what they did with the inside of the tower and ride GOTG:MB. TBH I'm still curious to see the new tower in person. I do know I hate the pictures that I have seen from different vantage points at DCA. I don't know if this is a coincidence being that TOT is gone but I'm an AP and have not been to DCA since early December. Granted I've only been to DL 3 times since.

Curious Constance

So in a little over 5 weeks we ll get to see what they did with the inside of the tower and ride GOTG:MB. TBH I'm still curious to see the new tower in person. I do know I hate the pictures that I have seen from different vantage points at DCA. I don't know if this is a coincidence being that TOT is gone but I'm an AP and have not been to DCA since early December. Granted I've only been to DL 3 times since.
You've got to go on May 27th and report back.

Professortango1

My question is then why doesn't the facade show any corrosion or burnt features that look likes it's attacked. I mean, we have the rubble sections, but there's no sign of explosion or such around the doors or even on the rubble around the doorways. No broken pipes, no burnt blast marks, no evidence of any attack. Especially when the damage is across the entire building to a uniform height, implying the damage was done at once as separate attacks wouldn't likely yield the same type of damage to the exact same height each time.

Animaniac93-98

I don't see why they couldn't have just had the building keep an art deco shape that blends with Hollywood/BVS from a distance, but up close has some unusual/"alien" architectural details. Instead of crayloa colours and spiky pipe cleaners.

Think about how well ToT in Florida looks from the Morocco pavilion at Epcot:

tower_from_epcot.jpg

That should have happened here and the only reason it didn't was because of poor design choices, not time or budget constraints. There's no excuse for that, even if you support the future Marvel Land of DCA.

Phroobar

My question is then why doesn't the facade show any corrosion or burnt features that look likes it's attacked. I mean, we have the rubble sections, but there's no sign of explosion or such around the doors or even on the rubble around the doorways. No broken pipes, no burnt blast marks, no evidence of any attack. Especially when the damage is across the entire building to a uniform height, implying the damage was done at once as separate attacks wouldn't likely yield the same type of damage to the exact same height each time.

The real explanation is the Collector had a rare Flux Capacitor stored in that section of the building. When lightening struct it, it sent 1.21 gigawatts into the Flux Capacitor causing the building section to be sent back to 1939 Hollywood.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom