Best times to visit DLR?

YourHumbleServant

Original Poster
Hey,
I've read somewhere (think it was here) that the best times to visit are times when passholders are blacked out. Then, if I look somewhere like undercover tourist, THEY say that the times when passholders are blacked out are the best times because so much traffic is due to local passholders.

Does anyone here have firsthand experience regarding this? Also, is there a certain time of year that you find to be best? I was looking at Jan/Feb, and it seems like it might be just a little on the cool side...

Thanks!

TP2000

You probably read that here because all of us locals have been saying that for years. Scan the recent threads here, there are countless stories of that concept being true and on full display, most recently the Easter vacation weeks.

Jan/Feb is a good time, but weekends can be very busy, especially MLK Jr. and Presidents Day weekends that can spill over into the attached weekdays. It can also be rainy, and there will be at least a handful of refurbishment closures including an E Ticket or three. Disneyland does not shy away from regular maintenance on its attractions, unlike WDW, so there will be multiple rides and shows closed during your visit.

YourHumbleServant

Original Poster
You probably read that here because all of us locals have been saying that for years. Scan the recent threads here, there are countless stories of that concept being true and on full display, most recently the Easter vacation weeks.

Jan/Feb is a good time, but weekends can be very busy, especially MLK Jr. and Presidents Day weekends that can spill over into the attached weekdays. It can also be rainy, and there will be at least a handful of refurbishment closures including an E Ticket or three. Disneyland does not shy away from regular maintenance on its attractions, unlike WDW, so there will be multiple rides and shows closed during your visit.
Thanks for the input!
If you had to recommend a time for an out-of-towner to visit for 4 days (maybe 3.5-ish), what would you recommend? What is the best combination of lesser crowds, nice weather, and not high time for refurbs? My kids are in Tues/Thurs classes. So, I'm thinking maybe we can find a time that will be good to go Fri-Mon...
Here is where I have some confusion: if the lower-crowd times are during blocked-out days--does that include weekends that are blocked, or is it mainly week days?
EDIT: Also, it would likely have to be late August or later (even into next year).

GiveMeTheMusic

Thanks for the input!
If you had to recommend a time for an out-of-towner to visit for 4 days (maybe 3.5-ish), what would you recommend? What is the best combination of lesser crowds, nice weather, and not high time for refurbs? My kids are in Tues/Thurs classes. So, I'm thinking maybe we can find a time that will be good to go Fri-Mon...
Here is where I have some confusion: if the lower-crowd times are during blocked-out days--does that include weekends that are blocked, or is it mainly week days?
EDIT: Also, it would likely have to be late August or later (even into next year).

It includes weekends. In fact, blocked out weekend dates can be some of the best to visit. Look at the blockout calendars at disneyland.com/ap and try to find dates where SoCal, SoCal Select and Deluxe passholders are all blocked out. Those are your best bets.

TP2000

YourHumbleServant

Original Poster
Then aim for Labor Day Weekend, and take advantage of the Saturday and Sunday when three levels of Annual Passes are blocked out. Holiday weekends when Deluxe AP's are blocked out are heaven! Labor Day is one of the best, although it is usually very hot (and very dry) that time of year.

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/passes/blockout-dates/
Thanks for the tips!
By Sept, we'll have been though another Texas summer (of many), so I doubt heat will be too much of a problem.
Besides, while I'd be happy with temps in the 70s, my wife loves the sun and the heat. So, at least she'd be happy. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom