Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi NO SPOILERS!!!!

Jahona

I noticed an error in the article.

But if you listen closely to the trailer, isn't that Adam Driver's voice saying that? Luke can be heard earlier in the trailer saying other things, but I could have sworn that was Kylo Ren who says that final, grim sentence. (?) Maybe I'm wrong, and need to re-listen with headphones.

As for the trailer itself, love it. Shows just enough, yet keeps us guessing. I hope the movie lives up to the hype. I was so impressed with Rogue One last December, this will certainly have some big shoes to fill.

Watching it and re-listening it's Mark Hamill. But it seems to be pulled from the movie and not voice over so there's echo in it.
So at 1:16 Pod racing anyone??? I know it's not but that was the first thing that came to mind.

Mad Stitch

“I only know one truth,” Luke says. “It’s time for the Jedi to end.”
But if you listen closely to the trailer, isn't that Adam Driver's voice saying that? Luke can be heard earlier in the trailer saying other things, but I could have sworn that was Kylo Ren who says that final, grim sentence. (?) Maybe I'm wrong, and need to re-listen with headphones.
If it is Luke that says that well then that's all the Sith ever wanted and I'm just glad to hear that Luke is finally on-board.

Tick Tock

Watching it and re-listening it's Mark Hamill. But it seems to be pulled from the movie and not voice over so there's echo in it.
Soooo... Luke has gone from a galaxy-saving hero who said: "I am a Jedi, like my father before me." to a runaway who says "It's time for the Jedi to end." Did the ghost of Palpatine write the script? :confused:

Very curious as to how this all will play-out.

Princess Leia

Soooo... Luke has gone from a galaxy-saving hero who said: "I am a Jedi, like my father before me." to a runaway who says "It's time for the Jedi to end." Did the ghost of Palpatine write the script? :confused:

Very curious as to how this all will play-out.
the quote happens at the beginning of the film. Rey changes his mind and he trains her, -: seen in the trailer.

doctornick

I'm going with it being a real line from the movie, but the end of the sentence is cut off. Thus the inclusion is specifically there to throw off the general audience.

Tick Tock

I showed the trailer to my son and at first he thought it was a Harry Potter film at first because of the slow music at the start.
:hilarious: I can sorta see that also.

But to avoid any confusion, let him know that The Last Jedi is about a young person who recently discovered they have special powers, and journeys to this special place where they will be educated on how to use their powers to the fullest potential, led by a well-known, well-loved, & well-experienced elderly figure. There's also a mysterious, sorta emo-looking fellow with dark hair who is experienced in the dark arts, and we are led to believe so far that he is bad, but he could actually be good (???) Time will tell. Our main hero also has a close friend who comes across as a goody-good, and it's hard to tell if there is any romantic connection between the two just yet, or if they are just friends. Time will tell on that as well. There's also the malevolent evil being with pale skin and a bald head who is the ultimate bad guy of the saga.

Hopefully that helps. ;)

Figments Friend

I cannot help but get the sinking feeling that this film is 'it' for Luke.
Getting a real sense of him biting the bullet during this chapter and being killed off.
I can't beleive the filmmakers would kill off Luke, but then again they had no issues with doing so to his best buddy.

Really looking forward to this new episode.
It had better be epic...there is a lot of possible potential here with the story clues and rumors so far.

-

LieutLaww

Hello There
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
The thing with Harrison was he wanted Han killed off, if he had his way he would have gone in Empire or Jedi, but what brought him back for TFA was the promise of them killing him off, and I can't see them killing Luke off tbh

LieutLaww

Hello There
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Also this

xFYUvMP.jpg

TyTrap

I believe Snoke could be a Whill. Also what does everyone think about his new look description along with possibly having the dark saber?

tk924

Remember this from TFA?

Han Solo: This map's not complete. It's just a piece. Ever since Luke disappeared, people have been looking for him.

Rey: Why did he leave?

Han Solo: He was training a new generation of Jedi. One boy, an apprentice, turned against him, destroyed it all. Luke felt responsible. He just walked away from everything.

Luke is a bummed out hermit. Probably been in hiding a very long time. He fears a repeat of what happened to Kylo if he trains Rey.
I agree that the "It's time for the Jedi to end" line comes very early in TLJ.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom