Jimmy Fallon Ride

Casper Gutman

Everyone wants to see the new attraction, only time will tell if it's popular?

Minions is banging along and it's just an old ride new film.

I know the theme park purist were looking for something great but like I said everything doesn't have to be an E ride to please the crowd.

As long as Uni is adding attractions every year or so, it's perfectly fine if there are some Fallons in between the Diagons and Nintendos (its even OK if they use screeeeeeeenz)

Tom Morrow

As long as Uni is adding attractions every year or so, it's perfectly fine if there are some Fallons in between the Diagons and Nintendos (its even OK if they use screeeeeeeenz)
I disagree, I actually think it's reaching a point where it actually hurts the image of the park with so many attractions being so similar.

I wish Fallon could have take the place of Shrek instead of Twister. At least it would be replacing a 3D screen attraction and we'd still have a physical attraction. Well, that plus Twister is better than Shrek as Shrek is easily in the top 3 worst attractions in Orlando.

Last edited:

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
I disagree, I actually think it's reaching a point where it actually hurts the image of the park with so many attractions being so similar.

I wish Fallon could have take the place of Shrek instead of Twister. At least it would be replacing a 3D screen attraction and we'd still have a physical attraction. Well, that plus Twister is easily better than Shrek as Shrek is easy in the top 3 worst attractions in Orlando.

I wonder if there are any old ride throwbacks like there were in Twister.

No Name

Literally the funniest Promo for a ride ever. You have to watch it from beginning to end:hilarious:.

Wow, I fully agree!

It's very unconventional, but I think it works extremely well, especially for a night show audience.

Most promo videos completely avoid perceived faults and just highlight the obvious good parts, but this video tackles those perceived faults. Excellent... absolutely excellent!

Daveeeeed

I feel like I want to add more to my previous post.

Although I still prefer Disney to Universal, one thing Disney sucks at is marketing their parks. It's like Disney refuses to acknowledge the existence of their film studio division, and with that the expertise in audiences. As you probably saw above, Universal just killed it.

Universal has nailed this on all fronts now. Comcast seems to realize there is a broader audience than just families with young children. Even though it seems unconventional... I think using the Tonight Show as an attraction is genius as it diversifies the appeal all the way to late-night television.

I think Disney should do this too by adding a mini-land (the likes of Game of Thrones, or Alien) to Hollywood Studios.

Disney is supposed to be a place where families can enjoy things together, but it is also somewhere where different cravings can also be fed, which can be enjoyed even though they may not initially appeal to everyone.

Hollywood Studios is obviously Disney World's park that appeals more to teen/young adult crowd (Universal's current main demographic), but packing in nostalgia and/or popular IPs leaning for adults (although a teen can watch Alien) with franchises that older audiences may be fond of is long overdue.

HWS is in dire need of a C-ticket ride in let's say Muppets Courtyard to round up the line-up, but there's also more demographics to cater to than just thrill rides and family rides... and then there's that huge chunk of people like myself that enjoys everything from the Peoplemover to The Tower of Terror.

I'm not necessarily saying Game of Thrones is possible, or even a good fit, but to use it as an example it does surprise me that Disney doesn't attempt to use franchises that appeal to different audiences. Similar to how Universal does with everything from Potter to Nintendo. You tie-up whatever franchise you want into a bow that's appropriate for the average theme park goer (talking about language being kept at "damn" & violence PG-13 etc.) and a park has opened up another demographic that they didn't have before.

Obviously it's a more on the park's basis than anything. MK has tons of family rides, but it needs more due to capacity problems while over at HWS there needs to be one for the sake of having a relaxing ride.

Universal on the other hand slightly tapped into that generally adult audience, although as a teen I I can say that I love Jimmy Fallon. But now they're shifting focus to younger children/families of all ages I believe with Nintendo.

The best way to expand is by attracting new audiences once you have a trusted one. Besides, it makes life so much more interesting than when you have to put out a crappy commercial so you can keep or let demand barely grow a limited audience. Pandora's specials on ABC that one day probably will work out great, but the cross-promotion was and still seems to be a miss into reaching different audiences.

And it's not only an audience: it is substance. The humor Jimmy Fallon used in the promo above to promote his new ride was not only clever, but was able prove the argument that sometimes the best way to encourage people is to laugh at yourself.

Obviously I'm dealing with a lot of generalizing and theoreticals here, but Disney is limiting their audience themselves by them not doing a better job of cross promotion to further audiences.

I mean look how epic it was for Ellen to ride the Rip Ride Rockit.

Last edited:

Princess Leia

I feel like I want to add more to my previous post.

Although I still prefer Disney to Universal, one thing Disney sucks at is marketing their parks. It's like Disney refuses to acknowledge the existence of their film studio division, and with that the expertise in audiences. As you probably saw above, Universal just killed it.

Universal has nailed this on all fronts now. Comcast seems to realize there is a broader audience than just families with young children. Even though it seems unconventional... I think using the Tonight Show as an attraction is genius as it diversifies the appeal all the way to late-night television.

I think Disney should do this too by adding a mini-land (the likes of Game of Thrones, or Alien) to Hollywood Studios.

Disney is supposed to be a place where families can enjoy things together, but it is also somewhere where different cravings can also be fed, which can be enjoyed even though they may not initially appeal to everyone.

Hollywood Studios is obviously Disney World's park that appeals more to teen/young adult crowd (Universal's current main demographic), but packing in nostalgia and/or popular IPs leaning for adults (although a teen can watch Alien) with franchises that older audiences may be fond of is long overdue.

HWS is in dire need of a C-ticket ride in let's say Muppets Courtyard to round up the line-up, but there's also more demographics to cater to than just thrill rides and family rides... and then there's that huge chunk of people like myself that enjoys everything from the Peoplemover to The Tower of Terror.

I'm not necessarily saying Game of Thrones is possible, or even a good fit, but to use it as an example it does surprise me that Disney doesn't attempt to use franchises that appeal to different audiences. Similar to how Universal does with everything from Potter to Nintendo. You tie-up whatever franchise you want into a bow that's appropriate for the average theme park goer (talking about language being kept at "damn" & violence PG-13 etc.) and a park has opened up another demographic that they didn't have before.

Obviously it's a more on the park's basis than anything. MK has tons of family rides, but it needs more due to capacity problems while over at HWS there needs to be one for the sake of having a relaxing ride.

Universal on the other hand slightly tapped into that generally adult audience, although as a teen I I can say that I love Jimmy Fallon. But now they're shifting focus to younger children/families of all ages I believe with Nintendo.

The best way to expand is by attracting new audiences once you have a trusted one. Besides, it makes life so much more interesting than when you have to put out a crappy commercial so you can keep or let demand barely grow a limited audience. Pandora's specials on ABC that one day probably will work out great, but the cross-promotion was and still seems to be a miss into reaching different audiences.

And it's not only an audience: it is substance. The humor Jimmy Fallon used in the promo above to promote his new ride was not only clever, but was able prove the argument that sometimes the best way to encourage people is to laugh at yourself.

Obviously I'm dealing with a lot of generalizing and theoreticals here, but Disney is limiting their audience themselves by them not doing a better job of cross promotion to further audiences.

I mean look how epic it was for Ellen to ride the Rip Ride Rockit.
Alien yes, Game of Thrones no. I love Game of Thrones, and the books that inspired the show, but unless it was a haunted house/maze, there is no way you could convince me that the property is theme park appropriate. Like, I would love to visit Hogwarts, the Millenium Falcon, Jurassic Park, the USS Enterprise, or the Shire, but Westeros is one fictional location that I would not want to step foot in. Essentially, it would be a medieval world, but instead of friendly interactions with locals, you would be verbally abused and sexually harassed. No thank you. Alien's represented on the GMR, but I do think a ride in DHS would fit (where ExtraTerrorestial Encounter should have been, tbh).

Anyways, this was a great promo for the Fallon attraction. Kudos to them.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Alien yes, Game of Thrones no. I love Game of Thrones, and the books that inspired the show, but unless it was a haunted house/maze, there is no way you could convince me that the property is theme park appropriate. Like, I would love to visit Hogwarts, the Millenium Falcon, Jurassic Park, the USS Enterprise, or the Shire, but Westeros is one fictional location that I would not want to step foot in. Essentially, it would be a medieval world, but instead of friendly interactions with locals, you would be verbally abused and sexually harassed. No thank you. Alien's represented on the GMR, but I do think a ride in DHS would fit (where ExtraTerrorestial Encounter should have been, tbh).

I could see GoT being an HHN attraction. :hilarious::D

You're right though, it doesn't belong in the parks as much as I love it. We already have Alien though, in The Great(ly outdated) Movie Ride!

Daveeeeed

It's not the best fit for obvious reasons, but it could work as a mini-land to attract a new audience. But like I said before it was more of an example than anything:D.

Princess Leia

I could see GoT being an HHN attraction. :hilarious::D

You're right though, it doesn't belong in the parks as much as I love it. We already have Alien though, in The Great(ly outdated) Movie Ride!

It's not the best fit for obvious reasons, but it could work as a mini-land to attract a new audience. But like I said before it was more of an example than anything:D.
Between the White Walkers, the Sparrows, Boltons, Thenns, the Qarth warlocks, and dragons (they're not little and cute anymore), not to mention despicable acts from other characters, I think GoT has more than enough to pull from for a HHN attraction.

Bairstow

If they made Termiator work as a family-friendly attraction, I'm sure they could find a way to make Game of Thrones work.
Maybe a set the whole thing at The Wall and structure the ride like a revised version of Tower of Terror with larger, projection-based show scenes?
Heck, a drop tower would probably be an ideal setup for using VR goggles. If guests can never actually see out of the tower, it wouldn't need to be that high to give a great sensation of dropping when combined with goggle visuals.

Edit:

lol, looks like someone's built what I'm thinking of already. http://mashable.com/2014/03/10/game-of-thrones-oculus-rift-arya-stark/#T70BDe9diiqJ

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom