Backpacks on rides

nickys

Premium Member
Unless they're excessively giant, you will be able to bring them on every ride in WDW. (Unlike Universal, where many rides force you to put them in a locker)

-Rob

You will however want to put it into a locker if you're doing Kali River Rapids, otherwise it will get soaked! I put EVERYTHING into the lockers, which are free for an hour and right beside the entrance.

Upvote 0

Disney4family

If you do rent a locker, save your receipt. You'll get your deposit back when you return your key and if you park hop, you can get a locker in the new park(s) without paying again.

Upvote 0

donsullivan

Premium Member
I carry a too large camera backpack with me a lot in the parks and have learned that attractions like Space Mountain and Mine Train don't have enough space under my legs in the seat for my bag. I've learned in those cases that pulling down the lap bar and then putting my backpack on the top of the bar works great. Just take a strap and pull it over the lap bar and ensure your hand is through the strap holding on the lap bar. CM's are fine with it as long as they can clearly see that you have it wrapped in for safe attachment. I've only found it an issue on those 2 attractions and the over the bar approach has worked for me for many years.

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

My DH takes his backpack (which is lightly-packed and squishy, containing things like the kids' autograph books, sunglasses, an extra hoodie, etc. -- YMMV if you're loaded down with 50 pounds of diapers and bottled water) on every attraction. He typically sets it on the floor of the ride vehicle and threads one of his feet through the straps so it can't fly around. On Kali, he wears in on the front, over his chest, and puts a poncho over himself and the backpack -- he looks deformed, but it stays dry!. ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mark P.

I carry a too large camera backpack with me a lot in the parks and have learned that attractions like Space Mountain and Mine Train don't have enough space under my legs in the seat for my bag. I've learned in those cases that pulling down the lap bar and then putting my backpack on the top of the bar works great. Just take a strap and pull it over the lap bar and ensure your hand is through the strap holding on the lap bar. CM's are fine with it as long as they can clearly see that you have it wrapped in for safe attachment. I've only found it an issue on those 2 attractions and the over the bar approach has worked for me for many years.
The only issue I've ever had with my own unreasonably-large camera backpack came on Spaceship Earth, of all places -- the door closed on one of the straps and I almost had to ride through a second time... Aside from that, you're right that Space Mountain is the diciest in terms of seat clearance, but CMs know what to look for to ensure that the bag's secure.

Upvote 0

LadyBelle

In the Parks
No
I had to put my backpack by the exit door in Soarin'. I did take my wallet and phone with me to put in the small pouch on the ride, but that was just me boing paranoid.

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

Soarin' has the underseat storage, and if your bag doesn't fit there you will put it on the floor and a CM will move it to marked "safe" area (same place they would put wheelchairs). Otherwise as a PP pointed out, SM and RnRC are both tight fits, and you may need to finagle it a bit to cram it in with your legs.

Upvote 0

Rob562

Soarin' has the underseat storage, and if your bag doesn't fit there you will put it on the floor and a CM will move it to marked "safe" area (same place they would put wheelchairs). Otherwise as a PP pointed out, SM and RnRC are both tight fits, and you may need to finagle it a bit to cram it in with your legs.

FYI, the first row of each car (the odd-numbered rows) on RnRC have more legroom than the even-numbered rows. Helpful for when you have a backpack.

-Rob

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom