Unsure on booking fastpasses

Gem Bateman

Original Poster
Hi.

I am from the UK and although have been to WDW many times, this will be the first time with magic bands.

I have figured out how to link dining reservations but unsure as to how to book fastpasses when we won't get magicbands until we get to the resort.

Can anyone help please?

TIA x

nickys

Premium Member
Hi.

I am from the UK and although have been to WDW many times, this will be the first time with magic bands.

I have figured out how to link dining reservations but unsure as to how to book fastpasses when we won't get magicbands until we get to the resort.

Can anyone help please?

TIA x

When you get your e-tickets, you link them to everyone in your party within MDE.

Once you have done that, there is an option to book fastpasses. If you are staying onsite, you can book 60 days ahead for each day of your stay (up to the number of days on your ticket. I assume you will have the ultimate tickets). At your 60 day mark, the dates will open up for you. If you are staying offsite, you can book at 30 days ahead, one day at a time.

The Magic bands just read the information on you r MDE account.

Your reservation (if applicable) and tickets must be linked to your MDE account to book fastpasses. Not to make ADRs because anyone can book them 180 days ahead. If staying onsite you can make them for 10 days of your stay at a time.

Hopefully it's now a bit clearer. If not, come back and ask!

nickys

Premium Member
Thank you. When will we get etickets please? Are these at roughly same time, as when we can book fps? Tia x

How have you booked? Direct with Disney or through an agent?

If you've booked direct, through the uk website, then you should get an email as soon as you book your tickets. If you've booked with a travel company or through an agent, then you need to ask them. They should have reference numbers for the tickets.

Gem Bateman

Original Poster
Great. Booked direct. Thanks ever so much for your help. Silly but I want this holiday to be perfect for my 6 year old so panicking about everything already!!

Last edited:

nickys

Premium Member
Great. Booked direct. Thanks ever so much for your help. Silly but I want this holiday to be perfect for my 6 year old so panicking about everything already!!

I would get the tickets linked as soon as you can.
Then you can look at the fastpass section on MDE. Don't panic that the dates only show blue for 30 days ahead, this will change on your 60 day mark.

When you come to booking them, you can do them in any order, so you can start with day 8 if you want.
- Start with things like FEA, 7dmt etc, then go back and do the rest.
- Make a note of the times you book because you can't overlap them.
- If you can't see a time you want, take what's there. Then go back in to MODIFY, and it will give you a chance to view all available times. I think the system guesses what you want, based on what you have already and trying to make them close-ish, so doesn't show all times first off.

And if by any chance you have say 14 day tickets, and you're staying 14 nights, remember that you will need to either drop Day 1 or day 15, because the tickets are only valid for 14 days from first use. Arriving from uk, skip arrival day is my advice. LOL but you probably know this since you've been before!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom