What's the longest you've ever waited for an attraction at any theme/amusement park?

What's the longest you've ever waited for a ride at a theme or amusement park?

• 1 Hour

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • 2 Hours

Votes: 12 60.0%
  • 3+ Hours

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters

21stamps

Original Poster
Last night I waited 3 Hours and 17 Minutes for a 1 minute and 30 second rollercoaster.

The app said 180minutes, but the employee at the line entrance said it was more like 90 minutes, so we entered the line.

The app was close to being accurate.

That is definitely the longest I have ever waited for a roller coaster!

What's the longest that you have ever waited?
And what attraction was it for?
(Any park in the world, not just Disney)

Goofyernmost

The longest I ever waited was in Soarin and it was not voluntarily. The entrance sign said 20 minutes... at the time reasonable for Soarin, but, instead it was actually a little over an hour. I normally wouldn't even enter a line if it said anything over 30 minutes, but, this time I was caught in it and had already invested enough time in it that I didn't want to waste it... so I stayed.

Last February, over in Universal, I waited for the "Escape from" ride for 20 minutes, moving at a snails pace, but, I had never ridden it and didn't know how long the queue might be. At the 20 minute point they announced that the ride was down, but, they expected it to be up again soon. They were right. About 10 minutes later they announced that they were back on line, over the next 10 minutes the line moved, but you had to compare it to a stationary object to determine which direction it was moving. No progress was being made at all. I decided that it wasn't going to get any better and even if it did, I was going to be in a foul enough mood to not be able to enjoy it. So I turn around and went backward out of the queue line. Just not worth it to me.

NYwdwfan

Last night I waited 3 Hours and 17 Minutes for a 1 minute and 30 second rollercoaster.

The app said 180minutes, but the employee at the line entrance said it was more like 90 minutes, so we entered the line.

The employee must have said that to 90 minutes worth of people.:rolleyes:

21stamps

Original Poster
The employee must have said that to 90 minutes worth of people.:rolleyes:
The park closed at 10. We exited the ride at 12:23am..there was a good minimum of 40 minute wait worth of people behind us.

I've never seen anything like that before!

Lucky for us, maybe 50 people exited the line after about 2 hours.. some after an hour when the fireworks started and we were inside a backstage building so obviously couldn't watch them. lol

rob0519

What ride had a 3 hour wait?

21stamps

Original Poster
What ride had a 3 hour wait?
Mystic Timbers.

My experience with wait times last night makes Disney wait times look good.lol. Only one rollercoaster was under 60 minutes. Most were 60-90...one was 120 and the one I mentioned was over 3 hours. Lines for food were way too long to go near them.. we did want a drink, waited 30 minutes in line for a Powerade. Lol

rob0519

Mystic Timbers.

My experience with wait times last night makes Disney wait times look good.lol. Only one rollercoaster was under 60 minutes. Most were 60-90...one was 120 and the one I mentioned was over 3 hours. Lines for food were way too long to go near them.. we did want a drink, waited 30 minutes in line for a Powerade. Lol

I'm sorry, but I don't know what park that is in. I can tell you that all coasters at Great America outside Chicago were over an hour most of the day on Friday, which was opening day. Personally, if any posted time is 60 min or more I keep walking unless its a new attraction I've not ridden before. Even then I try to wait until near the end of the evening.

21stamps

Original Poster
I'm sorry, but I don't know what park that is in. I can tell you that all coasters at Great America outside Chicago were over an hour most of the day on Friday, which was opening day. Personally, if any posted time is 60 min or more I keep walking unless its a new attraction I've not ridden before. Even then I try to wait until near the end of the evening.
Kings Island. Mystic Timbers is the new GCI coaster that opened this year.
IMG_3137.jpg

Park closed at 10pm. We got in line for Mystic Timbers @ 9pm. Here's when we exited the ride.. There was at least 40-60min wait of people behind us still. I'm so curious to know what time the last group got on.
IMG_3129.jpg

Oh, and this was Gold and Platinum Passholder Preview Night.lol.
Opening Day is today.

Last edited:

Tom Morrow

Somehow I've never hit the 3 hour mark. The longest would be about 2 1/2 hours, for Millennium Force and Top Thrill Dragster at Cedar Point, and Gringotts during soft openings.

21stamps

Original Poster
Somehow I've never hit the 3 hour mark. The longest would be about 2 1/2 hours, for Millennium Force and Top Thrill Dragster at Cedar Point, and Gringotts during soft openings.
I would have paid for a Fast Lane plus pass if they would have been selling them last night!!!

We will be at Cedar Point sometime this summer.. I am 100% buying them for that trip... we'll probably do 2 or 3 days there.. But I'll only buy the FL+ for one of them.. the other 2 we can do the less busy attractions

Cookie Galore

Over 2 hours for The Wildcat at Hersheypark the week it opened in 1996
hersheyj14.jpg

edit: this picture is definitely not from 1996 though because those slides in the foreground are a much more recent addition

Second longest would be Space Mountain at a little under 2 hours back before Fastpass.

Last edited:

donsullivan

Premium Member
Many years ago, when Splash Mountain first opened at Disneyland, the lines were 3+ hours for days. I didn't even know about the opening when I scheduled the summer long weekend visit. In the days before Fastpass, the line filled the current queue, came up and wrapped across the front of the mountain in the overflow queue on the left side of the mountain. Then it skipped to the other side of the path and extended down the hill to the railing alongside the river almost all the way over to Pirates and switched back and forth over there 3 times. It was over 3-1/2 hours. I would never do that again but back then it was just what you did.

I also saw Space Mountain one time (again, pre-Fastpass) with the line all the way out across the plaza and wrapping along underneath the loop of the Peoplemover track. It was over an Easter Holiday weekend and posted at 3 hours +- needless to say we didn't get in that one

Cookie Galore

Fastpass has spoiled me because there was a time when I thought nothing of waiting in a long line in any amusement park but now I never get in a line with a posted wait of more than 30 minutes.

Goofyernmost

Fastpass has spoiled me because there was a time when I thought nothing of waiting in a long line in any amusement park but now I never get in a line with a posted wait of more than 30 minutes.
True to some extent, but, even the longest rides previous to FP were no longer then 45 minutes that I recall. It is the FP line that makes the standby line move so slowly. I don't know if I have ever mentioned it or not, but, I HATE FASTPASS. The time you save with the few FP's you can get, is made up for when waiting in the rest that you didn't have a FP to ride.

21stamps

Original Poster
True to some extent, but, even the longest rides previous to FP were no longer then 45 minutes that I recall. It is the FP line that makes the standby line move so slowly. I don't know if I have ever mentioned it or not, but, I HATE FASTPASS. The time you save with the few FP's you can get, is made up for when waiting in the rest that you didn't have a FP to ride.

Most rides, with the exception of maybe 3.. are typically 60 minutes or less at Disney.. and their lines actually get shorter at the end of the night.
Plus, with FP from your phone you can now add pretty much the majority same day.

Agree. My home park's app last night made Disney Easter week wait times look mild. And we didn't have any option of a FP. :(

Cookie Galore

I don't disagree. Yes Fastpass has to make standby longer since anyone with a Fastpass is essentially cutting in front of the standby people. And yes anyone doing all or most of the attractions in a park in one day is going to have the saved time from the three Fastpass attractions eaten up in the longer standby lines they'll need to use. For my family that isn't really the case. We have APs and travel to Florida at least 4 times a year so we skip the lines when they're long knowing we'll be back again soon. I realize my situation is not everyone's.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
The longest I've ever waited was 50 minutes--that was for the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train in MK. The ride had been open for about a year or more at that point, and the waits were still long. I passed by it a few times that day and when I saw 50 minutes (this was in the middle of the afternoon), I got in line. That was the shortest time I saw for the stand-by lines all day, so I entered the queue.

StarWarsGirl

I was at DCA on a very crowded day and waited 60 minutes for RSR and 60 for California Screamin', both through singles lines. By comparison, later when the crowds were down, I waited 10 minutes for Racers through singles, so it was crowded that day.

I also once waited about 60 minutes for Stormrunner at Hershey Park. Last time I was there, I waited 10 minutes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom