News Club 33 coming to Walt Disney World this Fall

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
It does seem silly to flaunt wealth like that. I guarantee the fourth vloggers with have some wealthy person who will have them up only to say they knew "celebs"

Thats the POINT its basically a speakeasy with a concealed entrance by no means is it ostentatious

at WDW I expect the entrances will be backstage and the clubs will have special entrances and private parking the clubs will probably have park entrances as well.

But lets face it these clubs are in reality 'executive dining' for TDO because they cant be seen in a 'Disney' restaurant too déclassé for their exalted positions

The secondary goal is to collect cash from the Golden Oak people.

Last edited:

wdrive

DHS will likely be upstairs at Brown Derby. There's already guest restrooms upstairs. There's a elevator and some sort of kitchen/ dining space from when there was an upstairs bar in what's now disney JR.

Epcot will deffinetly be one of the old corporate lounges. If I had to take a guess I'd say it's likely to be the one in the Seas pavilion as it would be pretty straight forward to give it kitchen access.

Animal Kingdom is a little more complex as I think they will have to build something.

MK - There's a lot of places they could put it in MK and nothing really jumps out at me as a likely candidate.

Upstairs Brown Derby really isn't that spacious. They'd have to do some major work to the upper floor of Disney Jr. As of now most of that area is above and behind the stage of Disney Jr. For an expensive, exclusive lounge I can't see them having it overlook this where multiple loud intrusive performances take place daily.

EricsBiscuit

I know I first heard about them bringing 'the club' to WDW at least 4-5 years ago and I mentioned here not long after. No way they are opening anything more than lounges this year. My gut says they are still afraid the market can't support it. So they don't want to invest BIGLY and then have to pull back. It's all about rubes and their money and Disney addictions.

What is sick is WDW is completely becoming a stratified experience where you are not on an even playing field with fellow Guests (and before people say it has always been that way -- NO, it hasn't, you're wrong, learn your history and come back). Soon, you could spend $8,000 for a week and still be behind in Fast Passes, in access to meal reservations, access to new areas (like Star Wars ... and let's not even talk about their plans for that resort yet!), transportation, even meeting foamheads. They are almost pulling an airline deal here where you now pay for everything that was once included.

They may think this is smart, but they should pay attention to the UAL situation to get how this can blow up in their faces very quickly.
Supply and demand

Laketravis

My gut says they are still afraid the market can't support it. So they don't want to invest BIGLY and then have to pull back. It's all about rubes and their money and Disney addictions.

But then it didn't stop them from building a few bungalows at Poly and charging several thousand dollars a night.

ETA: And much to my surprise I'm having to try multiple dates to find any availability:

"This room type is unavailable for the dates, party size or offer selected."

Maybe the guests who are staying in those bungalows are clamoring for a private space in the park where Mr. and Mrs. Howell can relax?

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
I have a feeling members will have a choice of what park they want to be at. If they want to do the other 3 clubs in the resort they'd have to pay more for additional park clubs..
Well, even the original has different levels of membership -- gold, platinum...

BernardandBianca

Club 33. It's like the new Hard Rock Cafe. Coming soon to a mall near you. Don't forget to buy an "exclusive" $50 t-shift in the gift shop on the way out.

I still have (and wear) the Club 33 polo shirt (a T would be tacky) I bought on one of my visits to the original in DL. As a guest of someone for one of our anniversaries (I forget which one, there have been so many). But haven't been back since the remodel, so I can't say what the present food is like; back then, it was good, but not over-the-top.

Cmdr_Crimson

Well, even the original has different levels of membership -- gold, platinum...
And they could also do it for the other clubs in the parks as well...You can be a member of the MK club but you have to pay a nominal fee to join the other club at Epcot or DHS...I think they want to spread it out to certain places so it doesn't get overcrowded. I'm sure it will be a pretty penny (plus your soul and unborn kids ;):hilarious:) to get to the highest membership and going to all 4 park clubs..

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
And they could also do it for the other clubs in the parks as well...You can be a member of the MK club but you have to pay a nominal fee to join the other club at Epcot or DHS...I think they want to spread it out to certain places so it doesn't get overcrowded. I'm sure it will be a pretty penny (plus your soul and unborn kids ;):hilarious:) to get to the highest membership and going to all 4 park clubs..
Well, perhaps they'll call that the "Unobtainium" level...

halltd

The Sentinel is reporting that this was announced by Disney. Can anyone point me to the announcement? It seems odd that I can't find it anywhere.

Rteetz

The Sentinel is reporting that this was announced by Disney. Can anyone point me to the announcement? It seems odd that I can't find it anywhere.
Disney set up an email address for it and when people emailed they said to stay tuned for me details on the coming WDW Club 33's.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom