50 MAGICal Enhancements for the 50th ...

Cesar R M

Disney really needs to significantly expand capacity in all of the WDW parks.

Disney is seemingly completely unwilling to significantly expand capacity in any of its WDW parks.

Other than Rat, which rumored upcoming attractions are going to be entirely new rather than replacing existing rides?

As to putting Mickey in GMR... do we even have any rumors about what they intend to put in the hulking shell of the animation tour?
almost everything has been replacements for the last decade. I think Avatar will be the only addition so far.. right?
Star Wars + other rides being set, will only give DHS a net gain of 1 ride.. right?

Lets not forget them replacing or adding mostly LOW capacity rides.

Jones14

almost everything has been replacements for the last decade. I think Avatar will be the only addition so far.. right?
Star Wars + other rides being set, will only give DHS a net gain of 1 ride.. right?

Lets not forget them replacing or adding mostly LOW capacity rides.
Well, technically three. DHS maxed out at 6 rides when Toy Story Mania opened, and we'll be at 9 whenever Star Wars and Mickey come online in 2019.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Wow- nine whole rides after about 30 years...

DHS wasn't built to be a 'rides park'... at first. Now it's switching over to the format.

Lol. Gotcha thanks. So after Star Tours closes it will only be 8.

Star Tours is slated to be rethemed, not demolished. At least, that seems to be the plan for now.

EPCOTCenterLover

"DHS wasn't built to be a 'rides park'... at first. Now it's switching over to the format."
Maybe not- but I am not a fan of shows. I go to the theme parks for rides. I'm not a theater guy...

Kman101

I think shows have their place, there needs to be some variety. Not that a park needs more than 1 show. DHS is definitely show heavy. And shows that are 20+ years old at this point.

But the park still needs more than 9 rides. Let's hope they have plans for after SWL/TSL/Mickey ... I'm sure they do but will they implement them?

mickEblu

DHS wasn't built to be a 'rides park'... at first. Now it's switching over to the format.

Star Tours is slated to be rethemed, not demolished. At least, that seems to be the plan for now.

Please no Iron Man. Please no Iron Man. Wait, they can't do that in Florida anyway right?

HauntedMansionFLA

I think shows have their place, there needs to be some variety. Not that a park needs more than 1 show. DHS is definitely show heavy. And shows that are 20+ years old at this point.

But the park still needs more than 9 rides. Let's hope they have plans for after SWL/TSL/Mickey ... I'm sure they do but will they implement them?
We skipped BatB and Indy this time around - same old same old

Daveeeeed

The problem is not the quantity, but how dated they are. Look at Animal Kingdom for instance, spacious walkways, excellent theming, great spread out E-tickets, and 2 fantastic shows. I would personally never go to Hollywood Studios if it didn't have Tot & TSMM, and in a few years I guess Battle Escape. Even with those the park is lacking.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom