Rumor - Fast Pass change- Both parks linked starting April 6th

drizgirl

Well I mean in the end, it's the ratio of Fastpass to Standby that are being allowed on. I know once that I counted how many they let on Little Mermaid before letting I think 6 standby through the merge was 30-40 FP.

And that's where the big slowdown comes from. All of a sudden that big standby line has to feed through into a much smaller portion of the ride's capacity. I wouldn't be surprised if one side of Matterhorn becomes FP only and one side stays standby. How can that NOT make the line move much slower?

Disney Analyst

And that's where the big slowdown comes from. All of a sudden that big standby line has to feed through into a much smaller portion of the ride's capacity. I wouldn't be surprised if one side of Matterhorn becomes FP only and one side stays standby. How can that NOT make the line move much slower?

That's how Space Mountain works at MK, one side fastpass, standby goes to the other side. Or how it was.

Curious Constance

Then on the other side you would have to assume there are less people in standby than would have been there before since some are opting for fastpass. Too much to consider at once!!!

drizgirl

Then on the other side you would have to assume there are less people in standby than would have been there before since some are opting for fastpass. Too much to consider at once!!!
I think that's true to a certain extent. But how many fewer in standby because of FP and how many extra in FP because you can do it now without waiting through a long line? It does get to be too much to consider.

I've been skipping TSMM most trips because I don't want to wait in a long line. With, FP we'll start riding it again. We also skip PP most trips because I don't feel like waiting through that line or using half of my early entry on it. If they add FP to it, we'll start doing it again.

Curious Constance

I think that's true to a certain extent. But how many fewer in standby because of FP and how many extra in FP because you can do it now without waiting through a long line? It does get to be too much to consider.

I've been skipping TSMM most trips because I don't want to wait in a long line. With, FP we'll start riding it again. We also skip PP most trips because I don't feel like waiting through that line or using half of my early entry on it. If they add FP to it, we'll start doing it again.
I think we may just have to all agree that even though Fastpass probably add time to the standby lines, that's just too bad because we're all selfishly taking advantage of Fastpass :) And since we're Disney addicts, we're probably doing it much better than most people.

SuddenStorm

I think we may just have to all agree that even though Fastpass probably add time to the standby lines, that's just too bad because we're all selfishly taking advantage of Fastpass :) And since we're Disney addicts, we're probably doing it much better than most people.

That is a thought I've had- everyone on this forum has their tips and tricks to maximise FP and prioritize rides to be as productive as possible during their day. Each of our strategies is different- which is good cause it allows them to continue to work.

BUT, the family from Poland who knows nothing about FP, Magic Morning, Single Rider, etc. is gonna have a much harder time getting stuff done than the regulars, or the die hards. That's why I don't like them adding FP to Fantasmic- the system was convoluted and clunky. It wasn't efficient. I saw many people getting really confused with it back when the show was running.

And honestly, while I feel bad for the tourists who don't get as much done as the regulars, it almost has to be that way. No matter what system is in place, people will exploit it and use it better than others.

Curious Constance

That is a thought I've had- everyone on this forum has their tips and tricks to maximise FP and prioritize rides to be as productive as possible during their day. Each of our strategies is different- which is good cause it allows them to continue to work.

BUT, the family from Poland who knows nothing about FP, Magic Morning, Single Rider, etc. is gonna have a much harder time getting stuff done than the regulars, or the die hards. That's why I don't like them adding FP to Fantasmic- the system was convoluted and clunky. It wasn't efficient. I saw many people getting really confused with it back when the show was running.

And honestly, while I feel bad for the tourists who don't get as much done as the regulars, it almost has to be that way. No matter what system is in place, people will exploit it and use it better than others.

I wouldn't call it exploiting the system when all you're doing it using it within it's defined parameters.
And while I wouldn't consider myself a regular, I know I'm better off than most tourist, but the only reason I got that way is because I chose to put lots of effort and research into it. Anyone could do that.

SuddenStorm

I wouldn't call it exploiting the system when all you're doing it using it within it's defined parameters.
And while I wouldn't consider myself a regular, I know I'm better off than most tourist, but the only reason I got that way is because I chose to put lots of effort and research into it. Anyone could do that.

Exploit was a poor word choice. I meant more that people will learn the system, its intricacies, and be able to use it better than those that don't go to the parks.

Although the old disabled system was heavily exploited, and I have friends that don't actually need the current system, but that use it as an additional FP. I stopped going with them cause of it.

Stevek

2:30 on a Thursday afternoon with reasonable crowds today...110 minute wait. Nope, FP has zero effect on the standby line : )

I don't remember the last time I was it with that long of a wait...maybe opening weeks?

D

Deleted member 107043

2:30 on a Thursday afternoon with reasonable crowds today...110 minute wait. Nope, FP has zero effect on the standby line : )

I don't remember the last time I was it with that long of a wait...maybe opening weeks?

I just opened at the DL app and it's now at 75 mins, which is still too long. Fastpasses are currently available with return times between 7:30pm and 8:50pm, so technically the wait is easily avoidable for anyone who wants to skip it.

BrianLo

Of course FP increases standby wait times... but the whole point is you don't wait in those lines.

Under the old scheme I waited 30-40 minutes for one ride a day, under the new scheme I will wait <10 with FP. I don't understand why people get in these hour plus standby lines anyways.

I think TSMM (unlike DHS) is still going to be safe as long as there is a much more desirable FP in RSR. If anything, it might actually make RSR distribution last a little longer. Plus ToT is currently offline and certainly will help once back. It's probably going to fall into that 3rd/4th desirability position along with Soaring.

The only people it truly punishes are those who want to ride multiple, multiple times in a day. Or the AP's who arrive late into the evening when things are dried up. FP is a boon to the people like me who rope drop as a tourist. You get all the glory of low morning crowds and the mitt of FP you build makes the afternoons a treat.

Curious Constance

Haunted mansion only has a 13 minute wait right now.

TSMM has a 60 min wait

And California Screamin only has a 15 minute wait and it has fastpass too, go figure.

GiveMeTheMusic

Haunted mansion only has a 13 minute wait right now.

TSMM has a 60 min wait

And California Screamin only has a 15 minute wait and it has fastpass too, go figure.

FP seems to really adversely affect HM when it's in holiday mode. In particular this last season was really bad and every time I went I tried to watch ops and see what was different, if anything, in keeping the standby line so incredibly long. I could only conclude the ratio of FP to standby had increased from the year before, because the standby wait rarely dipped below 45 minutes and most evenings would get to 90.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom