Why is the Forum not secure?

Phil12

Original Poster
Hmmmm......wonder if I made a mistake configuring this forum to manage my online savings account.
Unsecured websites subject you the possibility that someone can steal your password and also have access to your session cookies because they are not encrypted. As I'm sure you know, some people use the same password on multiple sites and without a secure session your computer could be hacked.

The Mom

Premium Member
Unsecured websites subject you the possibility that someone can steal your password and also have access to your session cookies because they are not encrypted. As I'm sure you know, some people use the same password on multiple sites and without a secure session your computer could be hacked.

IMO, if someone uses the same password for a discussion forum with potentially millions of viewers as he/she uses for a financial or any other vulnerable site, I would consider it Darwinism at work. My password here is in no way related to the ones (yes, you should have multiple, unrelated ones) used elsewhere.

Now, if someone logs on here as me, I'll be angry but it won't hurt me IRL. @wdwmagic would have to deal with the mess. ;)

Phil12

Original Poster
IMO, if someone uses the same password for a discussion forum with potentially millions of viewers as he/she uses for a financial or any other vulnerable site, I would consider it Darwinism at work. My password here is in no way related to the ones (yes, you should have multiple, unrelated ones) used elsewhere.

Now, if someone logs on here as me, I'll be angry but it won't hurt me IRL. @wdwmagic would have to deal with the mess. ;)
But there are other exploits that can happen to you that are more troublesome. I won't elaborate for the obvious reason.

The Mom

Premium Member
That is the chance you take with the internet. There is always someone looking to steal from you - although I've had more trouble with identity theft in the "real world." rather than on this forum. Do what you can to prevent it, and decide if it's worth the risk to post on forums you consider unsafe.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
But there are other exploits that can happen to you that are more troublesome. I won't elaborate for the obvious reason.

You have a far greater chance of someone gaining your personal information through social media via hacking than you do a forum like this.

Phil12

Original Poster
You have a far greater chance of someone gaining your personal information through social media via hacking than you do a forum like this.
I assume you are aware that you can login directly to WDWMagic from social media.

Bob

B00b
Premium Member
It now is :)
giphy-downsized-large.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom