2010 Main Street Electrical Parade Deja Vu?

Do you want the Main Street Electrical Parade to be kept permanently at Disneyland Park?

• Yes

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • No

Votes: 36 81.8%

• Total voters

Curious Constance

I think it would be nice to have it at DCA during the summer, then switch back to DL. Maybe DCA can get a cool new parade. Star Wars/marvel would be different and kind of exciting.

D

Deleted member 107043

To me it would seem a bit redundant to have both parades running at the same time since they have similar themes and PTN was intended to be the successor to the MSEP.

Figments Friend

'Paint' at DCA makes sense to me.
With the Pixar references, and hip 'rave party' vibe, it always seemed like a good 'fit'.
The only thing that has been holding it back are those low hanging wires.

I'd be fine seeing it move.
No more Mack trucks cruising down Main Street USA...!
:D

-

drizgirl

'Paint' at DCA makes sense to me.
With the Pixar references, and hip 'rave party' vibe, it always seemed like a good 'fit'.
The only thing that has been holding it back are those low hanging wires.

I'd be fine seeing it move.
No more Mack trucks cruising down Main Street USA...!
:D

-
Well, aren't they ditching that whole "old Hollywood" theme anyway? Why wouldn't they lose the wires?

Figments Friend

Well, aren't they ditching that whole "old Hollywood" theme anyway? Why wouldn't they lose the wires?

Are they?
I suppose when the Marvel area gets built and takes over the 'Hollywoodland' area I could see them getting pulled.

I always associated the trolley wires with Buena Vista Street which is the only area that feels like 'old Hollywood' to me...even through its supposed to be old Los Angeles.

The Red Car and the wires are a nice visual element on BVS.
If they are removed from that area it will take away a little of the 'vintage' feel but may well improve the upper sight lines.

-

Last edited:

Brenthodge

The thought has crossed my mind in the past that perhaps BOTH might run at some point....one in each Park, but I'm sure the logistics and reasons behind that ever actually happening are pretty slim.
'Paint' would be a good way to lure crowds over to DCA, but the float units have been said to be too large to run the route.
Mack and Elsa's Tower would have trouble clearing those low hanging Red Car Trolly lines.
Unless they modified or eliminated certain floats, 'Paint' cannot run there.

I personally don't see MSEP running long term at Disneyland.
As much as I like the Parade, particularly the classic pre-96'versions with the 'real' soundtrack, I can't really imagine it would just keep on running for several years.
Who knows what TDA has up their sleeves though.
Anything is possible.

-
Thats why I still think it was VERY short sighted to do the trolley lines at the height they are with no way to "lift" or retract them at parade time. They are only decorative anyway, so not sure why they limited themselves that much - especially since they have the superior "performance corridor" (at least by original design)

Curious Constance

I think the trolley wires may have been an example of taking theming too far. Trolley wires may be necessary in some environments in the real world, but they are never nice to look at. I would have prefer they skip them all together.

Curious Constance

Does anyone know where the viewing location is when you reserve a Blue Bayou/MTEP dining package?
Also, anyone know about how early you need to arrive at the location?

PacNWTigger

I'm guessing that it is in across from the train station where the flag pole is located. That whole area said it was reserved when we showed up for the parade. I honestly don't think you need reserved seating for MSEP. We got there about 5 minutes before the parade started, and we had great spots in front of the train station standing behind a bench so there weren't people standing in front of us.

drizgirl

I'm guessing that it is in across from the train station where the flag pole is located. That whole area said it was reserved when we showed up for the parade. I honestly don't think you need reserved seating for MSEP. We got there about 5 minutes before the parade started, and we had great spots in front of the train station standing behind a bench so there weren't people standing in front of us.

That's correct. The area is on the back side of Town Square facing the train station.

There is no "seating" although you can sit along the curb if there's space.

Curious Constance

Thank you both! I figured since we're eating at the Blue Bayou anyway, we might as well do the combined dinner/MSEP fastpass. I'm really hoping we can show up fairly close to the parade starts. I hate waiting around for parades.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom