AP Magic Bands

_mickey_

Original Poster
So I just saw that AP holders can order free custom Magic Bands (not sure how I missed that one). If I order now, what is the likelihood that I will receive it by April 21st?

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
If you have an activated pass and order today you should have it by then. It's just the standard band that they send with resort reservations. Only extra is the AP sliders for the band in the box and comes in an AP box. You get a new one each year. ;)

sxeensweet

Sweet! And the MB will pick up any pre-existing FPs even if there is another MB already linked, right?

Correct all info in your MDE account will work with all active magic bands in your account interchangeably. Nothing is actually attached to the magic bands. The bands just read info in your MDE account etc. ;)

_mickey_

Original Poster
Correct all info in your MDE account will work with all active magic bands in your account interchangeably. Nothing is actually attached to the magic bands. The bands just read info in your MDE account etc. ;)

Thanks! Now I'm overly excited about free MB! Off to order them!

BAD311

I was just about to post about a MB/FB question for annual passholders...

How do I go about ordering a magic band online?? as I've not activated the card that Disney sent me a few weeks ago... I was under the impression I had to visit the parks and Disney would mail me a MB at a later date once I activated my annual pass?

sxeensweet

I was just about to post about a MB/FB question for annual passholders...

How do I go about ordering a magic band online?? as I've not activated the card that Disney sent me a few weeks ago... I was under the impression I had to visit the parks and Disney would mail me a MB at a later date once I activated my annual pass?
For a new AP (not renewal) you have to activate it first so you won't be able to order them online until you activate it at Guest relations. So you will not have them when you use your pass for the first time. After your first visit then go online and you can customize them and order them like you do for resort reservations. ;)

sjhym333

For a new AP (not renewal) you have to activate it first so you won't be able to order them online until you activate it at Guest relations. So you will not have them when you use your pass for the first time. After your first visit then go online and you can customize them and order them like you do for resort reservations. ;)
That is correct. As soon as you enter the park (which activates a new AP) you can check your MDE account and usually within minutes you will see the option to customize your Magic Band. Of course customizing means choosing a color and the name you want on the band. Until you get your Magic Band your AP works great for everything you need

BAD311

Hello, we haven't activated our annual passes yet... we plan to go to Disney on May 6th... what are the CON's of not having a magic band when we go down from May 6th to May 12th?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Hello, we haven't activated our annual passes yet... we plan to go to Disney on May 6th... what are the CON's of not having a magic band when we go down from May 6th to May 12th?

Instead of tapping your wrist to things, you have to dig out your plastic card with the RFID chip in it and tap that to things.

Also, the plastic card doesn't have the long range RFID that MBs do, so, you won't get photos from rides automatically attached to your MDE. You'll have to stop by the video screens at the end of a ride and tap your card to it to get the association to take place.

You could order a MB in advance from an online story (you pay extra). This one can have pictures on it and not just one of the plain colors you can "customize" with the free one. This means you'll have MB to use from day one of your WDW vacation. Then you can get the free AP ones later as a back up for future trips (or go to www.magicyourband.com to customize them with a vinyl overlay).

JaxFLBear

Also, the plastic card doesn't have the long range RFID that MBs do, so, you won't get photos from rides automatically attached to your MDE. You'll have to stop by the video screens at the end of a ride and tap your card to it to get the association to take place.

You can't manually link photos for 7DMT or FEA as those rides don't have a photo area at the end.
ToT & 7DMT have a ride video which requires a MagicBand.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom