Rumor of Springs Light Show and 4th Parking Garage

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
This site:

Is claiming:

1. LED lights being installed in the springs to create a light show lite.​
2. The parking lot behind Cirque will be used for a big temporary tent while the permanent building is being refurbed (which we have heard before) and then, after that, a fourth parking garage will go there.​

'Struth?

Last edited:

Kman101

I know it's a surface lot and a garage makes sense, but do they really need a FOURTH garage right now? I guess it's probably harmless and doesn't hurt to throw one up ...

danlb_2000

Premium Member
This site:

http://www.wildgravitytravels.com/d...n-rumors-update-april-2017-walt-disney-world/

Is claiming:

1. LED lights being installed in the springs to create a light show lite.

2. The parking lot behind Cirque will be used for a big temporary tent while the permanent building is being refurbed (which we have heard before) and then, after that, a fourth parking garage will go there.​

'Struth?

The article specifically mentions lights in the springs being used for a light show. I think this is plausible.

A couple weeks ago, before the closing of the current Cirque show was announced the Dis-Unplugged podcast mentioned that the show would be closing a temporary show would run in a tent, although they did not know where the tent would be. Seems like there might be some credibility to this rumor.

A new garage in the L-M-N lot might make sense if there are plans to expand the west side into the O-P-Q lot.

upload_2017-4-2_7-59-18.png

danlb_2000

Premium Member
OMG can you imagine seeing the beautiful Grand Chapiteau standing high above Disney Springs?!?! :inlove: I do wonder what Cirque is cooking up here. The possibilities are endless for a show under the big top. Will it be a current show? A re-staging of a retired show? Exciting times to be a Cirque fan!

If the temporary tent rumor is true, it would likely be one of the existing touring shows.

Kman101

OMG can you imagine seeing the beautiful Grand Chapiteau standing high above Disney Springs?!?! :inlove: I do wonder what Cirque is cooking up here. The possibilities are endless for a show under the big top. Will it be a current show? A re-staging of a retired show? Exciting times to be a Cirque fan!

I'm glad Cirque seems to be sticking around. I've only seen La Nouba so I'd love to see some of the other ones. A new show would be very welcome by me. I'd probably be one of the first to grab a ticket. My mom's also a fan so that would be nice for her to see a different show as well. She's over the parks but it's nice to do a few things together while we can (she's fine, lol, but none of us are getting any younger!)

Kman101

Please visit there site and see if there is a show nearby soon! After Disney, Cirque is my biggest passion and I always advocate for people to experience it as much as possible

I will go and check! I really enjoyed La Nouba so I'd like to see some of their others. Hopefully I luck out ...

Kman101

Looks like Ovo will be in Sunrise in July, that's the "closest" to me (It isn't exactly but I have family down in South Florida so I can stay with them!). Tickets are incredibly cheap! I'm definitely purchasing ... @AJH219 do you know much about it?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Will be exciting watching the tour plans for next year roll out as we progress through 2017.

There are 9 shows on tour, here is the last dates listed for each...

Ovo - Has a show ending August 6th in Jacksonville and then opening in Europe in October.
Amalina - In Rome until May 28th
Kooza - In Singapore until August 13th
Kurios - In Portland in September and then unlisted dates in Vancouver
Luzia - In Chicago until August 20th
Totem - In Europe until April 2018
Varekai - In Europe until October 2017
Volta - In Toronto until October 29, 2017
Toruk - In Asia starting in July 2017

*Q*

Would they totally demolish the Cirque du Soleil theater and somewhat relocate it? Because it would be kind of strange for them to expand Disney Springs into the O-P-Q lots with the current way West Side dead ends into Cirque.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Would they totally demolish the Cirque du Soleil theater and somewhat relocate it? Because it would be kind of strange for them to expand Disney Springs into the O-P-Q lots with the current way West Side dead ends into Cirque.

It doesn't really dead end. The main path continues past Cirque...

upload_2017-4-2_17-22-23.png

Corey

Oddly enough, I didn't check the news and rumors forum for a few days and ending up posting yesterday an idea for expanding Disney Springs in the Imagineers forum, which is virtually identical to this rumor. You might look at it to see if it has merit and something Disney should consider. I thought of adding additional entertainment venues rather than more stores to give you an idea of my proposal. I wouldn't post here about an Imagineers thread if my idea didn't happen to mirror so many of the aspects of this rumor.

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...ict-at-disney-springs-and-map-diagram.925821/

Last edited:

Mouse Detective

I see lots of Disney store bags when I'm at Disney Springs and I see lots of Lego store bags. But I don't see a lot of other bags. Why in the world would they want to expand it?

jt04

Most of the chains that have locations at Disney Springs are reporting that they are the highest performing stores in their portfolios.

I remember when people around here said the new DTD was doomed to fail. Also, everyone should keep in mind there are still many elements in the pipeline for this area. Skies the limit.

Next Big Thing

Most of the chains that have locations at Disney Springs are reporting that they are the highest performing stores in their portfolios.
Being a local, I totally believe this as I see people spending money in the new stores all the time, but is there any articles I can read that show this? Or even a google search?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom