STK Orlando now offers brunch, including The Ultimate Brunch For Two

jaklgreen

The prices are ridiculous. We are steak lovers and would consider eating here if they charged a reasonable price. A 6oz filet, just the steak, is $36. $2 for steak sauce?! Want some vegis? Fork over another $10 for mashed potatoes. Don't forget an extra $10 for 3 tiny ice cream cones. It's crazy. Too many steak houses out there offering a more reasonably priced meal. You can eat at Teppan in Epcot and get the filet for $36 that comes with a salad, vegis, noodles, rice, and a show.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
The prices are ridiculous. We are steak lovers and would consider eating here if they charged a reasonable price. A 6oz filet, just the steak, is $36. $2 for steak sauce?! Want some vegis? Fork over another $10 for mashed potatoes. Don't forget an extra $10 for 3 tiny ice cream cones. It's crazy. Too many steak houses out there offering a more reasonably priced meal. You can eat at Teppan in Epcot and get the filet for $36 that comes with a salad, vegis, noodles, rice, and a show.

You can uber to Morton's, have a great meal, and uber back for less than brunch at STK.

jaklgreen

You can uber to Morton's, have a great meal, and uber back for less than brunch at STK.

I don't doubt it. And to me, it's not really whether or not I can afford it. I mean I could have purchased a house with the amount of money that I have spent going to WDW. It's the point that I am unwilling to spend that money on something that I feel is price gouging. Especially on something that is available almost everywhere.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
I don't doubt it. And to me, it's not really whether or not I can afford it. I mean I could have purchased a house with the amount of money that I have spent going to WDW. It's the point that I am unwilling to spend that money on something that I feel is price gouging. Especially on something that is available almost everywhere.

It definitely isn't about whether or not anyone can afford it, despite what some people here want to believe.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Seriously? Any high end steak house (and STK is that) charges separate prices for steak and others. Here's some others:

Jiko 7oz - $49
Cali Grill - $49
Shula's - 10oz - $53
Citrico's - $49
Narcoossee's - $49
Artist Point - 8oz - $50
Yachstmans - 6oz - $47
Boathouse - 8oz - $39.50
Paddlefish - 6oz - $39
Bull & Bear - 8oz - $55

It's actually one of the cheapest on property for a signature restaurant. Some come with sides, and some do not.

Otterhead

The prices are ridiculous. We are steak lovers and would consider eating here if they charged a reasonable price. A 6oz filet, just the steak, is $36. $2 for steak sauce?! Want some vegis? Fork over another $10 for mashed potatoes
These prices are in line with any high end steakhouse, even chains like Ruth's Chris or Smith & Wollensky. I've been to steakhouses that charge $50+ for a steak, $15 for sides, and $5-10 for sauces. It's true that STK is more expensive than, say, Outback, if that's what you're comparing it to.

drwadadli

Do you ever go to Ruth's Chris or Morton's Steakhouse? They do the same thing there!!!

Morton's: 6 oz filet - $39.00
Sides - $11.00

Ruth's Chris: 8 oz filet - $39.00
Sides - $8.50 - $11.50

So, how is that any different than STK????

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Do you ever go to Ruth's Chris or Morton's Steakhouse? They do the same thing there!!!

Sides - $11.00

Sides - $8.50 - $11.50

It's not $275 for two filets and sides.

jaklgreen

Sides - $11.00

Sides - $8.50 - $11.50

I guess we are spoiled living in the midwest. There are great steakhouses everywhere here with premium quality meat at a decent price. I have not need to go to a "high end" steak house to get a good steak. Beef travels well, unlike seafood, so it is easy to get decent quality steak pretty much anywhere. So I can't see spending that much for a steak with no sides. Now if they at least included 1 side, a potato or a veg then that would be a bit different. But restaurants like that are just nickel and diming us.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom