CSR room rehab coming soon

Spectro

Ah I just revisited the photos Buzz posted there are actually 6 drawers for clothes so that means 2 drawers each for girls in our family, and dh can live out of suitcase for 10 nights so that is actually ok and doable ! As long as we have our cosmetic counter space ;)

emma c

What do u think the chances of getting a refurb room are? We going next in May 10-20? Don't really care about on construction work to be honest been going on behind r hse all year so used to the noise!

Jahona

What do u think the chances of getting a refurb room are? We going next in May 10-20? Don't really care about on construction work to be honest been going on behind r hse all year so used to the noise!

If you try to reserve in the Ranchos section then you have a better chance of getting a room. Although only 7a has been completed to my knowledge.

Weather_Lady

Yikes! Is that what they're all going to look like, or has the décor been toned down for "business" guests? On the one hand, I love the redesigned furniture and sink area, which make more efficient use of the space and increase the room's flexibility for families, in addition to being attractive.

On the other hand, this room looks incredibly stale, bland, boring and colorless (dominated by large expanses of brown, white or gray) -- so much so that I think the refurb would make me less likely to stay at CS rather than more likely. The Three Caballeros art is terrific, but it doesn't do enough to make the room look like it belongs in Coronado Springs rather than in a hospital. The American Southwest is full of colorful tile, colorful fabric, colorful art and colorful buildings -- why couldn't the designers have kept some of that (albeit in a tasteful way)? I thought that the previous iteration of the rooms (which was, itself, a GIANT improvement over the 80's-style bedding and dark woods that dominated the décor when I stayed there in 2005) struck a nice balance of color, texture and grown-up modernity. This new décor only captures the latter, and is sterile almost to the point of looking like it belongs at the Contemporary (or in the storage warehouse of your local IKEA) instead of Coronado Springs. You could find a hotel room just like this (sans the pictures on the wall) ANYWHERE.

Naturally, this is just my subjective opinion, and I'm sure that many will love it. I just find it jarringly bland (how's that for an oxymoron)?

Last edited:

TourlandoFL

Still no bed runners in the new rooms this past weekend. The space under the beds to store suitcases is great, tons of bathroom storage and the long desk/drawers/coffee built-in makes for an excellent drop zone.

Attachments

• IMG_0972.JPG
    IMG_0972.JPG
    52.2 KB · Views: 51

Buzz2001

Original Poster
They did the same thing when the rooms were renovation 7 years ago. They didn't put out the runners until almost all the rooms were complete. Not sure why.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom