News World Drive Magic Kingdom Intersection Re-Design

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
A lot of progress last week with the lane shift and as you can see, the removal of the entry sign (letters being removed).

View attachment 194260
All I can think of when I see the "road closed" sign and the removal of the welcome sign...

Attachments

• download (1).jpg
    download (1).jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 79

Goob

I was on the property last week and noticed some heavy construction going on right in front of the DVC tower. Anyone know what that's all about? Gondola tower?

Last edited:

Goob

I'm not exactly sure what intersection it is. All I can remember is the 20'-30' tall tower that advertises the Disney Vacation Club.

IMG_0067.JPG

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Not sure the pumps are moving water from one side to the other, they could just be keeping the worksite dry

They are, intakes are at the end of each of those pumps, outputs are on the side. In the foreground the outputs route through the interior of the box drain to the far side. The far side you see that they've got some infiltration issues that they are removing water from the nearside cofferdam.

mm121

Not sure the pumps are moving water from one side to the other, they could just be keeping the worksite dry

They are, intakes are at the end of each of those pumps, outputs are on the side. In the foreground the outputs route through the interior of the box drain to the far side. The far side you see that they've got some infiltration issues that they are removing water from the nearside cofferdam.

When I said one side to the other, yes i know they are moving water from one side of the coffer dam to the other.

I meant they are NOT moving water from one side of the street to the other

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
When I said one side to the other, yes i know they are moving water from one side of the coffer dam to the other.

And I was stating the opposite. They are as theres a pipe under the road.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster

I think they are moving it to the other side of the road. The intakes are marked in blue and it looks the like pipe marked in red is going through the box culvert under the road.

upload_2017-3-28_10-3-21.png

Meeko77

Sad to report that the Flik billboard has been taken down - I was suspicious it might happen. Wonder if they might move it elsewhere on property? The Mission: SPACE billboard was removed as well. Not sure when it happened, but it had to have been some time this past week, since danlb_2000 posted the photos on Monday. RIP Flik. I guess "It's Tough to Be a Bug" on a Disney construction site. :(

Kman101

What an absolute mess all of this road construction was! Just a fair warning, be careful and give yourself time to travel around the property. I know my way around but I did get turned around a few times. I'm not complaining only saying to be careful. I'm all for the improvements. (And I'm just a tad annoyed with myself that I didn't educate myself first on all of the road construction going on, it was a bit of a shock ... lol)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom